Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One of These Things Just Doesn't Belong



Remember that song from Sesame Street? ☺
These cutie pie pillows came from... that's right- the Goodwill! Not here but in Mitchell, South Dakota. That was a great big GW but I didn't get to go very often. The pillows appeared to be brand new when I bought them but after 4 years I decided I should wash one and see how it turned out. Oh my! They are pretty dirty! Can you tell which one was washed? Guess I need to wash the other ones now... But I don't mind. I love to play house!
******
After our little vacation, Bobby is back to his regular work schedule so this is my weekend. Once school is out, he'll be off of midnights and working a normal week with Sat. and Sun. off. It takes me most of the Summer to get used to that and then it's time to switch back to midnights with Wed. and Thu. off all over again. ☺
Hope you all have a wonderful day! ♥

12 comments:

Faye said...

I LOVE THE PILLOWS!YOU CAN WASH THE DIRTY ONE AND IT WILL LOOK LIKE NEW!HAVE A GREAT DAY, BLESSINGS, FAYE

Beth Niquette said...

Hahahaa...I remember that song, and yes, I can tell which one is washed. What a novel and humorous blog you have this morning! Thank you!

Holly said...

Faye, I love anything with embroidery one them. ♥

Beth, ... novel and humorous... Thank *you*! ♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Yep, I think you better wash those other pillows:) They are so pretty and I certainly see why you bought them. You just find great stuff at GW, don't you? Wish you could go more often. Hope you are having a wonderful day! Twyla

*Noelle* said...

that reminds me to shampoo my couch cushions thanks to 2 messy little boys!! the pillows are pretty:)

so are you...

noelle ♥

Holly said...

Hi, Twyla! I wish I could go to the GW more often, too! Well, I guess I could go more often but just not buy anything but what fun would that be??? Ha! ♥

Noelle, Micah's couch cushions are past shampooing. I'm afraid they would fall to pieces! We needs a new one! ♥

PEA said...

You do realize that now I'll have that song in my head the rest of the day???? lol Wow, isn't it amazing how we don't think something is dirty until we wash it? lol Such beautiful pillows, though, it always amazes me what people get rid of. But then, it's their loss and our gain:-) xoxo

Holly said...

Hi, PEA!

One of these things
Is not like the others
One of these things
Just doesn't belong"

Hee-hee!

Shabby Kim said...

Oh my goodness Holly.... Did you ever think your pillows were really that dirty before you washed just the one? It's amazing how we don't always realize how dirty something is until we see it against something clean. I'm so glad you are able to wash the pillows without damaging them. They are darling.

P.S. I have a close up shot of Mr. Ducky on my sidebar now instead of the full picture so you can see him better. He is awful sweet isn't he? I actually found him years ago in a specialty gift shop in the baby section. I think it was intended for use in a babies nursery, but I knew he would fit into my kitchen just perfectly.

Holly said...

Hi, Kim! I guess I forgot that my pillows originally had a white back ground instead of beige! Ha-ha! I really didn't think they looked bad but guessed they should be washed one of these days!

I'm so glad you brought Mr. Ducky back! Or is it Mr. chickie? ♥

Lori said...

Oh Holly brave and funny too! Hate to see what my sofa would look like!! Lori

Holly said...

Yeah, Lori, I guess that's what slip covers are for! ♥