Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, July 20, 2009

Recent Finds


It's a new week, girls! Are you ready?! ~ Yawn ~ ☺
There hasn't been much treasure hunting in my life lately so I'm showing you these treats from a few weeks back. I found this great picture and frame at the GW in the city the last time we were able to go. Although this is nice as it is- it really isn't my style so it will be for a re-do. There is a crack in the frame that I think I can cover up when I paint it.
This is a French china plate that I got at the new shop I discovered near me- Trinkets And Treasures. It has such a nice scalloped edge and it came with this great old (?) hanger. I tried to straighten the plate but the fit was so tight that I was afraid of chipping those nice scallops! Hardly anything had prices in the shop but I was brave enough to ask how much this was and it was only $1.00! ☺ When my pocket book is off its diet- I'm going back to that shop because she has a LOT of cute stuff!


We had a nice cool/dry front come through over the week end. I used the opportunity to clean out my "little" basement. I've really been missing my boys lately and intensive labor is good and satisfying work when you have a lot of emotion going on.

I spent a large part of my Sunday working on my computer... Bobby attempted to download IE8 and now everything is haywire. We can't even access IE at all now so all my favorites are inaccessible and now this morning I can't even get to my e mail using FireFox. Our live Dell help has expired so I'm playing detective. It sure is exhausting work! I'd much rather clean my basement! Well, if I suddenly disappear, you'll know it's due to computer problems. Let's hope that won't happen, though.

I hope to show you my mini nursery banner tomorrow! ♥

20 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Sounds like you are having a manic Monday. Love the post. Love your finds. I really like the picture. So antique(y). Please stop by and say hi. You will see I too am having a manic Monday. Country hugs, Sherry

Holly said...

Hi, Sherry! I had to switch over to Firefox and now my little computer world just isn't the same! I know i'll get used to it though.

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
Oh girl, I hope that you get the quirks with your computer worked out! I know how stressful computer problems can be. I sure love those finds! That picture and gorgeous frame almost took my breath away girl...and that plate is precious! I love seeing what everyone finds on their hunts...the prices are always so fun too. I don't think people would even believe how much I pay for some of the things I find! LOL! I guess that's what makes yard sales and junk stores so much fun to me...because you never know what you'll find...but when you find it...it's yours, because the price is usually right! I hope you have a great day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie~

blushing rose said...

Do I ever love that picture! Amazing what you can find at the GW ... have to get ready for my hard sale this weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Rebecca said...

Holly...computer problems make me go into meltdown. No kidding. Things should work FOREVER in my opinion.

My hubbs is a computer analyst and my son is a programmer. I on the other hand know NOTHING...except of course how to SCREAM when things go wrong!

Sweet Finds!

xoRebecca

Holly said...

Queenie, I will admit that I like something brand new occasionally but when you can find things used for so LITTLE money, it literally pays to wait! ♥

Marydon, Good luck on your upcoming sale! We need to have one, too! ♥

Rebecca, I've learned a lot about computers since my eldest son left home! We didn't even know how to hook the computer up! ♥

Tammy said...

My MSN homepage suggested that I switch over to IE8...good thing I didn't...sounds like it is a lot of trouble!

I thought I would pop in and let you know that your blog has been a favorite of mine these last few weeks. I've re-opened one I had last spring and wanted to invite you over.

I hope your day gets better!

Persuaded said...

I like your plate.. and can't wait to see what you do with your picture and frame. Our computer is overloaded with pictures and that makes it run soooo slowly, so I do feel your pain;)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I hope you don't dissappear! I know how frustrating these computers can be. I hope everything works out okay. Sorry you are missing your kids. I know it must be hard sometimes. That picture you found is so pretty. I'll be glad when your wallet is off it's diet! Have a wonderful day! Hope to see you tomorrow! Twyla

Connie said...

Ohmygosh, I love that little picture, sugar! Adorable......wish I could find some like that.
xoxo,
Connie

Holly said...

Hi, Tammy! Thanks for the compliment, comment and the invite! ♥

Diane, I meant to ask you if you saw my South Dakota post? also, I actually found a GLH book at the GW! It was one I've read before but that's okay. My eyes hurt afterward though because I forgot my glasses and my neck hurt from so much looking! It was a hunt well rewarded, though! ♥

Twyla, I think I'm safe but it was pretty scary there for a while1 Ha! I did get to go to the GW with $5.00 the other day but I didn't really find aything so I spent it on books! ♥

Connie, everyone is liking the picture so much as it is, that I feel a little guilty about changing it! ☺ ♥

*Noelle* said...

i LOVE that frame on that pic! that is something i would look for too and redo it! the plate is very cute and has the same old hanger on it that i found on a couple plates recently at GW!! how funny!

hope your computer gets fixed!! that stinks!!

hugs!
noelle

Kelly said...

Hi Holly,
Those are wonderful finds! Hope you are able to get out and search for some more, you know that is always fun! And hoping the computer is agreeing with you today. It really slows things down when they start acting up.

Blessings~
kelly

http://anewlifeatserenitycottage.blogspot.com/

Holly said...

Noelle, I was thrilled with the plate hanger cuz the ones I see out now are so blah in comparision! I wish I could find more like it. ♥ My computer is okay now! Yay!

Holly said...

Hi there, Kelly! So good to see your smiling face! ♥

Beth Niquette said...

That frame is incredibly beautiful. If it is hand-made, it could be worth quite a bundle. Some old picture frames are worth more than the art they shelter.

Sweetina said...

Beautiful finds Holly!
No I don't have a pool...boohoo...
Thank you so much for the sweetest card and tags~you warm my heart
Holly!
Hugs~
Tina

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Holly, please stop by my blog this morning. I am calling all blogger angels for a request for prayer. I desperately need your help. Please stop over. Country Hugs, Sherry

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Congrats Holly, you won the Cath Kidston teapot in my giveaway! Send me your address and I'll ship it off to you! cindy95131@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

OH NO! IE 8 is HORRIBLE!!!!!! I had to completely take it off my computer! Firefox does take getting use to but I LOVE it now! Sorry! Your treasures are lovely!!
Hugs, Lisa