Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Block From Elizabeth


Happy Monday, everybody! Here's the cutie pie block that Elizabeth from Creative Breathing made for me! Isn't it sweet? I Love the Pink flowers and how she put the puppy on the button! This will hang in my craft room. Here's the other side of the block which features *her* blog name!


Many girls have sent Elizabeth blocks and she is stringing all of our blocks together and making a wall hanging/banner/ garland for her craft room! Elizabeth's craft room was cute already but now it's simply bursting with color! If you go over to her blog, you can see the progress she's made so far!
***************
I hope you all had a good week end! I sure enjoyed my first blog party on Saturday- The Wizard Of Oz Gala! (See post above.) I also had a rootin' tootin' time watching the Hanna Montana movie yesterday. ☺ (I told y'all I'm really just a little girl in disguise!)
***************
This week holds the promise of a routine for me. Bobby starts normal therapy sessions this week plus a new Dr. appointment so I'll be slipping in a bit of school review for Micah while Bobby's out for that and we might get a better idea of when Bobby will return to work.
***************
Our good family friend Rebekah will be coming for a day visit sometime this week! Rebekah is a very busy nurse and paramedic so I don't get to see her very often. She will soon be moving off to Idaho where her brother and my sons live. I wish I could just snap my fingers and live there, too! (In a 3 BD 2 BTH house on 2 fenced acres with a good job for Bobby!) Sometimes I miss my boys and grand kids so much that it could make me sick but I don't let myself go there very often. Life is what it is and I have so much to be thankful for!
**************
Hope everyone has a GREAT day! ♥

13 comments:

Queenie said...

Good Morning Holly!
That little block is cute as can be...and so are the gifts from Twyla...I have got to make my way around to the Wizard of Oz Party posts. I want to see all of the participating posts. It don't seem like I've got enough time in a day lately! LOL! I am looking forward to making my way around though. I sure love your little blue gingham wreath that you made...now that is so creative...I would have never thought of that. I always loved the gingham dress on dorothy! I hope you have a great day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

P.S. Girl, I wouldn't let you stick your big toe in that lake I showed on my blog...now some lakes around here where we live at, yes, they are meant for swimming, but not this one.... Tales of Alligator "site-ings honey. Yeah, I'm serious. I don't know if it's really true, but people have said that at night, they've seen them. Yikes! I live on the back side of this lake, but not lakeside...thank goodness! LOL!

Queenie said...

I meant to say, we don't live lake front. Thank goodness!

rosechicfriends said...

Wow..that is just TOOOOOO darling!

Blessings...Lorena

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Good morning, Holly! Your block is just so cute! Isn't Elizabeth a creative crafter? I could look at her craft room for hours. She has everything just so so. Our's is just so where, where! I'm glad you enjoyed the Gala on Sat. It was my hope that it would bring a lot of people together who might not ordinarily meet and have a good time together. Thank you again for participating. Enjoy your day! Twyla

Tammy said...

Those blocks are a super cute idea! You crafter gals are so creative!☺

Shirl said...

Hello Holly, Happy Pink Saturday, Wizard of Oz Gala and Happy Monday! I'm still making my visits! How adorable this block is that Elizabeth made for you and yours to her is as cute as can be too! Loved your Oz gala post. Your wreath is just so darn cute! Your blog is so sweet and I love the hankies on your valance at the bottom of your blog. Have a great week!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Rebecca said...

Thinking of you Holly! Glad your party was so much fun for you!

Love that BLOCK!

Praying all goes well for your Bobby!

Love to you,

Rebecca

Lisa said...

Oh Holly your block is amazing!! I know you are over the moon!! You have a week ready for you! Have a great one!
Hugs, Lisa

Beach Vintage said...

I too sat through Hanna recently. It was actually a great movie. Have a great week.

Vicki said...

Hello, Holly,
Cute, cute block. I am going over to her blog and see the others. I hope your hubby can return to work soon. Wishing you much happiness. Vicki

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I LOVE the block you rec'd!! I guess I should have joined in the fun swap!!!
Deb :)

jen said...

That is soo cute!!

Enjoy your visit with you friend!!

Jen

*Noelle* said...

those blocks are adorable! i wish i would have known about that, i would have done one!! does she send you one in return then??