Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, September 4, 2009

Girly Ever After


Hi, girls! Here's a girly ever after that I finished up recently. I had so much fun making it! That's what it's all about for me. If it ain't fun- we ain't doing it! As the mini banner states, this pic is for Lindsey (of Two Crazy Crafters and Lindsey's Paper Scraps.) I was sending Twyla the Dorothy wreath that I had made (see here) sort of as a thank you for hosting the Oz party and I wanted to give Lindsey a little thank you gift too but I wasn't sure what. The next thing I knew, this little sweetie jumped off my craft table! ☺ Gr-r-r-r! I couldn't get that banner to curve the right way!
I just had to make another one of my little rose covered picket fences that graces my imaginary cottage!

But this time, there was a vintage Deer and Teddy visiting!

Do you like the frame? It's just plastic and...

here's the before. It was a GW special from over the Winter. I can't read the price tag now but I know it was under a dollar.


One fun thing about this project is that many of the elements used in this project were gifts from you blogging girls! So, when I'm creating, you're creating with me!
I really enjoy making things for other people, although it does make me nervous that they might not really like it! If I ever make you something, and you don't really like it, feel free to give it away to the Good Will! Ha-ha! Maybe some crazy girl will find it and blog about it! ☺
****
I've been crafting all sorts of things but I can't show you what they are until the projects are received by their recipients! I'll keep you posted!
****
Have a great week end. ♥

16 comments:

rosechicfriends said...

That is just darling and soooooo creative! I so completely understand the creating something FUN. And then when its all done..well its even better! Way to go and used those fun gifts from other too!

Blessings and have a great weekend!

Lorena

blushing rose said...

Oh, Holly, this is simply breathtaking. How darling a creation. You ladies still continue to amaze me with your fabulous creative minds & talents.

TY for popping by ... yup! some of the names of the roads & businesses are short of hysterically funny ... like that Hillbilly Hot Dog stand. Posted more today ...

Have a beautiful & safe holiday weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love fun projects! The little deer is precious and it makes me happy this morning! HAVE FUN!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love my picture so much Holly! You know me so well! I feel so lucky to have such a great friend!

I'm glad you like my banner! It's really old jumbo ric rac!

Have a great weekend!

Lindsey

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
That is sweet and how nice of your to send it to Lindsey. They are very special gals :)
Deb :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, the package you sent was a total delight. It was so special because it came from you and then the little surprises along the way were so sweet. We loved our tags and the Hello Kitty mushrooms! We'll share:) I love my wreath. I can't imagine anyone not liking what you made and it is so neat how you create from things people send you. It's a wonderful blogging community. Hope you have a wonderful day and a great weekend! Twyla

~~Carol~~ said...

How adorable is that?! You're so talented Holly! I wish I had the imagination and creativity to come up with something like this! I'm sure Lindsey will love it!
Have a great weekend, girly!

Elyse said...

so adorable! i love the little roses on the fencing. so cute!!!

happy long weekend!

xo
elyse

*Noelle* said...

Super cute! What a great idea;) Lindsay will love it!

Sandi said...

Too cute Holly!! Looks like you had fun crafting and it turned out darling!!
Blessings~

Shabby Kim said...

Hi Holly... I'm back!!!

Love your sweet craft projects you've been doing. Everything is so cute. Lindsay sure is lucky to be getting such a wonderful gift from you. She'll love it for sure.

I need to start taking new pictures myself this weekend so I can get some new posts ready to go, but first I have lots of catching up to do with vistiting everyones blogs. After a week away, I'm sure there are lots of wonderful new things to see, so I'm off to the next one..

Enjoy your long weekend!!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

This is just darling sweet Holly!! You are really on a role! I think you are such a doll for sending your beautiful creations to others :)
Hugs,
Amy

Vicki said...

Hi, Holly,
So cute! I remember the last one you made, too. Love the white picket fence. I have actually made something myself. All of you creative girls have inspired me, and so I created a little something. I am going to show it on a post in a day or two. Have a happy weekend! Vicki

Pearl said...

Such a sweet and adorable gift you've created for Lindsey... I'm sure she'll treasure it. There's just something very comforting about white picket fences...
Hope you're doing well and enjoying the long Holiday weekend...
~hugs~
Pearl

tales from an oc cottage said...

That is just the most adorable!!!!
How creative are you???!!!

m ^..^

Queenie said...

Ohhh, Holly! That is so cute...those little rose covered picket fences are precious! I do remember that frame from GW that you found...it's amazing what white paint does for something...all of the details show up so pretty!
I am gonna take some time to do some crafting very soon...something's calling my name to make! Thanks for always inspiring me!
Big Hugs,
Queenie