Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kitchen Peeks

Want another peek at my vintage kitchen? This is how I decorate the small farm style table I have in here. The table runner was a house warming present that served as the inspiration for my whole kitchen. I love it! It's so cheerful and vintage looking.

The rolling pin there in the back, belonged to my mother. It provides me with continual inspiration in all areas of life! That's a bracelet around the lamp.

:>

See where I hung Priscila's Santa pendant?
One of these days, I'm going to clean the soot off of that shade and embellish it.
(Because of the wood stove in the kitchen, everything tends to get a bit sooty in the Winter.)
The rock/brick wall that you see here, used to be several shades of brown.
It gave my already sunless kitchen a horrible cave like feeling. Ugg!
My sweetie painted it stark white for me last fall.
I like it muuuuuuch better!
Thanks for coming by, girls!
I'll be giving you more kitchen peeks in the future.

11 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a pretty 'vingette'. I love that you use your mother's rolling pin. I love that brick wall too. I like those natural elements in a kitchen. When I first seen our house the stove was surrounded by natural rock. I fell in love immediately and knew this was the house I wanted. Bet your glad you get to stay home today! Twyla

Holly said...

Hi, Twyla! Ha-ha, I just finished sending you an email. :> I'm always so happy to see you pop in here for my morning coffee break.

I must confess that this house was NOT love at first sight but the yard was! I love my yard, fence and porches but the house needs quite a bit of TLC.

I knew this would be a dark little house and it's even more dark than I imagined it would be. :< But, I make do because I wouldn't want to part with my porches either and I DON"T want to move again!

Hopefully we will put a sky light in the kitchen this year. I really don't care for the modern look of a sky light but I do love LIGHT!

~ Hearts ~

Priscila said...

the santa pendant is cute...where you get it...hahaha! Im going to start getting ready to take C to preschool...its so much work getting things going this morning! UH

Holly said...

Now the person who made the Santa can see where I eat breakfast in the morning! ;> I'm about to go to the movie store to get a movie for our movie date!

Priscila said...

oh a movie date...get some popcorn and help me finish the popcorn garland...haha those things get old fast

Somewhere In Time- Christie (Queenie) said...

The vintage fabric is so pretty and cheerful....there is just something about vintage linens that says "home" don't they?! The rolling pin that was your mother's looks perfect there too...so sweet. I bet painting the wall made a huge difference in your kitchen....What a sweet little santa decoration too! I will be looking forward to seeing more of your kitchen!
xoxo,
Queenie
xoxo,
Queenie

clare said...

Hi Holly I came across your blog through Priscillas as we are in the challenge together . Nice to meet you .
Clare's Craftroom

Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

i love this little set up in your kitchen. what a cute idea using the rolling pin to decorate. and the santa is sweet hanging on your wall! ;o)

Holly said...

Hi, Priscila, Christie, Clare and Jessica! I'm "back" from my movie at home date. :> Bobby picked this time:

The Count Of Monte Christo

Whew! I think my blood pressure must have gone up! It was fun, though!

Thanks for coming by- especially you, Clare- a first time visitor! Good to meet you, too!

~ Hearts ~

Jenny S said...

I think I have the towel that goes with that table cloth!! Love the rolling pin and the Santa banner!! Too fun!

Holly said...

Hi, Jenny!

The table cloth is actually just a large linen like towel. It's very thick and crisp. There was another towel that came with it and it was a yellow plaid. I saw on Etsy that someone had taken those 2 linens and made Christmas stockings out of them! It was fun to see my yellow towels on Etsy!