Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, July 16, 2009

From The Decorating File


Hello, girls! It's been a while since I drug out the decorating file so I thought I'd show a few pages and talk about them.

This quilt was one that I really wanted from JC Penneys but by the time I had the money for it, they quit carrying it! I love the sweet pastel colors. I also love all the white in the picture bellow the quilt. It really appeals to the fancy girl in me but with my country living boys- I can only enjoy this sort of thing on paper! We once built an attic bedroom so attic ideas always grab my attention. My current house has attic room potential (my studio?) so my wheels are always turning. I like how they built shelves into the eves space bellow. We just made our eves space into little storage rooms for the boys with a little door on each side but shelves would have been better. We were remodeling on a budget though. Nice thing about mental remodeling and decorating is that there is NO budget! ☺

The country girl in me loves this room bellow! It's a bedroom for the grand kids when they go visit. I've never painted a ceiling a darker color like that- have you?

It's lightning outside! better shut down! BYE!

12 comments:

rosechicfriends said...

Dreaming is so MUCH fun. I like you, always seems to have more ideas than budget or energy allows! Very pretty ideas.

Blessings..Lorena

Holly said...

Hi, Lorena! Thank God for giving us an imagination! How dull would like be without it? ♥

Ulrika said...

I like those decorating ideas! But - when you have children and cats not all ideas are so practical...And the SD house in yesterdays post looks wonderful - I would probably have loved living there too.
Still dreaming of a home to settle in to also...
Love, Rika

Holly said...

Hi, Rika! I look forward to seeing what the Lord provides for you1 ♥

Shabby Kim said...

Oh Holly, now you've got me feeling really guilty as I actually have that pastel patchwork quilt from JcPenny on my bed right now. After getting my new bed, I started with my Shabby Chic duvet with down quilt, but it was too hot for summer so I switched to the ligherweight quilt. I know why you love it so much because I feel the same way. Wish I had another one to send your way.. :-)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love seeing your decorating pictures! I especially liked the attic space, wow would I love that! And the grandkids room, just beautiful! I've never had a decorating budget. I get things one piece at a time. I guess that's why things don't match too well at my house:) Hope your thunderstorm is over. We just had one blow through here a little while ago. Twyla

Holly said...

Kim! Now we're even! I've got the Shabby bookcase and you've got the quilt! Hee-hee! ♥

Twyla, I think our attic bedroom was a tax refund splurge but not really a splurge. Living in a 2 bedroom house with 3 active boys, we needed the extra space! ♥

Lisa said...

I just love the bedroom! It's great!! Thanks for sharing, hope the storm passed without any trouble!
Hugs, Lisa

Holly said...

Hi, Lisa! I can't believe how many storms we've had this Summer! there's another one rumbling away as I type! ♥

*Noelle* said...

hi again! love the quilt in the last photo! the cool wooden walls (?) in yellow are so neat! i also love those blue/green walls too; think its wallpaper?? i'd love to experiment with more color on the walls but i am a bit timid about it! i REALLY want a pale yellow kitchen with white trim!! white cabinets too!! maybe someday:)

hugs, noelle ♥

Holly said...

Noelle, the flowers are stenciled on the attic room wall.

I know, I'd love to experiment with more paint colors, too but I despise painting so I'm too chicken to go very dark! I'd rather be safe than sorry! ♥

Sweetina said...

I love those rooms with the aqua!
I am dreaming of someday being able to repaint and decorate!!!
Gorgeous!
T