Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Aqua Love



A recent trip to my little local Goodwill produced these fun finds! I love Peter Rabbit!This little 45 cent melamine (?) sugar bowl (?) looks vintage




and looks perfect with this sweet decal. You think?





Can you tell I'm having fun with my decals? ☺
*****************************
Guess what happened to me yesterday? I was stung by a wasp! Boo-hoo! It was right in the middle of my back where I couldn't reach it! This was bad news for me because I am allergic to wasps! I was so scared that I almost cried. Micah kindly doctored me up with Tea Tree oil and Charcoal. Girls, those two ingrediants together are awesome! The sting site was swelling and stinging pretty bad through out the day but by bedtime it was all better! I was so thankful! When I woke in the night once I was like, "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!" because I couldn't feel a thing anymore!
**********
I didn't know I was allergic to wasps until I was first stung in my 4oth year. I went 3 nights without sleep because my hand was so swollen, painful and itching. After THAT episode, I did my research! Now I never leave home without a charcoal capsule in my purse. It's messy but it works!
**********
Hopefully this will be a less eventful day! ☺
**********
Thanks for coming by, girls! Every day- you make my day! ♥

14 comments:

Michele said...

I soooo love that little sugar bowl...too cute!

I'm so glad you feel better after your wasp sting...those little buggers are horrible!

Hugz,
Michele

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Poor, poor Holly! I am so sorry to hear of your wasp sting. Thank the Lord you are better today. The last time I had a wasp sting was about 25 years ago, when I stepped on one and my foot swelled up. That little sugar bowl is adorable and the decal is absolutely perfect for it! Have a nice day and Be Careful! Twyla

Holly said...

Thanks, Michele! Good to see you! I know wasps must serve some purpose but... ♥

Thanks, Twyla! Ya know, I never even saw the wasp! I just knew I was stung and based on my body's reaction, we determined it was a wasp. But, yeah, my eyes will be much wider open today! ♥

blushing rose said...

That is a 1950/60s bowl I believe. Cute with the decals. You amaze me.

I was trimming azaleas & got attacked 2 days in a row with hornets, so the 3rd day I sent our DH & darned if they didn't get him. Hope you heal quickly, that isn't fun.

TTFN ~Marydon

Holly said...

I amaze you, Marydon? Hee-hee! I thought the bowl was old cuz of the color but... could I really have that good of luck? ☺

Sorry you got stung,too! We have had so many different types of stinging insects around this year! It's a bumper crop! ♥

*Noelle* said...

you are havign fun with those decals! SO cute!! ouch, a sting!! poor girl, i have never been stung! i run like a maniac when anything comes buzzin' by me!! lol

yay for micah being your lil dr!! he has a wonderful teacher!!

hugs ♥

Holly said...

Hi, Noelle! Yeah, I had never been stung until I turned 40! Glad I got to wait that long! ♥

Shabby Kim said...

Holly, I'm so sorry to hear you were stung by that nasty old wasp. I bet finding that cute aqua melamine sugar bowl makes up for it though. Love how you made it even cuter with your decals. I really need to start shopping more a the Goodwill stores. Maybe I will start finding really cute things too.

Enjoy the rest of your week and stay away from those nasty wasps!!

Holly said...

Thanks, Kim! I would have to say that every other trip to the GW produces something super! It's definitely worth the hunt! ♥

Piney Rose said...

That is a cute sugar bowl! I love decals as well. I use a lot of shabby chic/cottage style ones from a seller on ebay - would like to find some different ones.

That's good to know about stings and the charcoal. Scary to think of developing a sudden allergy!

Lisa said...

Oh great treasures! You are doing well with your decals!!
Hugs, Lisa

KatCollects said...

The decal looks so cute on your dish, and I LOVE the pink bunny chair below. I had to laugh at your comment about how your Mom painted and you ran off to the beach to find boys, lol. I would love to have a beach cottage and craft while watching the waves, that would be the best.
Kathy

Beach Vintage said...

Sorry to hear you got bitten. but this cute bowl makes up for it dont you think?

Holly said...

Thanks, Melissa! Good to see you! I would love to get more decals. they are so fun! ♥


Thanks, Lisa! ♥

Thanks, Kathy! What I wouldn't give to be in that cabin painting with my mom now! Isn't it funny how crazy people are for the town of Forks now? we stayed there once- at La Push. ☺ ♥

Simone, I was so scared that I'd give up the bowl for the sting! ♥