Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bunny Sighting Saturday!


Surprise! I didn't have a different post ready for today so I bring you one more bunny sighting post! This is a ceramic bunny basket that I found on my first garage sailing trip this year!
Cute, Huh?

Katie, if you see this, I don't know if my vase is real milk glass. The Milk glass I've seen in shops, etc. seem to have larger bumps than my vase does.
**********************************
Yesterday evening, Micah happily reported that "the toad is back." (Oh, joy... I'm not too fond of toads but they like to hibernate in my flower beds.) When I got up early this morning I could here the crickets chirping. That's probably what brought Mr. Toad up- food!

We had a doozy of a thunder storm last night. (Doozy... That sounds like a word my Mom would have used!) We had lightning hit somewhere near the house- POP! CRACK! BOOM! Very exciting! Now I remember why we don't hike or camp more in the Spring. We have so many thunder storms here. Once the storms cease enough- it's too hot (for me) to hike or camp. Oh well, I'll have my pool! Speaking of thunder storms- I think I better get off of here!

Hope you all have a fun Saturday!

~ ♥ ♥ ~

14 comments:

Persuaded said...

i like your little basket very much.. and i see you still have that sweet embroidered table cloth on... and i still love it♥

enjoy those "thunder boomers" (what one of my girlies used to call them)

Mary said...

Cute basket! Thunder storms both thrill me and scare me, my grandfather used to tell us the thunder was the angels bowling!
Have a Happy Mothers Day! Mary

Holly said...

Good morning, Diane! Yes, I think that table cloth will be there for awhile!

I love thunder storms except for the fact that I have to unplug the computer! ♥

Holly said...

Well hello there, Mary! So glad you could come by! I'm off to check out your blog some more. ♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I awoke to tornado sirens yesterday morning. It was pretty scary for awhile, but all is well now. Mostly just damaged trees, which is sad enough. You surprised me with Bunny Sighting! Cute dish. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Twyla

Julie said...

Love your precious bunny basket! We
had some thunderstorms last night too. But, they quickly passed. Have a restful and blessed weekend..Julie

Ulrika said...

What a beautiful basket! And the kitten photos yesterday were adorable. Glad to hear Micah is fine.
Brad loves thunder storms too and I enjoy them for the most part but unfortunately we don't get so many here. Brad even has a website that tracks lightning in the area.
We're looking at a house in the country on Monday that we are hoping to buy but we'll see how it goes.
Love and blessings,
Rika

Holly said...

Hi, Girls! I just came in from playing porch hockey! Whew! Is it humid out there!

Twyla, although I like thunder storms, I DO NOT like tornadoes! ♥

Julie, seems like most of the USA had thunder storms last night! ♥

Rika, I hope the house will work out for you! Let me know more more about it if it does! ♥

*Noelle* said...

the basket is very cute! my mom knows a lot about milk glass; she collects it! she also uses the word "doozy" a lot too; lol!!

thunderstorms freak Gavin and I out!! he always wants to sleep in bed with us too:)

have a great day tomorrow, MOM!!

hugs,
noelle ♥

Holly said...

Hi, Noelle! I've been meaning to tell you that the book I'm reading right now has a Noelle as the main character. ☺ So every night when I read it, I'm reading, Noelle, Noelle, Noelle... I took some getting used to at first- as in -Okay, they aren't talking about *my* Noelle! ☺

Sorry thunderstoms freak you out! I've never been afraid of them so I think that's why my kids weren't either...

Hope you have a nice Mother's day, too! I'm looking forward to a day without cooking and hopefully some phone calls from my boys! ♥

Katie said...

Your basket is too cute, but it couldn't distract ER from those kitties you grew yesterday! She remembered how your blog looked and demanded kittens!

I don't know that much about milk glass, my friend bought it and then gave it to me. The person she bought it from said it was milk glass but who knows if it is or not! Really, it doesn't matter to me, I just enjoy it☺

Happy Mother's Day, hope it doesn't rain anymore!

Cottage Pink Perfection said...

I love your blog! Thanks for visiting mine today, and please share me with your friends! I will be sure to add you to my favorites.

Bless U!
Marie

*Noelle* said...

so what is this NOELLE in your book like?? cool as me?? lol!!!

Holly said...

Katie, I'm glad my blog is popular with ER! ♥

Marie, thanks for visiting! I'll give you a little shout in a post out next week! ♥

Noelle, the Noelle in my book is *SO* not as cool as you! ☺ She's got some real problems to work through- which of course *we* don't! Ha! ♥