Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm A Flower Girl!


Happy Friday, girls! I hope it's warming up where you live. It sure is here!

Do you know, I didn't plant a single flower until I was 30 years old? Here's a scanned pic of me at that age playing with my favorite flower- the Pansy. This is my husband's favorite picture of me! He says it's because I look so happy. Each Fall, I pot up several of my flowering plants and bring them in for the Winter. I just can't bear to leave them out for the frost! This computer room is the sunniest room in the house so I put them in here. By the end of Winter I'm lucky if I have a few blooms left. Like these right here. Not much color but it's a little bit! Hang in there sweeties! You'll get to go back outside soon!


My flowers are my girls and Micah thinks it's so funny that I talk to them! I'm so glad I have you girls to talk to as well. One day Micah said to me concerning this blog, "So this is like your game, huh, mom." ☺

I'm getting my hair trimmed this morning and then Micah is having a friend over today for an all day play day! He's so excited and so am I because it will sort of be like a day off for me, too! I plan on CLEANING and possibly crafting, too!

Hope you all have a happy and productive day!

~ ♥ ♥ ~

13 comments:

*Noelle* said...

hi! i cannot wait to plant flowers this year! i think i am going to try to get a couple hydrangea bushes going on my yard! don't know how they'll grow; we have a huge maple tree in our front yard with even BIGGER roots that seem to suck the life out of anything i plant in the front:(

i'd love to keep some plants in the house year round. do your cats try to eat them? i am afraid mine would!

have fun crafting and cleaning today!! tomorrow is my crop day here so i hope to get some scrapbooking done. i am going to try to work on something for our "scrapbook sunday" too. maybe a banner/icon that gals can add to their blogs; what do you think??

♥ you too girlfriend!!
noelle:)

Holly said...

Good morning, Noelle!

I can't! Never thought about my maple tree being the culprit! Ha-ha! I'm not the sharpest shovel in the shed. ☺ I have to just have flower pots out front.

My cats don't eat my plants but they do attack and climb them occasionally!

Hope you have a fun crop! I suspect I'll do some serious scrapping this Summer! A scrap book badge sounds great!

Well, I'm off for my hike and then hit the shower!

~ ♥ ♥ ~

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, Holly, you look so pretty with your plants. I have such a brown thumb. I love to look at flowers and go to the flower dept. and pick out things in the spring and by mid summer they're dead. We are having quite a warm up here, supposed to get to 78! Way warmer than normal. I hope your day is super and you have some great time to yourself! Twyla

Holly said...

Good morning Twyla! Hope you're feeling better and that your thumb will turn green this year! I'm off to my hair appointment! ♥

Jenny S said...

Yup!! Kyle is spending the night with Nannie tonight, so I get to craft and play and sleep!!! Woohoo!! And maybe spend some alone time with my hubby but thats after crafting!! hehehe!!

Holly said...

Hi, Jenny! Time alone with hubby... THAT would be a dream come true for me! ♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
The snow is melting and then that leaves the backyard into a huge puddle of water that the dogs get into and that leads to dirty paws. I need warm weather and NO SNOW...
Have a great weekend. It's fun to have some time to yourself...enjoy.
Warmly,
Deb

Holly said...

Hi, Deb! I didn't do any crafting today but I sure did clean up a storm! I LOVE a clean house! ♥

*Noelle* said...

hey chick! i put up a post and our button for scrapbook sunday! come on over and copy it:)

hugs,
noelle

Melly said...

Pansies are such a happy flower and the colors in them are so vibrant.

I can see why your husband loves that pic of you cause your so radiant and beautiful.

Happy planting and have a super weekend!

Melly:)

Holly said...

Thanks, Melly! You're sweet! ♥

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

This picture is sooo pretty of you....and girl, I love to work in the yard too, and plant flowers and watch them grow. Yep, it's been gorgeous weather here too, I'm glad our brief cold front left. I am so glad it's warmed up. Everything will be green again before we realize it, and yep with the green comes the nats and mosquitoes. LOL! But hey, that's okay! I know we are all looking forward to spring and summer! By the way, I like that fan....you've got it going on with that thing girlfriend! Have a great night!
Big hug,
Queenie~

Holly said...

Hi, Queenie! I'm waiting and waiting for the Pansies to show up at the green house!

My little paddle fan really helps keep the gnats off. For some reason they really like me. I'll be sitting there trying to talk to someone and they'll be flying in my eyes, mouth and nose! So, I might look silly with my fan but oh well! It's better than gnats up the nose!

The fan was just a cardboard political advertisement/fan that I got at the fair one year. I just covered it up with pretty contact paper and wa-la!