Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, December 11, 2009

My Tag For Elizabeth's Swap



Well girlies, I don't know if this could really be a tag for Elizabeth since it's so bulky so let's just say that it's altered art? Whatever it might be, I think it's cute!I really wanted to use that string of lights. They are so "Snoopy's dog house decorated for Christmas" looking. ☺ I wanted my kitty to be bigger but I've yet to learn how to make my printer obey me! Veeeeeeery frustrating!

I couldn't seem to stick with only lots of paper and one or two little doo dads!
(Doo-dad! What a funny "word"!)

Can you tell I flocked the Red on the kitty? I treated myself to some Martha Stewart's flocking powder. Fun! It's a bit tricky to make it turn out smooth and even but I consoled myself with the fact that the flocking on the original card is a bit uneven from age anyway!
A little sharing from the ♥:
Most of my long time readers know that my husband has been off of work with a shoulder injury for almost 6 months. Other than the injury, we've enjoyed our little vacation/glimpse of retirement but I find myself feeling panicked about "going back to work". House work, cooking and home schooling have been at a minimum while crafting, playing, visiting, computering and movie watching has been at a maximum. My wonderful husband reminds me that we still have till January and my wonderful Lord reminds me why it's good to take one day at a time!
I think Bobby and I needed this rest to prepare us for making our house ready to sell, doing the actually selling (Hurry, hurry! Someone is coming to look at the house!) and then packing us all up and moving cross country one more time and then finding another house and job in Idaho. (Hopefully for the LAST time???)
I know the Lord will have me ready to meet this challenge of another big move but like a woman facing the excitement of child birth- I'm scared! I just have to stay focused on the reward of the baby. Or in this case- my 3 grown boys, my boy still at home and my 3 grand babies that await me in Idaho. I gotta keep my eye on the prize! I also need to look to the Lord for the bravery that used to be so easy to come by. I used to be so fearless and I want to be again. But maybe I'll continue to be weak and needy and just watch the Lord be the strong one- totally separate from me. We'll see. ♥

16 comments:

Sheila said...

Holly i loved your tag.. I am going to have to try some of marthas flocking powder..The Lord never gives us more then we can handle.. although sometimes i make things a lot more stressful then they are. haha.. Thigs will work out and you will look back and say , awwwwwww now that wasn't all that bad after all. Bless you and your family ..

Connie said...

While being out of work is scary, it does sound like you have your head on straight and your priorities in order. Let's pray for a quick sale for your home so you can be out here with us soon, sugar. I know what it is to want to be near family.
xoxo,
Connie

Julie said...

Such a gorgeous tag, Holly! I love all the chunky embellishments! It's always hard for me to not add "just one more"! I love what you do--keep adding till you're ready to stop!

You'll do fine! I'm glad you've enjoyed this "time off" with your husband. Doesn't it seem that big things looming ahead are so scary...but when we leave it in the Lord's hands, as you are so wisely doing, it just gets easier and easier as the big event approaches! He will bless you with every ability you need to get it done! I'll keep a prayer in my heart for you!

Thanks for your sweet visit, Holly--I'm very glad we met...hope you have a beautiful winter's day!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Holly sweetie..
I so love the beautiful flocked tag that you made for your precious friend. She will just love it. You did a wonderful job. I am going to have to check out that flocking powder. I could have some serious fun with that.

You just remember that when God closes a door, he opens a window. I will be remembering you and Bobby in prayer. Have faith sweetie, and God will guide you the rest of the way. Remember the faith of a mustard seed.

Stop by and say hi when you can. I so love it when you visit.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

gin said...

The string of lights are so cute on the tag, you are so creative...
I pray you will do just fine with the moving thing. And you are right -- just look at the reward at the end of the move.

~~Carol~~ said...

That's a wonderful tag Holly! I'm learning more and more about paper crafting on blogs. I had no idea there was such a thing as flocking powder!
This all does seem scary, but it sounds like you have the right attitude. You understand that it's all in God's hands, so you'll be just fine!
Merry Christmas Holly!
Carol

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I understand your fear of moving. Starting all over again sounds overwhelming, but I know the Lord is going to be with you. In fact, He'll go Before you and get things ready For you! I am very excited for you and will pray for your peace. I love your tag and know that Elizabeth will too. Glad you got to try the flocking powder. Have a really nice weekend! Twyla

*Noelle* said...

hi sweets! the tag is SOO CUTE! i love the lights and gingerbread you added too:)

i wish you guys the best of luck with selling your home and finding a new one:) you are such a sport for moving as much as you have... i DESPISE packing and moving. though i do want a bigger home BADLY, i dread the time when i have to pack up all our "junk" (as my hubby calls it)

hugs ♥
noelle

Marydon Ford said...

What a cute altered art tag. I hope your sale of the house & the move goes well ... Have faith, He will guide you ... all will be fine.

Merry Christmas, TTFN ~ Marydon
~~NEW BLOG~~ blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Shabby Kim said...

What a darling tag you made for your tag swap. You are so creative Holly. I need you to come to my house and help me get more creative..:-). Have a fabulous weekend and stay warm.

Lisa said...

Your tag is perfect! Thanks for sharing!
Holly, you can do anything you put your mind to! The Lord will help you and you need to think of it in baby steps. ENJOY Christmas. Then when you are putting it away work on the house for sale. You know you are so ready to be "home"! It will come and it will all work out just fine. Enjoy your trial retirement and I hope you will not stress over this a lot. ;)
Hugs and prayers, Lisa

Jacqueline said...

Hi Holly,
I have been deep in the heart of my work and it has been no fun at all. Still struggling, I may be job less soon. At least you and I can be scared together! I'm so thrilled that you are actually coming "out west". I drive to Montana once or twice a year...and Idaho is on the way! This is really really good news and I totally understand the fear and the challenge ahead. We've even considered in the next couple of years making a move ourselves but the three kids are in Seattle. God will lead, and we will follow if it's meant to be.
I read back and back into your past blogs tonight. You make life worth while for many. Christmas hugs sent to you on a snowflake! Thanks for your address again...when I get out of the SLUMP...I'll get an envelope off to you.

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Holly,

Your tag is lovely...I love it!

Sweetie, although you're scared it sounds like you'll be in a better situation. Hold on tight to each other and to God and it will all come together.

Love and hugs,
Karyn

Queenie said...

Oh Holly...That is the cutest little kitty tag...I know your swap partner is going to adore it! I haven't seen flocking in the stores, but I must look for some...that's neat stuff!

About the move...Sweetie Everything's going to work out good, I just know it is... I'm hoping that your house will sell quickly too. I can understand how you could feel a little scared and anxious about it all, and ready to get all of this behind you, and get moved and get settled into your new town and home. I would feel the same way. You are strong though girl, and you will get through this. It will be worth it all once you get there. God is with you.... You know I'll be keeping all of this in my prayers for you and your family...love ya!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Elyse said...

hi holly,

what a sweet tag and i love the opening image.

wishing all the best for you and your family in the new year!

xo

Tina said...

Holly super cool tag - love the litchy vintage look to it. I bought the same flocking but haven't really got it right yet...any secrets?

Being near family is always best and I too believe that God doesn't give us more than we can chew. so hang tough and some day soon you'll be exactly where you ought to be.

sending you cyber hugsxoxoxo