Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, April 27, 2009

Don't Look Sara! My Latest Wreath


DON'T LOOK SARA!!!!

This is my Daughter in law Sara's birthday present all wrapped up pretty with a tag and a card! No peeking Sara!
The wrapping is scrap fabric with a tulle bow. I decided I should use one of my Lindsey tags that Queenie gave me instead of just hoarding them! I think it goes well with this package. I also included a vintage lady card that Tina gave me. Down bellow is the wreath that's in the package! No peeking Sara!





Ta-da! I love how it turned out!

I used solid Pink cotton, Pink eyelet, White lace, tulle and a multi colored Sage, Cream, Burgundy and Pink patterned fabric.

I also added some vintage millinery flowers and some craft "pearls" that turned out looking like sequins in these pics no matter what I did! G-rrrr!

Recognize the multi colored fabric? I wrapped up the wreath with the leftovers which originally came from a Goodwill skirt. The solid Pink is from a GW dress and the Pink eyelet was from a GW blouse.

I am hoping to make a bright multi -colored one for my front porch. I haven't made one for myself yet!
**************************************
On another note: A couple weeks ago, someone gave me a couple- 3 (?) really cute award badges. I copied them to put in my side bar later but I plumb forgot who gave them to me! I might just place them in the side bar and say "thanks -whoever you are!" but if *you* gave them to me and you don't see them in my side bar, would you please help a young girl out and tell me who you are? Ha-ha!
***************************************
Oh my, we've been having such hot weather that I've been wishing we already had the pool up and the air conditioning units in! I've been spending a lot of time out side in the mornings- walking and doing yard work and then sitting in the hot sun for short intervals throughout the day. I can feel the sun's energizing power!
*****************************************
I'll be back tomorrow to show you my garage sale treasures but then I'll be cutting back on my posting a bit since I'm spending so much time outside!
Happy Spring, everybody!

18 comments:

Ulrika said...

Holly - what a pretty wreath! I love the colors and the "romantic" style. They look fun to make! We're finally getting some warmer weather here too and the grass is getting greener and greener..
Love,
Rika

Holly said...

Hi, Rika! ♥ You're my first visitor of the day! I love making the wreaths. But I have a hard time figuring out what to embellish them with!

*Noelle* said...

very pretty holly! i like that you used fabric from so many diff. things; very creative! have fun spending time outside! i found out that i got a B on my last math quiz, so maybe i'll do o.k. on the final tomorrow!?!

did you head over to my blog yet to see my challenge/give-away for mother's day???

hugs,
noelle

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, what a gorgeous wreath! I love how you utilized fabrics from GW clothes to make something so lovely. You have a great sense of colors. Sara is a lucky girl to receive this. I honestly think you could sell them. I hope you enjoy spending your time outside, but I will miss visiting with you everyday! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Holly said...

Good morning, Noelle! Glad you like the wreath. ♥

Hurray for the B! Good job! You just stay on your toes and I'm sure you'll do fine tomorrow!

Yes, I saw your great challenge/ give away! Very creative! I just haven't decided if I can enter it or not. I'm not feeling creative right now- a bit spent I guess and ready for a bit of a break.

Holly said...

Good morning, Twyla! ♥ I like up- cycling! I'm always keeping my eyes on the sheets at the GW now. It's a lot of fabric for the price. Sara chose the color scheme for the wreath but I do enjoy working with the colors. I'm glad you like the wreath and glad you think I could sell them. That's quite a compliment. ☺

Michele said...

Oh Holly ~ what a beautiful wreath! And I agree with Twyla that you definitely would sell them...they're just gorgeous! You're very talented and creative!

I wish our weather here would warm up some...it was 80 on Friday and then back to the 40's for the weekend...yuck!

Hugz,
Michele

Holly said...

Aw, thanks, Michele! ♥

Well, after having gotten up to 90 yesterday, I'm looking forward to feeling the 70s again! Oh fickle Spring!

Jenny S said...

Love it!!! Very pretty!! Can't wait to see the one you make for yourself!

Rebecca said...

Holly...this is a precious wreath! What a blessing your DIL must be to you...isn't the Lord wonderful?

Always love my visits. Inspiring and full of fun!

It's humid here in Oklahoma. Can't live without Air Conditioning here...no-sir-ree...can't do it! I'd be a whiney-pants all day long and all night long, too!

Blessings to you sweet girly girl...you are a joy!

xoRebecca

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, that wreath is ALMOST as pretty as mine!! :)
I love that you used one of my tags! It looks great!
Lindsey

Holly said...

Rebecca, YES! My DIL *is* a blessing to me! ♥ Our bedroom air conditioner goes in tonight! It's always the first one to go in.

Lindsey, You're a sweet ♥! Your tag goes well with the package and colors- doesn't it? ☺

LaurieStar said...

What a beautiful wreath, Holly! I love it. You really should do a bright colored one for your door - that would look so neat. I've never made one of those, but you have me interested now! :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,

Your DIL will just love the wreath you made for her:)
Thanks for visiting me.
I'm wishing for warmer weather and more sun shine!!
Deb :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your wreath is lovely and so feminine! Very chic and shabby ...I am looking forward to stopping back to see your garage sale finds!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Holly said...

Laurie, my house is so mono-tone Green that I thought a bright multi- colored wreath would really brighten it up! ♥

Deb, I hope you have warmer weather soon! It's been a weird Spring for all us North Americans! ♥

Carrie, Godd to see you Carrie and glad you like the wreath! Come back any time. ♥

Persuaded said...

you are so creative. the wreath is adorable, and the wrapping job is just plain *beautiful!*

Holly said...

Thanky, thanky, Diane! Good to see you! ♥