Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Christmas Art Challenge

I've participated in my first art challenge! It was a lot of fun and it WAS a challenge! :> Priscila of Casa Bella Chic hosted it and she provided us with a few of her vintage card images to choose from. I love vintage girl cards! We could create any type of creation we cared to, using as many of the images as we wanted. I changed my mind several times but I decided to make this collage using 2 of the cards. This is one of those times that I really wish I knew how to take better photos because this really is so much cuter in real life. The doily details just don't show up here. The scrabble letters look much more glittery than the pic reveals, too. The sugar cube under the word "sugar" really looks like a little sugar cube in real life! Micah made it for me out of clay and I glittered it! He was so happy to have helped.

I'm off to go grocery shopping in the rain! Talk to you all later.

~ Happy hearts ~

15 comments:

Bride2Be said...

it is very cute! you girls are so creative; wish i was:)

~noelle

Somewhere In Time- Christie (Queenie) said...

Oh Holly....this is darling!
xoxo,
Queenie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, this turned out so cute! All the elements you put in created such a cute collage. I love the image you chose. You'll have a treasure to cherish for years. Twyla

Holly said...

Oh but you are creative, Noelle! The way you decorate is adorable AND creative! AND it looks like you and your family are really creative dancers, too!

~ WINK ~ GRIN ~

Holly said...

Thanks, Christie and Twyla! I tried really hard to only use supplies I had on hand so it was really neat that Micah made the "sugar cube" for me. I worked and worked to try to make a perfect little cube and he just cut it up- lickey plit! He was just beaming!

Thanks for coming by girls!

Cheryl said...

That is so cute! I love it!

Holly said...

Thanks, Cheryl! So good to see you! I know you're enjoying your break but I'll be glad when you start creating again.

~ hearts ~

Bride2Be said...

hey girl!! I DID IT!!! I got a C!!!!
Thanks for your support:)

Noelle :)

Holly said...

Woo- hoo! Way to go, Noelle! You definitely need to celebrate!

~ Big high five/ hugs ~

Priscila said...

its perfect!!! Im loving it...are u going to keep it??? You should...its sooooooooooooooooo cute

Holly said...

There you are, Priscila! I miss you! Yes, I'll keep it as a memento of the year I met you and started up this blog. :>

~ Hugs ~

Sweetina said...

Gosh is it raining everywhere? Here too for 3 days!
Holly I LOVE your collage for the Challenge! It is so so Sweet!
You are a talented and awesome Girl!
I need to start my challege project too. Have no idea what I'm making!
So sweet that Micah heped you with your collage. Big Hug!
The Simply Shabby Chic shower curtain would cost about an arm and a leg at Target!
Lucky find! And the pillowcase it beautiful!
Heartsx
Tina

Holly said...

Thank you so much for the compliment, Tina! You've been a real inspiration to me.

~ Hugs ~

Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

oh Holly this is so cute. it makes me want to create a collage using some of priscila's images. i love the sugar cube made from clay! i will have to post my stuff on flickr soon! i've been meaning to; it the getting around to it that's the tricky part!! lol. hope you've been keeping warm in the cold weather. :) hugs.

Holly said...

Hi, Jessica! Priscila put her challenge up on Flickr today, so I'm not so all alone over there anymore. But yeah, put yours up too. It will only take a minute! I'm glad you like my sugar cube! It's just the perfect size.

~ Hearts ~