Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, February 6, 2009

Clean Craft Room And The Be Mean Game!

Ta-da! Clean craft tables! There's not even any kitties on there! (Although they do love to climb those blue lace panels!) And- clean craft *room*! You can actually see the floor! You can also see that I store things *under* the tables!


My sweet husband is *very good* about bringing me home boxes and bubble wrap and I'm *very bad* about letting them pile up in the craft room! But no more! Out they go to storage from now on so I can actually USE my craft room. What a concept.
************************************************************

Well, girls, Lindsey really caught the glitteriness of the pink rag wreath I showed you yesterday. You can go here to see it!

*************************************************

And if you haven't already, be sure to enter our give away here.

**********************************************

And now, I just have to tell you all how much I enjoy my little boy. Sure, I would have loved to have a girl but boys are so much fun! A sense of humor is essential to enjoying them, though! Last night, we played, "Do Something Mean To Me". Sound like a boy's game? Micah made it up and sometimes I just can't get into it but last night, I was on a roll! It goes like this:

Micah will walk up to me and say, "Come on, Mom! Do something mean to me!" And then he'll get ready to dodge me while I try to catch him. That's when I have to have a sense of humour and a bit of villainy! AKA "think like a boy". ☺ So last night I did the following and more:

wrenched his nose 3 Stooges style-and hard! sprayed perfume on him, tickle tortured him, made him look in the mirror while trying to keep one of my pretty hats on him while I said, "Look at pretty Micah!" wiped his face with a dirty dish rag, made him my "pretty pony" but lead him to the toilet to get his drink ( but of course I didn't make him!) made him hit himself, made the pretty pony "eat" apple peelings, Ha-ha-ha-ha! All this is with much chasing and laughter! I would say, "Heeeeere pretty little pony or heeeere pretty little Micah...." And he would laugh in fear of what I'd do next and try to hide from me. So, anyway, that's how you make memories with preteen boys. Such things really impress them!

~ ♥ ♥ ~

Have a great day girlfriends!

16 comments:

*Noelle* said...

lol... boys are their own species!! that sounds like a game gavin would enjoy playing!

nice craft room; can you come do that to my "area"??

so today is the "day"!!! can't wait to see the expression on that one's face:)

ttyl:)

noelle ♥

Holly said...

I can't wait either, Noelle! Be sure and let me know when I can breathe!

gin said...

Yeh, boys will be boys. I had a little fun with our 2 boys too. But with 1 daughter in the middle - she was mean enough to them for the both of us!!

Holly said...

I know I sure was mean to my brothers, Gin! I had wished for a little brother but only had big ones! ♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I envy your clean craft room. Ours is too messy to clean. Remind me never to play 'do something mean to me' with you, you're mean:) Twyla

Katie said...

Wow, your craft room is so neat and tidy! I wish mine looked like that even if it were just for a second or two!

Holly said...

Morning Twyla and Katie! I'm packing a box and making a card for the grands this morning so... No more clear craft table!

Yeah, Twyla, you better watch out, I might spray Brute on you and make you say, "I'm a stinky guy." Ha-ha!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I just knew it! I hate Brute! Just wanted to say, I'm glad to see your hearts again and I noticed they're like Our hearts! Twyla

Holly said...

☺ ♥ ☺

Yeah, Twyla, my other hearts (like Pearls) quit working :< so I followed your example and used your source. ;> I'm a copy cat.

My package still didn't come today. :< Boo-hoo!

Lori said...

The Princess is in the HOUSE!!! First off, thank you, thank you, (sniffle-sniffle)!How very sweet of you girls of my royal court! I therefore proclaim we all go spend Saturday shopping, well wish we could, "And all Together!" The crown is so beautiful I want to wear it always! Hey everyone thinks I'm so mean, now they can think I'm just bonkers!! Oh, Holly, since you've done your craft room so neatly, the princess would like you to figure out how to organize mine! Thank you again, tonite when I hit my pillow, this will really hit me that you guys are so kind and loving! I wish i could give you a real hug! Love,Lori

Lori said...

Oh darn, wish I had heard of that game, with three sons we would have loved it! When Gage is bigger we'll have to see if they are brave enough to play. Love,Lori

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
WHat is a clean craft room??? Thanks for showing me yours..now I have an idea!!! That's my project down the road..to have my craftroom finished...that's another story.
LOVE, Love the Valentine valance you made for Lindsey. SO pretty and also the poodle wreath. You are so creative!!!
Cute game you played with your son.
Happy Weekend.
Warmly,
Deb

Holly said...

Hey Pink princess! You are so welcome and I hope you can go shopping soon! ♥

Holly said...

Thanks, Deb! Ya know, whenever someone says something positive about me, I'm like, "really????" So, yeah, thanks! ☺

Queenie~ said...

Oh Holly...lol, it sounds like you and Micah had so much fun playing...I can just imagine the fun you two had...boys are so much fun....my boys are 18 and 12 now...but we still know how to laugh and have a great time...the time sure goes by too too fast. I always say that God knew what he was doing when he gave me boys...it's been a wonderful journey!
Your craft room looks so neat and pretty....lucky you to have a craft room to do all of your beautiful creations...Hope you have a great weekend....
Oh one more thing...to answer your question about the birdhouse...I used "Duro" Brand All-purpose spray adhesive to put the fabric on the back of the birdhouse....it was really easy.
big hug,
Queenie~

Holly said...

Hi, Queenie! Yeah, my DIL says she doesn't understand how I managed to keep being such a girl when I get so into playing with my boys! Well, I don't understand either! But yes, God knows what He's doing when He gives us all boys!

Okay, spray adhesive... There's so many crafty things that I've never heard of or used! I'll have to try that. I have a large bird house that I'm wanting to make over. It was already made over once but it's time again!