Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, November 30, 2009

The First Gift Of The Season!

Happy Monday, girls! Come on in and see the first gift of the season! I gave this little gift bag to my friend Amy when we went to see New Moon last week! (Go team Jacob!)
I had fun fixing up the bag which just contained a simple Walmart ornament but I think packaging can be a gift in itself- yes? I bought myself an ornament just like it to remember Amy by and I'll hopefully be showing it to you on another day.

Recognize my kitty on the teeny tiny tag I made? I'll be sharing this kitty image along with my other vintage card images in the days to come!

A special thank you to sweet Sherry from Country Wings In Phoenix for sizing up my header for me! Re- sizing images is tricky for me. I think it's because it involves numbers and my brain doesn't process or remember numbers very well!

I'm so thankful for all my blogging friends! You make my life a richer place and you make the holidays a whole lot of fun!
~
In the meadow -we can build a snowman
And pretend- that he is parson Brown
He'll say -are you married?
We'll say -no man
But you can do the job while you're in town!
~

12 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweetie...
I love the packaging that you did for your special gift for your friend. How nice to have a special friend to share Twilight with. I love the books, I have read all of them, but not seen the movie as of yet.

I can't wait to see the ornament that you gave your friend. I love ornaments. They make the best gifts of all at this Holiday season.

Sweetie you did not need to thank me now. I do things because I want to help my friends. I'm just grateful I had the time. I am on a computer 10-12 hours a day at work, and then come home and hop on again. I have several projects I am working on this week, so I am trying to post when I can. I am finishing up my cookie cutter swap, and my Christmas swap. Wait until you see what I made for my Christmas swap. I am going to post this one.

Off to work sweetie. Have a beautiful day. Thanks for making me smile. Country hugs...Sherry

Queenie said...

How Sweet...I love that Kitty Tag!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I LOVE it Holly!! And I totally agree, packaging can be the best part of a gift! Thank you so much for sharing images with us in the future too! I just love vintage childrens cards!
Hugs,
Amy

Sheila said...

Sweet Sweet Sweet, love the colorful tag. What would this world be like if we could not see all the wonderful colors.. Sad to say the least.

Persuaded said...

What a sweet friend you are! And I completely agree... the packaging is half the fun of giving and receiving a gift♥

Special holiday blessings to you, dear friend☺

Sheila said...

Holly i too think we have been in touch in the past. IF not , and we are , OH FORBID!!! WRONG... tee hee, It is nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by me blog and leaving the super duper wonderful comment. HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGS

GWENDOLYN said...

What an adorable little kitten! On the gift and as your header. Blessings!
Gwen

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You always package everything so cute! I love your little tag. I'll look forward to the images. I had to laugh when you mentioned numbers. I am so number challenged everyone in the family knows it and teases me about it. Have a great day! Twyla

blushing rose said...

What a darling packaging gift. Yes, the packaging is a gift in itself.

Hope you had a lovely Tsgiving.

Follow me please on our new blog ~ old had too many issues.

blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
TTFN ~Marydon

Sandi said...

Hi Holly,
How clever are you!!! To cute! Your blog header is adorable too! I have a lot of vintage greeting cards and they are much nicer than the new ones they have now.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~

~~Carol~~ said...

You're so sweet to give your friend a "going to the movies" gift! Now that's my kind of friend!
Happy Monday!
Carol

P.S. Go Team Edward!

Elyse said...

your blog is adorable! just like you.

xo