Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Birthday Fun!

Hi, girls! ♥ I have more Birthday surprises to show you but I'll limit them to presents from girls! First are these surprises from my friend Amy here in VA. Hiiii Aaaaaamy! Amy reads this blog but doesn't comment. Hmmm... do you think we can talk her into it? ☺ Amy has one of those cool embroidery machines and she made these adorable kitty towels for me! So cute, huh? I love them! She asked if I would mind any second hand stuff and I said, "of course not!" You see, I don't have a mom or sisters who are "always giving me stuff" like so many other girls I know -so bring it on! So anyway, Amy gave me this pretty fruit plate... and a cutie pie shelf...

and some teddy bear fun! Also a flower basket cut out that I'm using to hold my match box for the wood cook stove in my red kitchen!

She also gave me this beautiful blue glass swan. Thanks again, Amy! ♥

Then my Daughter in law, Sara sent me this candle sconce, scrapbook embellishments, stickers and CANDY! ☺You talk about yummine! they were little Sea Horses and such a smooth texture! Sara also wrapped up my box in pretty paper which is something i rarely receive! Thank you, Sara! ♥
And then I had a fun package from Lisa that wasn't *really* for my birthday but I pretended it was!! Hee-hee! Lisa was sorting through her holiday decor and sent some surplus my way! I already showed you the Fall items she sent but here's some from other seasons plus these fun scrap booking supplies!
Christmas goodies -including some vintage post cards!


and Easter goodies. See the ducky pulling the cart? Lisa said that when she saw it, she knew it was mine! Isn't that sweet? I love it when other bloggers see things they know I would like. ☺ Thanks again, Lisa! ♥

* I'm hoping these new scrap booking supplies from Lisa will help motivate me to start scrapbooking again because I have run out of pages to show for Scrapbook Sunday! Noelle plans to continue to post though so be sure and go by her place!
****
* I've been very busy getting ready for Natasha's party next week on the 22nd! At that time I'll show you before and after pics of my sweet retreat and I'll be having a one day only give away!
****
See you next week, peeps!

26 comments:

*Noelle* said...

look at all those pretties!! i wanted to send you something too but its not good timing now, so you will get spoiled at christmas instead;) yes you must get scrappin' now with all those new supplies- lol!!

hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are ♥

Connie said...

I had to post to something that said "girly girls", sugar!!! Yep, I AM a girly girl even if I'm almost 70 years old. Squeeeeeeal!!! Those things are adorable and I'd say you're very fortunate to have such lovely things for your birthday.
xoxo,
Connie

Jacqueline said...

You must have felt like the Queen Fairy to be on the recieving end of such wonderful babbles and toys and china and such! That is what birthdays are all about! You'll be able to put that shelf to perfect use! I've been busy posting from Underground Seattle (Pioneer Square) but tomorrow, I'll rise up out of the dirt to the land of fairytales once again!

rosechicfriends said...

Oh What sweet goodies you got! Isn't that neat when someone steps in and becomes a cherished friend who loves to share what they have w/you! You are so sweet so I could see why!!!

Love it all can't wait to see what you now do with it! lol

Have a great week and I am glad you are doing better!

Love and Hugs!
Lorena

Gerry said...

Saw your comment on Natasha's Comments and came for a visit. I feel comfortable here already in just a short time. I've marked your blog in MY FAVORITES and will return often.

Gerry said...

Just found the "follow-up commnets" to my email.

gin said...

how cute your surprises are!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love your birthday goodies! Especially the postcards!
Thank you for the compliment on my banner. :)
I don't know if I will buy the Twilight dolls right away as Christmas is coming so I should save for that but I will get them sometime! I might not be able to wait though. I really think the Bella doll is gorgeous!
I am getting so excited about New Moon! I got the movie guide book and wow, I am so thrilled with the photos! I think it will be wonderful!

Lindsey

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Wowza! What lovely presents you received! Love it all and although I'm late...I'm sending Happy Birthday wishes your way!

Hugs,
Karyn

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Holly, so nice to know you were showered with birthday gifts! The postcards were my personal favorite:) I look so forward to seeing your sweet retreat! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Vicki said...

Hi, Holly,
You have received some wonderful gifts! I am in love with those little kitty cat tea towels! I am looking forward to seeing what you are doing for Natasha's party. Sweet blessings to you, dear friend! Vicki

Elyse said...

hi holly,

i am so behind on my blogging. i missed your birthday?

happy happy birthday to you, sweetie! you received some wonderfully fun treats! enjoy them all.

i hope you had a great day!!!

xo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

So many pretty birthday gifts! I love the kitty linens best! What a fun birthday this year!

Pearl said...

Cute goodies...
the postcards were my favorites...
looking forward to the retreat reveal...
Blessings...
Pearl

Shabby Kim said...

Oh you lucky girl Holly!!! What a treasure trove of goodies you received for your birthday. Everything is just so perfect for you and it goes to show you that your friends really care about you and knew how to pick out just the right things that would make you happy. Enjoy all of your wonderful new goodies!!

Lisa said...

Oh I am so glad you got really great stuff for your birthday! It is just fine to say I sent it for your birthday. I did hurry more to get it out once I knew your birthday was coming! I loved my sweet card! I treasure it!
Hugs, Lisa

Priscila said...

I have some stuff for you too! I hope you like it all :)

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Holly, you really made our good for your birthday!! Those towels are so cute :) I love the bear things too! Everything is perfect!

I cannot believe how sick I ended up :( I hope you and Micah are feeling better!

Hugs,
Amy

Sandi said...

Hi Holly,
You got a lot of fun surprises !! YAY for you!!!!
Blessings~

Tami said...

Hi Holly !
Thanks for the visit this morning! You have a lot of inspiring little goodies going on today as well!
Have a lovely day...xo Tami

Shabbychicdiva said...

Very pretty!!! I love the bunnies!!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Holly. Wow -you are a lucky girl withsuch great friends and even greater goodies. Cant waittocheck out your sweet retreat --- happy sundat

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sweet sweet gifts.

P.S. Does Amy have a shop or blog? I would love to get some embroidered towels.

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
It was so fun seeing all of your birthday treasures! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday and best of all you are surrounded by the love of wonderful friends too! I hope you are having a great week, it was 34 degrees down here this morning...a cold front finally came our way, doubt it will stay, but we are finally going to have some cooler daytime temps high 68 today yay!!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Hi Holly,
I especially love those pastel Easter goodies. And that cutie~pie shelf. What a nice lot of birthday treats.
♥ Rebecca

Katie said...

Oh you got so spoiled this birthday, can't think of anyone who deserves it more! Enjoy yourself!