Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bridge Card From Jenny

Look at this totally sweet little vintage valentine that Jenny from The Red Bulletin board gave me! It's actually a bridge scoring card. Sorry it's so bright. It wasn't a good camera day! When I think of the game of Bridge, I think of June Cleaver! Seems like she had a Bridge club... That's the era that comes to my mind, anyway.


When you play bridge, you have to have a little score card. What a great keepsake! Let's put on our pearls and go play, shall we?

Here's the inside of the card. I Don't know if you can read it. I looked up the rules of the game through Google and I was going to post them here but just reading them made me want to cry! Ha-ha! I'll stick to Uno.

Thanks for coming over, girls! And Thanks again for the card, Jenny!
~ ♥ ♥ ~

11 comments:

Jenny S said...

You are welcome!! I am just glad someone besides me likes fun old cards like that!! Happy Saturday!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I've never played Bridge in my life, but that adorable little card makes me want to try! I'm sure the directions would be over my head. I do like simple games. It was very nice of her to send it to you. Hope your day is a great one! Twyla

Katie said...

What an adorable bridge card, great that such a little thing was made to be beautiful.

*Noelle* said...

hi hun! i think my grandma used to go to her little card parties with friends and play bridge:) i am horrible at playing cards; can't remember the rules, lol! that card was really cute ♥ i also loved the white pitcher on the shelf next to it!!

its actually warming up here today- hurray!!

♥ noelle

Holly said...

Hi, girls! Hope you're all having a happy Saturday! It feels like Spring here and I'm busy as a bee! ♥

gin said...

I guess the "bridge club" of today is our "blog club". I'll take blogging over bridge anyday. I don't know anything about bridge either!!

Holly said...

Ha-ha! Yeah, Gin... and we can "blog club" in our jammies! ☺

Just Between Us Girls said...

OOh darling. Love the card. You would love the old bridge cards...I buy them and save them and look at them from time to time...they are wonderful like the one your friend sent you. OOOh come make a visit to my blog. I would love that.
Happy days,
Pat

Holly said...

Hi, Pat! Thanks for coming by! ♥

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Dont you just love those vintage bridge cards? I just bought some of those on Etsy last month. They have cottages and roses on them. So perfect for little projects.

Hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

I'd love to see pics of your bridge cards, Amy!