Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, June 29, 2009

Vintage Embroidered Table Cloth



Happy Monday, girls! I slept in! Here's another one of my vintage linens that came in my giant Christmas box! Ooops! It's a bit crooked! ☺I'm referring to this as "silk embroidered" but I don't know if that is actual truth in publishing... I don't know my fabrics very well but I know this isn't your regular cotton kitchen linen. The yellowish background is a very thin, light, gauzy... something I can't identify. Any guesses? The whole cloth itself it quite heavy though, due to the thickness of the embroidery.

There are LOTS of little holes in the cloth and the fringe has seen better days but I still see her beauty.

The colors are so sweet and my peonies went well here.

This one above is enhanced to show the detail.
*********************
I stayed at home this week end since Micah and I were still recovering from the Summer cold/flu WHATEVER (!) it was. I did manage to fit in a little painting project that I'll show you later in the week and I made another gift tag. Those are really fun! I continue to organize my photos and scrapping supplies, too. I have to figure out what all I have first- then I can scrap.
This will be a short 3 day work week for us and then we'll have a 5 day vacation! Yay! The 4th and our 29th anniversary will be in there somewhere.
Hope you all have a great day! Thanks for coming by! ♥

17 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That is a beautiful cloth. It looks perfect on your porch. Enjoy your week and happy anniversary! Twyla

Holly said...

Good morning, Twyla! Wow is it nice here this motring! Humidity is down and there's a breeze.

I've since moved the cloth because of the cats. I figured there were enough holes in it already! ♥

blushing rose said...

Happy Anniversary ... what a lovely tablecloth, I've not seen one like this before. Very pretty presentation. TTFN ~Marydon

Vickie said...

That is a very pretty tablecloth! Good thing you moved it so the cats can't hurt it:)

The humidity is down here too. Happy Anniversary! Hope you two do something fun and romantic:)

Persuaded said...

hmmm it could be silk, or it could possibly be rayon, or it could be a lightweight cotton.... or a blend of several different fibers too! whatever it's made of, it certainly is very pretty!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
Yes...that is a beautiful tablecloth and your peonies look perfect on it!
Happy anniversary.
Deb :)

Katie said...

Oh I really like this one! I saw one like this at a shop and they had it layered over a solid pink one and it looked so pretty!

*Noelle* said...

It is so pretty! I LOVE your porch! Makes me want to come drink tea with ya:)

hugs ♥

Ulrika said...

Your porch looks so nice and big! I like cloths like that, so pretty.
Yeah, moving again is not appealing to me either, unless it's to a nicer place....We've lived here for 4 years and that is the longest we have lived at a place. I will miss our neighbors, we have good contact with several of them and the children have some good friends. We're trying hard not to get stressed out but trust the Lord to guide us in this situation. Have a great weekend! Brad starts his 4 week vacation next week.
Love, Rika

Karen said...

What a pretty table cloth! I love the colors and it looks so nice with your peonies. I don't know to much about fabics but you can see alot of details went into this piece.
I love your idea about making a banner from the seed packets...thanks for the suggestion!
Have a wonderful Anniversary and 4th of July!!!

Lisa said...

Lovely!!! Your treasures are so fun! I hope you have a great 4th!! My parents were married on the 5th! Happy Anniversary!
Hugs, Lisa

Shabby Kim said...

Holly, that tablecloth is just beautiful. I love the colors and the embroided flowers. The colors are so cheerful and it makes your porch look so welcoming. What a pretty place to sit and relax with a cup of tea.. :-)

Have a great week and I'll be back soon.

Holly said...

Hello and love to all my girls who came by today! I felt pretty bad today so I wasn't feeling too social. Your comments meant a lot though and they really cheered me up! ♥

Brenda said...

What a beautiful tablecloth!! I wouldn't mind a few holes and a bit of tattered lace because it is just so pretty. Happy Anniversary, looking forward to more of your posts.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Twyla!
What a beautiful tablecloth. The flowers are so delicate. Thank you for sharing, and have a wonderful Anniversary. My husband are going on 34 years. I am signing up as a Follower, as I do want to follow your Post. I hope you will pop over and sign up to Follow mine. "Country Hugs", Sherry

Rebecca said...

That tablecloth took more work than I can even say...Truly a LABOR OF LOVE!

BEAUTIFUL!

xoRebecca

debi @ life in my studio said...

Your tablecloth is sooo pretty. I love all that embroidery...that must have taken somebody a long time!