Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Card I Made For Priscila

Hello, Girls!
Come on in and look at this!

When I saw that Priscila owned some vintage elves I knew this elf pic from a catalog would would make a great card for her. I told her it was my first experience with altered art and that I was experimenting on her!
It's really not all that altered but it's more than just a card, too.
Some of the elements are 3D and raised.
Mixed media and altered art are new terms to me so please bear with me.

My husband was so proud of me for making this card that he took a video of me working on it!
~ Blush~
He's so suportive of whatever makes me happy!
Thank you, Lord for Bobby!
I WON'T post the video :> but here's the still pic he also insisted on taking.
I originally didn't want to send this pic to Priscila because I don't like the shirt I'm wearing and my hair isn't fixed but then I said to myself, "Get over it, girl!"
So, here I am, ugly shirt and all.



This pic is taken in my peach dinning room.
I wouldn't choose the color peach but it was like this when we moved in. You can see into the computer room and my computer screen if you look through the book shelf and door way.
Priscila, the dresser off to the side, is the one I said is a lot like yours.

Thanks for stopping by!


~ Hearts ~

12 comments:

gin said...

Wow, a lot going on with you today. The card you made is so great. And the wreath is very pretty as well. Very nice work. It's nice to learn more about you with the tag info you shared. And your picture is great, nothing wrong with that. I can tell you are on a roll with your new blog. You Go Girl!

Holly said...

Thanks, Gin! Ha-ha! Yup, I'm a go- go girl! I've been up since 4:00 (but I am a go to bed early girl.) I doubt I'll continue to post at this fast of a rate but ya never know!

Since I'm still recuperating from this long illness, I thought it would be a good time to set this blog up. I was originally planning to wait until Winter...

Have a great, great day!

Somewhere In Time- Christie (Queenie) said...

Good Morning Holly!
That card you made is precious...you are so talented...and beautiful too. Your friend is gonna love it!
xoxo,
Queenie

Holly said...

Gasp! Someone said I'm talented!!! Ha-ha! That made my day. Thanks, girl!

Oh, and Priscila already got the card and posted about it on HER blog. If you haven't been there, you should go check it out. She finds the best web sites and blogs and she gives us the links. Plus she shows us her super cute creations.

It's so much fun having you come over, Queenie!

Priscila said...

for reals!!! Get over it girl! U are so cute !I dont care about ur shirt! haha and the shirt is cute

Holly said...

Thanks, Pri!

That shirt was one of those that I liked on the rack but not on me. I look better in darker colors but I LOVE pastels so we have this little love hate relationship going on!

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

You are so CUTE! I love the card you did for Priscila! You did such a great job. The elves are adorable :)

Hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

Thanks, Amy! It builds my confidence to try new things plus it's just so much fun to have girls to share my creations with!

Bobby and I are about to watch It's A Wonderful Life!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Holly! What an incredible card you made!! I just made my first for a round robin group swap I'm in but can't show it yet as they don't mail out to everyone til Dec. 7th. Yours is adorable.

I will visit this blog often as I love the same things you do!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Holly said...

Hi, TX Stephanie!

I do not know what a round robin group swap is... Hmmm... I'll have to find out!

Thanks for coming by!

~ Hearts ~

Bride2Be said...

Thanks! I got that magazine from your previous post too; I thought the cover was sweet! Cute blog; might have to steal that gingerbread button from your sidebar! lol:) (that is if you don't mind?)

Nice chatting with you!
~Noelle

Holly said...

Hi, Noelle!

Hey... Holly and Noelle...
We'd make a good Christmas act!
:>
I got the gingerbread people off of google images. I still don't quite understand what we're allowed to copy off the Internet and what we shouldn't... but yeah, I don't care if you have them!

I'll post about your give away here if I can figure out how!
Hee-hee!

Hope you come by my porch again, Noelle!