Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, May 18, 2009

Lovin My Linens!

Well, girls, I've been working so hard on cleaning and organizing the house lately that it was time for me to have a little linen decorating reward! So here's more linens on the line for you linen lovers! Only 2 of these are true vintage but I loved the look of them hanging on the line so I thought they could be my opening pic! See the embroidered kitty from Juli at Christmas? I thought the colors might work best in my bright kitchen.

This bright table cloth was also from Juli. It's really thick and I'm wondering if it's bark cloth. Does anyone know?

I love the polka dots!

Sweet pinks on my Shabby Chic book case which serves as a china hutch! This one was also from Juli.

This one was a give away win from Candy.

Half cross stitch/embroidery from Juli.


My first vintage table cloth (at least I think it's vintage) which was found at the Goodwill. It's really thin and torn in a few places but I still love it. I have it on top of the wood cook stove now. The red bowl is my fruit bowl and the baskets hold vitamins.

Shelf on the wood cook stove. Isn't this the sweetest little cherry thing?



Dresser scarf on my dresser.

A close up of the embroidery. Such sweet colors! I had a hard time getting the wrinkles out so I decided I like the wrinkled look. ☺

Here's the kitty in my kitchen on the electric stove.


I feel so blessed to have all these given to me! I feel like so much of my child hood is missing and these old things help me feel connected to it in a special way.
**********************************
Hope you all had a good weekend! I had lots of fun but I ended up battling a sinus infection, too. I get them easily if I'm not careful and careful is not my middle name lately! I get over infections easily if I'm diligent and I'm thankful I feel normal this morning- so far.
We didn't get to go garage sailing Sat. because Bobby had to work overtime and the weather was iffy anyway. We had fun movies at home though and we rearranged the living room in a very odd way that I never would have thought of! I'm hoping that by the end of the month, I'll have a new living room to show you!
Micah and I will be back to school this week but only for 4 days and then Bobby will have a 5 day "vacation" here at home!
Thanks for coming by and being my bloggy neighbors!
I hope you all have a great week!
~ ♥ ♥ ~

22 comments:

Faye said...

This is so beautiful.Please keep me in your prayers.I see the doctor Wed.Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

*Noelle* said...

i love the kitty linen- very sweet! i got myself some linens lately too- for FREE! i forgot to post them- thanks for reminding me!!

the weather is supposed to warm up here this week- 80 on wednesday; time to plant more flowers!!

have a great day, teacher-mommy!! (i always wish that i could have homeschooled by i don't feel like i could teach math/science well enough for the older grades:( )

love ya,
noelle ♥

Holly said...

Faye, you're in the Lord's arms! ♥

Noelle, I'd love to see your free linens!

Homeschooling is a way of life to me now. I can't imagine going back. ♥

Sophie Rose Designs said...

Love those vintage linens!!! So pretty!!!
Hope you're feeling better!! Sinus infections are NO FUN!! :(

xoxo
Dara

Holly said...

Good to see you, Dara! ♥

Priscila said...

I love these. Your home must be soo sweet! I think you have a really nice decorating scene because everywhere you put these is a perfect place

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, Holly, that first picture is beautiful and would be Perfect as your blog header! Your linens are beautiful and I do believe the tablecloth is vintage. I am not an expert, but the one heavy fabric could very well be barkcloth. The only thing is that barkcloth usually seems to be more heavily patterned than that piece. I love the way you display your linens. I hope you have a beautiful day! Twyla

Holly said...

Good to see you, Priscila! Once I get all my brown panelling painted over and put in more windows, I will love this house! ♥

Holly said...

Hi, Twyla, I'm actually wondering if the polka dotted table cloth is even vintage but it *was* in the box with all the other vintage linens from Juli. ♥

Jenny S said...

Love all the linens! I need to get mine out and refresh them!!

Katie said...

You are one lucky gal, with so many generous friends! I love the colors of the flowers you showed us in detail. How fun!

Holly said...

Hi, Jenny and Katie! I love the smell of freshly washed linens on the line and then pressing them afterward! ♥

Persuaded said...

oh my! what a treat this post is! i just adore your vintage tablecloth from goodwill... but all of the linens are treasures.

i hope your sinus infection gets "all better" real soon dear♥

Vickie said...

Beautiful linens! The few I have are just a few years old. So they still have that store look.

Gosh you were sick too! Hope you are feeling better.

I saw your Scrapbook Sunday post..EWE!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Holly,
Lovely linens...I have a weakness for them...they make me happy and I enjoy ironing them..weird huh?!
Glad you recover quickly.
Deb :)

Rebecca said...

I love seeing all the pictures of your home and all your pretties. You truly have a special way of putting everything together making it pleasing to the eye.

Such a JOY to visit! I LOVE stopping by!

xoRebecca

Holly said...

Thanks, Diane, I think my infection is all cleared up now! Good ole pepper spray does the trick! I think the GW table cloth is from the 50s but I'm not sure. I'm still learning the styles. ♥

Vickie, wash, wash, wash your linens, then they'll look older! Sorry if I ewed you out Sunday! Hee-hee! ♥

Deb, I enjoy ironing mine, too! I don't enjoy ironing other things though! ♥

Rebecca, I'm glad you like coming over! I like to go to your place too1 ♥

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Holly, I love all your linens and the way you have them so lovinly displayed. Nothing prettier then vintage linens around to make a house a home.
I cherish the runners, linens and doilies handmade by my grandma and mother. Truly I will never be able to replace these treasures.

Your linens on the line are gorgeous and would make a great print for display.

Have a great week sweets,
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Piney Rose said...

What lovely linens you have. Vintage needlework is a favorite of mine. Reminiscent of a time when ladies had more leisure time....

Heidi Ann said...

I love vintage linens, too - you certainly have some beautiful ones!!

Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Lovely linens, Holly! I can see why you love 'em!

Holly said...

Celste, It must be so special to have linens made by women you love! But ya know what? I love the women who made mine, too! I just never had the chance to meet them! ☺ ♥

Melissa, I wonder if those ladies of time gone by would have stitched my linens if they had the same technology I do? ☺ ♥

Heidi Ann, Thanks! It's so good to see you here! I mention you in today's post. ♥

Jessica, Long time no see! Congrats once again on the baby! ♥