Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, December 12, 2008

Before And After


Hi, girlfriends! I Love before and afters, don't you?

I have 4 different types of cabinetry in my crazy quilt kitchen but this lower set are my favs. The door on the far right is the "before" and the rest are the "afters"!
That fake wood grain contact paper just about made me throw up! :>
I like the strawberry paper muuuuch better!
Ever tried doing a project like this with contact paper?
Hint- DON'T DO IT! Ha-ha!
I like my new knobs better, too.

If you click to enlarge, you'll see what an off job I did with the paper but it's not noticeable when you walk in here. I also need to touch up the paint one of these days. Oh, wow, after clicking to enlarge, you can also tell how dirty the cabniets are! GASP! How dreadful! Ha-ha!
So many fun projects- so little time!
Do you see my kitty admiring my work? She's one of the girls I have around here. Well, thanks for being one of my girls too and looking at the first of many -before and afters!
~ Cookie Sprinkles ~

14 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You've done a beautiful job of re-do-ing your cabinets. I love them painted white. What dirt? I didn't see any dirt. I am loving the tour of your home. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

Holly said...

Thanks, Twyla! Today is my Monday but I will enjoy my *week*!

What dirt? Ha-ha! You must be joking or you didn't click to enlarge!

I've been happily crafting the morning away and waiting for Micah to get up. I let my kids sleep as much as they want. :>

Hope you have a happy week end!

~ Marshmallow hearts ~

Priscila said...

its really nice! Love it!!! I must visit you someday and ur sweet home. I actually blogged today...haha I have more to blog about but babies are awake...maybe durring naptime

Holly said...

Thanks! You'd be welcome here anytime, Pri!

~ Cinamon and icing ~

:>

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Hi Holly! Thank you for stopping by again. I always love your encouraging words. I am doing better. Just have a new perspective.

I love your strawberry cabinets. You know what you can do in the areas where you didn't cover with contact paper? You can touch up with a white paint and I bet you won't even be able to tell unless your nose is up to the cupboards. Just a thought! hugs, Ellen

Holly said...

Hi, Ellen!
I'm so glad you're doing better. Yeah, I plan on touching up those off spots when I touch up the rest of the cabniets. Sooo many projects in an older home! I never get bored though!

We're off and away to the library!

Ta-ta!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I did click to enlarge the picture, I just don't believe friends see each other's dirt! Twyla

Jenny S said...

hahaha! Try wallpapering an apartment kitchen with contact paper!!! Oh how stupid we are in college, but it was not tooooo bad!

Holly said...

Oh, Twyla, you're so sweet! And in case you haven't noticed, I'm very gullible! Hee!

Holly said...

Oh my, Jenny! I CAN"T imagine! Ha-ha!

It would sometimes take up to an hour for me to do just one of those panels! UG! It was so much brighter in there after just one panel was done that it helped to keep going. (Not to mention that the custom paper cost me $25.00! with shipping)

Let's see what kind of hearts you get... how about:

~ Cinamon hearts ~

:>

Kelly said...

Oh the cabinets look sweet! And I CAN see your little kitty checking out your work, haha!

Have a great week!

Kelly

Holly said...

Thanks! Good to see you, Kelly! I think my cabniets are sweet, too; sweet and cheerful. I think that's what my poor kitchen needed.

~ Hearts ~

Somewhere In Time- Christie (Queenie) said...

These cabinets look precious...it's so shabby chic! I love dainty small prints...I know you are enjoying this! You are good girl!
xoxo,
Queenie

Holly said...

I love dainty prints, too, Queenie. Having it on these cabniets is sort of like getting to have wall paper.