Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

When Life Gives You Snow- Play In It!


Morning, girls! Happy Winter! Okay-I'll admit this was a couple of snows ago- not LAST NIGHT'S silly snow but if I didn't have a hurt back and a bad cold, I'd go out and play in the stuff- laugh at it and tell it that it can't ruin my Spring!!! So there!
(Although it might ruin all my new blossoms.)
Instead, I'll be busy helping my Bobby get ready for his Texas trip- arm chair coordinator, ya know?
Get the suitcases up from the basement, find your Summer clothes, pick the ones you want, here's the camera, don't forget to pack you inhaler, etc.

For any of you who are worried about me with Bobby going away, here's the deal:

Once a year Bobby and Micah go on a 3 day camping trip and I'm here all alone. It is the highlight of my year! ☺ It's the closest I've ever come to an actual RESTFUL vacation. So, it doesn't bother me to be alone. It's the being alone with children that I'm not good at. Micah automatically wants me to spend WAY more time with him than I normally would and he becomes sulky and miserable and misses his dad! It doesn't take me long to feel suffocated. It's not that I don't like spending time with Micah. I mean when you home school, YOU SPEND TIME TOGETHER! I'm a loner that's all. It's really quite amazing that I even home school... Anyway, we won't be doing school while Bobby is gone because Micah just can't think with his dad gone but I'm hoping he will handle it better this year and hey, maybe next year he can go WITH dad! Ha-ha!

I'm not making much headway on my new wreath because of my back but I have a lot of mental craft projects going on! They wake me up at night! Ha-ha! If only I could get paid for coming up with ideas...

Have a funny day, bloggy girls!

~ ♥ ♥ ~

18 comments:

Faye said...

STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT!LOVED YOUR BLOG!I WILL BE BACK!BLESSINGS, FAYE

Holly said...

Good morning, Faye! I look forward to visiting with you! ♥

Jenny S said...

Yup! The highlight of my weekend's are the time Kyle and Jason head to my in laws for the afternoon. I just get so excited when I have even 15 min to myself!!!

Holly said...

Hi, Jenny! I get time alone when Micah goes off to play but it's not the same as knowing you *won't* be interupted! ♥

Melinda said...

Hi Holly....
Thought I would stop by and answer your questions about the lamp and letter art.
Well, the letter is on a 8x10 canvas and I used acrylic paints.
I did not have a pattern or anything for the lamp. The fabric is eyelet blue and green. I just cut them to fit and put a pink ribbon between each fabric strip with a bow and rose at the end. I then painted the base pink with acrylic paint. I originally spray painted it white but didn't like it so it became pink :-)
Glad you like the lamp and letter art. I am working on the A today!
Seeya soon,
Melinda

Holly said...

Thanks, Melinda! ♥

Persuaded said...

well honey, you know ice is supposed to be very good for back problems. when my arthritis flares up i've been know to lay on top of bags of frozen veggies... your idea here looks so much more *fun!*

oh, and i cherish my times alone too♥

Holly said...

Thanks, Diane! I've been iceing my back twice a day. it helps a lot! It's almost better today. ♥

*Noelle* said...

hi! what did you do to your back? i wake up with back pain every day!! i don't know if its our bed, carrying 38 lb. gage around or if it really is the beginning of arthritis a chiropractor told me that i have? anyway, i feel your pain- its NO fun!

haha, i had to sneak off to the computer on Sunday for a few minutes peace! those boys were hyper!!! lol

micah must really love his momma a whole bunch!! i am always smothered by my boys; that is why i am playing hooky today from school, the boys are at grandma's, brian is working all day and i am home ALONE with the 2 cats!! time for laundry, dishes and what else? OH, QUIET!!!!

love ya,
noelle ♥

Holly said...

Hi, Noelle! I lifted something wrong. It was heavier than I expected so I wasn't prepared. But I've had a weak back ever since Micah was born. I used to go to the most wonderful lady chiropracter in Michigan and i went to her last time we visited there but I'm obviously past due for a visit!

Enjoy your time alone! ♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I understand, I like being alone too. Except maybe at night. I know you'll be fine and have fun. I hope your back is better so you can do lots of crafting. Have a great day! Twyla

Holly said...

Hi, Twyla! It doesn't bother me to be alone at night as long as I take every thought captive! ♥

Shabby Kim said...

Hi Holly,

Hope you are having a fabulous day despite your back pain and the snow. I feel so bad for you hearing that you've hurt your back. I've been in that position myself several times and know from experience just how painful it can be and how difficult it is to go about your daily tasks. Take it easy and feel better soon.

Holly said...

Thanks, Kim! I'm plumb wore out with pain but it *is* getting better.
♥ ♥ ♥

Pearl said...

Hi Holly... I sure do hope that your back gets better soon... I can totally relate to the pain... May your alone time be wonderful for you!
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Holly said...

Thanks, Pearl! ♥

Priscila said...

oh my gosh...its so hot here cant imagine it being cold anywhere else

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

I do hope your back gets better. I know you are wanting to do your craft projects...
honey, we had below freezing temps here Tuesday night and it burned all of the plants that were trying to come back out...some are black. They'll come back again though. It's crazy how we get that one last cold snap, just when everything starts coming back...it shouldn't surprise me, it does it every year almost! LOL!
Oh, one more thing...girl, I don't mind being at home alone from time to time myself. I am much too busy of a girl to get lonesome either...besides we're never really home alone, are we....we've got the Lord always by our side!

Big Hug,
Queenie~