Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Rewards In Treasure Hunting


Come on in, treasure hunting girls! It's been a long time since I found anything really sweet at the GW! These tiny rose plates were 25 cents each! I think I'm going to hang them in my bedroom! That room gets neglected since my hubby works midnights and usually sleeps in there during the day. But with him off work for another 4 months, the room is freed up so I'm planning on doing some sprucing up! Sweet hubby picked up these big plates at a garage sale for me. He called me on the cell and told me they had hangers so I said get 'em! I think the green one is a Currier and Ives but I'll probably use it as a serving platter and use the hanger for a different plate. The silver rose plate is going to go in my room to benefit the cause of making a girl's retreat! There was another plate too but it was too UG-U-LY to show!! (It was still worth the hanger, though!)

I ♥ Pansies- especially from the GW! This is a napkin holder but I'll use it as a paper/crafts holder. 44 cents. ☺

I Love this crinkle stuff! It makes packages so much fun. The GW has been having a lot of it in different colors. 4 bags for a dollar!

Does anyone remember the last pic I found like this and what I did with it? Another 44 cents. ☺

My pocketbook continues to be on a strict diet so you won't see me dragging home shabby book cases or any big haul from the antique shops but these little bitty GW shots of retail therapy are better than none at all!
****
Hope you all have been having fun treasure hunting, too! Have a great day, girlfriends! ♥

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

How nice that your husband picked up treasures for you too. I love to bargain hunt too.

Thank you for visiting me and leaving a nice comment.

Carolyn

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
Girl, I've found that retail therapy is retail therapy.... and it doesn't matter how little you spend, or where you go to shop, ...it's still fun and helps us feel better! LOL! I have more fun at yard sales and thrift stores than I ever have in a retail store. There's so much junk there and that I never know what I'm gonna find, and it's always fun to dig too! I love your finds and what great deals...those petite rose plates are precious! I can't wait to see how you hang your plates in your bedroom! Bobby is such a sweetie...thinking of you while he's at the yard sales. What a treasure he is. I hope you have a great day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

~~Carol~~ said...

Great finds at the GW, Holly! Especially those sweet little rose plates. And I know you're going to work your magic on that little picture!
Have a great day!

Tammy said...

I went treasure hunting with Hubby yesterday. I found a huge GW the next town over and netted 2 hydrangea Corelle plates that match a tea-pot I got at K-mart last year and a wee wishing well for fairy garden purposes and a wicker dolly chair and it was only $1.29...I must say I liked the prices there much better than our local one!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Those little rose plates are so cute! I love the green one and the silver, too! Funny you couldn't show the ugly one:) I feel like I don't have a bed room sometimes, too. My husband works nights, sleeps days so I don't get in there to do much, let alone make the bed! I hope you have a wonderful day! It is pouring rain here this morning. I am longing for some blue sky and sunshine. Twyla

Rebecca said...

Truly sweet finds, Miss H! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting. I always LOVE my visits. They make me SMILE!

xoRebecca

rosechicfriends said...

Holly,
Oh what great finds you have..and for so little..even BETTER! And to have your hubby helping makes it even better. Can't wait to see how your *sprucing* up turns out. I am like you, on a strick diet $ wise so I only pick up things for under a few dollars too.

Have a great day!
Lorena

*Noelle* said...

i hear ya!! i have SO been wanting to hit GW lately!! maybe tonite?? love your pretty plates!!

i look forward to when the wedding is over and i don't have to pinch pennies anymore to pay for the dj, photographer and all that anymore!!

hugs,
noelle ♥

Beach Vintage said...

Oh that cute little frame, I love it, are you going to paint it?

Shabby Kim said...

Oh my Holly... You sure found lots of goodies at the Goodwill. Who needs to spend the big bucks when you can find such sweet things to bring home for such a small price.

Hope your week is going well..

Kim

Vicki said...

Hi, Holly,
Those are the best kind of finds, the ones that are a real bargain. I enjoyed seeing all your treasures. The rose plates are so sweet, and how sweet that your husband thinks of you at garage sales. Have a happy day. Vicki

Lisa said...

You lucked out! Love all your plates!
Hugs, Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your treasures! I bought some of that shredded stuff at Michael's today...and paid a little more! lol The little plates are wonderful! Enjoy!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
The plates will look great on a wall and I see you are getting your fall decor going too. It's the little things that add a special touch.
Deb :)

KatCollects said...

Hi Holly,
I think I found a bowl in that exact rose pattern, now I have to go check it : ) Love finding a treasure for little money, they are the best kind of finds.
Hugs,
Kathy