Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, March 23, 2009

Friendship Package From Tina



I've been so blessed in my friendship among the blog sisterhood! My giving and talented friend, Tina contributed to my recent spoiling (pampering? blessing?) by sending me a friendship package last week! Here it is all wrapped up! It was soft but I didn't have a clue what it could be!
Look at this wonderful sampler! Isn't it sweet? Tina said that it's frame retired and she knew it was time to send the sampler to a new home sweet home. I told Tina that it was timely because I was feeling just a bit home sick for my child hood home of Washington state. It was a good reminder of where home *really* is.


Tina also sent along a sweet "lady" tag she made, some vintage lady cards, some trims, and a small dresser scarf/doily! The polka dot trim inspired me along in a secret swap project I've been working on. (Hint-hint to Miss Noelle.) Thanks again, Tina for blessing me and inspiring me in my creating! ♥


If you stopped by yesterday and I didn't reply back to you, it's because I had a fun and busy day! I did some Spring decorating, planted some Pansies, crafted, did all my usual work of cooking, cleaning and homeschooling and then I also had a girlfriend over in the late after noon! We visited on the sunny porch a while and then we tried to play Badminton. It was too windy for Badminton so instead, we went on a little hike up to the Holly tree farm behind us. It was fun. This is a good of year to hike because the gnats aren't out yet.
I hope to finish Spring decorating today so I can show you pics of what I did! I also plan on planting more Pansies. They really want out of their little pots!
Have a great day, girlfriends! ♥

13 comments:

*Noelle* said...

sounds like you had a fun day yesterday! good:) hmmmm... polka dot trim? i CANNOT wait for this package to arrive! oh, i do so wish we lived closer, we'd have so much fun together and i think gavin would love micah!! sure you don't want to move to indiana? lol

hugs,
noelle ♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a lovely sampler. Blog friends are so special and thoughtful. I'm glad you had such a fun day yesterday. You were busy! You must have lots of pansies by now. I bet your yard is so cheerful and pretty. Have a good day! Twyla

Holly said...

Good morning, Noelle! I know we would have fun and Micah and Gavin would, too! Even though Micah doesn't want to play with other kids too often, he is very easy to get along with and always thouroughly enjoys his play times! Most kids are just too busy with sports and clubs to just plain PLAY anymore. All Micah wants is someone to run and climb trees with!

And yeah, I'm sure I don't want to move to Indiana. ☺ I don't even want to move to Idaho. Maybe in a couple years...

Holly said...

Mornin' Twyla! Care for some strong, sweet coffee? ☺

I still have lots of Pansies to plant. I took it slow yesterday and only planted about 10 of them. I didn't want to be all tired out when my girl friend showed up! I planted some of them outside my computer room window so I can see them every morning! I had to cover them up last night because it froze. They can take the frost when they are establishen but not when they are freshly planted.

You have a good day, too. e mail me sometime! ♥

Jenny S said...

I have GOT to get my easter stuff down!! I have some cuties!!

LBP said...

Sounds like a great weekend for sure! It was so pretty I worked in the yard most of the weekend. Hooray for Spring!

BTW- Love all you goodies!

Linda

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

What a cute sampler, and so are the other goodies that your friend sent to you!
Sounds like you had a great day getting those hands dirty...Glad you got some of your pansy's planted. I know how much you are going to enjoy them. Hmmm a hike sounds wonderful too. hope you have a great week!
Big hugs,
Queenie~

Holly said...

Hi, Linda and Queenie! I just came in from planting more pansies! ♥

Katie said...

You are one lucky duck, what a great friend to have!

Sweetina said...

How sweet of you to post about the package!And I am so glad you were able to plant your pansies! My little Spring flowers are growing a bit and i am itching to plant some more. Been real windy these last few days out West.
Hus to ya!
Tina

Pearl said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice visit with your girlfriend... and wonderful weather, too! I know you're enjoying getting those pretty pansies planted...

The Sampler you got is one of the most Beautiful ones I've seen in awhile... excellent needlework! Such a blessing that it is now yours to treasure ♥

Hope you have a Fun day!
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Holly said...

Katie, Yeah, I am one lucky duck! Tina is so sweet! ♥

Tina,Did you know you made me a lucky duck? ☺ I still have my Johny jump ups left to plant and then I hope to go buy more! It's perfect yard work weather and I'm trying so hard to be careful and not hurt myself! ♥

Pearl, I sure do enjoy your hugs, blessings and prayers! ♥

Pearl said...

Awwwww...

I ♥ love giving them to you, Sweetie!

God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl