Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Light, Life, Joy And Love In My Kitchen

Hey there, girlfriends! Light, life, joy and love! These are my favorite words! They hang out in my kitchen with me to remind me of all that I've been given by my Lord! The words were cut out from flower catalogs and magazines. Our coffee canisters are from the Goodwill (of course!) and I cut out flower pics from a calendar and glued them on. The walls in here used to be brown paneling. I'm so glad they're white now! I tried to keep red and yellow the main colors in my words but it was hard to find enough red and yellow flowers. All the words except LIGHT hang at the top of the wall like a border. I've done something similar in other houses I've lived in, too.

He gives me joy that's unspeakable! And I like it! And I like it! :>
(Newsboys)

The framed calendar pic below matches one of my canisters. Some day over the rainbow, the frame will be painted. It also sort of matches my table runner in a post past.
Much love to all of you! Thanks for coming by!

18 comments:

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Fabulous words to see and live by each day...I love that you have them in your kitchen....your kitchen looks so cozy....
Happy Holidays...
Mo :-)

Holly said...

Good morning, Mo!

Thanks for coming by!

I do have a cozy country kitchen. With a wood stove- why fight it? ;> My dinning room and craft room are a bit more shabby/cottage/girly style. :>

~ Hearts ~

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I absolutely LOVE your idea of the words cut from magazines! They look SO great on your walls! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea someday. You are a clever girl. Twyla

Holly said...

Steal away, Twyla! :> Like I said, I've done this in several homes and I "stole" the idea from people in PA. where this is very common. I could sit and trace letters and cut them out all day! It's very relaxing!

Bride2Be said...

love that red checker placemat!! i love plaid and floral together, its so country! country chic maybe!! tehehe! i have been pondering a new makeover for my living room and i can't wait to pull it off:)

why do we have to live so far apart? we could have so much fun goodwill-ing together!! lol

i'm off to break up two boys that can't stop fighting today!! UGH!!

noelle*

Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

That's such a great idea! You are bursting with inspiration. :) I sent out your tags yesterday, so hopefully you get them soon. xoxo

gin said...

Those words look so good. Such a cute idea.

Holly said...

Hi, Noelle!
Country Chic... yeah maybe... A designer would be hard pressed to define my home!

Hope you were able to break up the fight! My boys fought like wild dogs until they were teens. Ha-ha! I hated it- would cry over it and read all kinds of stupid books. Ha-ha! My boys are all so CLOSE now and they talk and talk of those good ole fighting days!

Holly said...

Hi, Jessica girl!
So, I'm "bursting with inspiration!" :> You've just inspired mE! Hee-hee!

Oooh, I can't wait to get my tags! Thanks!

~ Hugs ~

Holly said...

Thanks, Gin!

Did you read my De Ja Vu comment?

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Very cute Holly!

I actually saw that post on Cheryl's site last night and loved it! Especially the bunny :) Thank you for thinking of me sweetie :)

Love ya,
Amy

Holly said...

You're welcome, Amy! I hope your Spring comes early!

~ Hearts ~

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Hi Holly,
Love the bew blog!!! its fabulous..
Happy New Year!
JO-Anne

Holly said...

Thanks for coming by, Jo-Anne! Fabulous? That's sweet! :>

Shabby Kim said...

Holly,

Love your blog and I am so glad you have visited mine. Looks like we have very similar tastes when it comes to the vintage/shabby chic style. I am drooling with envy over that box of gorgeous linens you posted pictures of a few days ago. What a fantastic gift for you to have received. Take care and Happy New Year!!

Jessica said...

Darling kitchen Holly & I love the words that inspire you daily. Great idea! I'm so glad you came by! Please come by anytime and I'll visit you again real soon!

Have a safe & happy New Year!

Hugs~ J

Holly said...

Hi, Shabby Kim! Thanks for coming by. I hope you never change your blog header because it makes me feel so happy when I see it!

~ Smiles ~

Holly said...

Hi Jessica- the woman who loves her life! :> You are so sweet. I'll be sure and visit you again!