Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, January 19, 2009

Highlight An Artist!




Ta-da! :> Happy Monday, girls! It's Highlight An Artist Time! Or in this case it's two artists.

Please let me introduce, mother and daughter team, Twyla and Lindsey !
Clap-clap-clap-clap! :>

Twyla and Lindsey have two sweet, online shops featuring knitted, crocheted and paper crafted items. In this post I'll be spotlighting their Fancy That Shoppe located at Etsy.http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5993542 Unless they've already been sold, the items above (which I added at the last minute) and following items can be found there.

Isn't this scarf just soooo pretty! Twyla crocheted it! I love the flower. (And their dress form, too!!) Twyla makes these scraves in all sorts of different color combinations and every one of them is just so beautiful.


Twyla also knits house shoes. I have a pair just like the ones bellow and they are so soft, cute and warm! I live in them! I would much rather buy something hand made with love, skill and beauty than something made by a factory!

Here's what Twyla said about her crafts in our little "unofficial" interview.

Holly: I know you started knitting at a young age, Twyla. what age was that and how does knitting make you feel? Relaxed? Happy? Can you give a word or even more than one?

Twyla: I started knitting when I was 11. The first thing I learned to make were the house shoes. I love to knit and it soothes me. Crochet is like my soul at play and knitting is my soul at peace. I can't imagine life without either.
*******************
Doesn't Twyla have a way with words!? I think she should write more often, don't you?
Here's another pair of Twyla's house shoes. They come in all sorts of colors or you can custom order a pair!

Lindsey makes the cutest, quality tags! I own some and wish I could buy them all!
(Uh-oh, I think I'm becoming addicted to tags!!)
Look at these little girls!


Lindsey had this to say about working with paper.


Holly: Lindsey, would you say that you LOVE to make tags? What could I say about how working with paper crafts make you feel?

Lindsey: I really do love to make tags! I didn't want to make tags for a long time because there are so many out there I figured mine would just get lost. But then I started making them and loved doing it so much that it's all I want to do! I love paper crafting so much! Paper crafting makes me so happy! There are just so many endless possibilities for ways to use it!
***********************************************
Look at all those exclamation points! That's my kind of girl! :> I understand, Lindsey. My crafts make me just as happy!


Hello Kitty! These look so sweet!



Lindsey is a vintage Barbie collector so we have to have some Barbie tags-right?!



Love this out fit below!


Well, Girls, thanks for coming by! In my next post, I'll show you some of the items from Twyla and Lindsey's Lolishop! If you haven't been to Lolishops yet, you just have to go!
~ Hearts ~

24 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yeah!! I love Twlya and Lindsey--and we have a couple pairs of those wonderful house shoes over here at our house! Love the interview, and yes, Twyla does have a way with words and love those tags Lindsey!
Smiles, Karen

Holly said...

Ah-ha! Another satisfied customer -and friend! Thanks for coming by, karen!

Queenie~ said...

Very talented ladies....clap, clap clap...those tags would make wonderful bookmarks too...
Loved the interview Holly...great post!

Queenie~ said...

Hey Holly,
I'm back...girl, I just went and bought some of those cute tags, I'm going to use them for bookmarks...I bought the one's with the lady in the dainty floral dress....they are adorable...thanks for featuring them...or I might not have known about these....have a great day...

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The post looks so great, Holly! Thank you so much! We already made a sale! Thank you Queenie! Thank you Mrs. Kwitty for your sweet words! I appreciate your thoughfulness, Holly. Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Holly said...

Good deal, Queenie! I know you'll be impressed with Lindsey's work!

Holly said...

Thank you and you're welcome Twyla!

gin said...

Nice items you are showing. I must go there today and visit Twlya and Lindsey's shops.

Karen said...

Hi Holly,
What a nice post. I love Twlya and Lindsey...they has such a lovely blog. That scraf is so pretty and I love the tags, very cute!!!
Hope you are doing well Holly.
TTYS
xx

Holly said...

Hi, Karen! I have a bit of a cold or some such thing but I'm doing wel1! I keep hoping over to your blog to see if you post anything new! :>

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It was very sweet of you to leave this blog up again today. Lindsey forgot to 'link' you and Sherry last night when I did my post. I will have her do it as soon as she wakes up! Hope you are feeling better today! Take care! Twyla

*Noelle* said...

Hi sweets! Where are you this morning????? I hope you are feeling better?!?

I'll check in later- I'm off to class, boogers and all!! (LOL)

Noelle*

Holly said...

Mornin', girls! I'm not feeling so great but I'm well enough to craft and write so all is not lost! :>

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sweetie, thank you so much for singing happy birthday to me! What a beautiful voice you have :)

You and Kelly should duet more often!!

Love ya,
Amy

Holly said...

:> :> :> :> Amy!

Queenie~ said...

Hey Holly!
I'll let you know the minute the package arrives...you are so sweet girl...I am so looking forward to recieving what you made...Hope you have a great day...and that you continue to get to feeling better...
xoxo,
Queenie

gin said...

I have commented here twice but it must get lost somewhere. I said "I will go check out their shops." and I did. Some really pretty things they have. Where are you today?

gin said...

Yes, Friend. Pass the award on to 8 friends.

Jenny S said...

We are having so much fun!!

Holly said...

Hi, Gin! i thought I saw your comment... I am sick though and kind of foggy headed. I might not have published one...

celestina marie said...

Hi Holly, Wonderful highlight of artists. I love their creations and those slippers remind me of my grandma's slippers. The tags are darling.
Thank you for sharing and introducing these two talented girls.

Thanks for stopping by. Always great to see you.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Holly said...

You're welcome Celeste! Good to see you, too!

Pearl said...

Oh Holly, this was such a sweet post to do for Twyla and Lindsey... I ♥ their blog and think they're both such kind souls and awesome crafters! Since my health keeps me house-bound most of the time, I can really "go through" some socks 'n slippers... years ago I had a pair of slippers like Twyla makes, but they're long gone, now... I remember them being soooo comfy and warm and pretty! They're on my "Wish~List"!!

Sure do hope you're feeling better... Do take special care... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Lori said...

Oh yes, great tags!!!! Lori