Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Boots!

Hee-hee! Here's my winter boots, girls! They appear a bit darker here than in reality. I wanted the light brown kind but they were all out of my size! Size 8 must be the most common size... Anybody want to Google that? ☺Bobby tried getting a full body shot but I was having a "bad fat day" and I didn't like the full shot pics! ☺ Isn't it the worse feeling when you look in the mirror and think you're looking pretty good and then you see a picture and think "PLUS SIZE!" Well, I *am* plus size and always will be so oh well! ☺ It's just that inside I feel like a very small person but then when I see a pic of myself next to other people- like in our family portraits, I'm reminded of how large of a person I am! It's weird but it's okay because it's part of who I am...

I'll show you our family portraits when we get them. What a grueling experience! Poor Micah just can't fake a smile and he was TIRED of the whole thing and showed it! Ha!

We didn't get to go to the Goodwill for our reward because an ice storm came up and the Goodwill closed their doors and went home! Boo-hoo! We did have fun going out to eat though and then we came home and had a family movie with candy and popcorn chips. We finally got around to watching the last Star Wars movie. Poor Anikin! So sad!

Have you ever dreamed about blogging? ☺ I did this morning:
I dreamed that I got a hold of a baby/childhood toy of mine that I really don't remember. I can't even tell you what it was... A yellow tin stove or something to do with baby dolls maybe? I was so excited to have it though and I couldn't wait to take pictures of it for my blog!!! Ha-ha! Then in my dream I told Micah, "This isn't just vintage! It's an antique because it has to be 50 years old to be antique." He then said, "Well... mom... you're not 50 years old yet so how could this be 50 years old???"
Ha-ha! Me and math- even in my dreams! I think I'm suffering from post lag over here so I need to dream something up! Ha-ha!
Have a funny day girls!

Holly

22 comments:

Marydon Ford said...

Ha-ha-ha! Holly! You are TOO funny. Oh, yes, I have dreamed of blogging ...

What a blast of gorgeous pinks to greet us here today.

Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Sheila said...

This is my life holly.. lol.. Are you sure were not twins.. OH can't be i am in a size 9 1/2 shoe.. Oh well .. Have a great day.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

My sister has a great response to the "I can't stand my picture" problem. "Look at is in 10 years and you'll love it!" says she. And it's true! Enjoyed this funny and true post! Hugs, Coralie

stefanie said...

Love your boots...they look sooooo warm!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Holly sweetie you are just devine. Lovin those boots. They are so pretty and look so warm. It is very hard to find shoes in my size also. You wouldn't believe the Size 6 shoes that I want, and they are always sold out too. It is just as bad on the small size sweetie.

You are not alone with the plus size. We are who we are, and like you said, "I love myself, and I am doing the best that I can." That is all that I can ask for.

Sorry you missed your trip to GW. Love that store you know. So much fun. I am doing laundry and cleaning this morning. Hope to make a run to Goodwill later. I'll keep you posted.

Country hugs from Country Wings in Phoenix sweetie, and so much love, Sherry

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I love your winter boots! I need a pair like that This year. Your dream is too funny! I don't remember my dreams very well. Yes, I guess when you are 'number challenged' it shows up even in your dreams. I'm sure I would be too. I look forward to seeing your family photos. You must do a good job of disguising your size because you don't ever appear large to me. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Valarie said...

Holly....I totally relate to you. I am on weight watchers, and the other day my very skinny sister told me that if I ever reached the point that I could buy jeans I should try the gap jeans for curvy women. Like I am not allowed to buy jeans now?? Haha I am a size 12....Shoot me.
Thanks for makin me smile.
Valarie

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Your so cute Holly!!! I adore ya!! I feel like that too in pictures :( I never look as good as I think I do, lol! AND YES, I dream about blogging all the time!! I even dream about bloggers! Isnt that funny??
Love ya sweetie,
Amy

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

lol! i told you i had the blog dream about coming to stay over a your house!! and i had on the ripped pj's and you told me i should get a new pair, then you made me choc. chip cookies!! hehehe:)

i do have moments where i'm like, "oh i should take a pic to show the blog girls!"

blogging=obsession!!

♥ noelle

Vicki said...

Hi, Holly,
Isn't it funny what we sometimes dream? Math was never my strong suit either!! Your boots are as cute as can be! I love it when families get together for a family movie night! So much fun! Enjoy your weekend, sweet friend! Vicki

Shabbychicdiva said...

The boots are so cute. Thanks for stopping by!!! Happy Sunday. Winona

Charlene said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! I know it's hard to be a big girl! You ought to try being six feet one inches tall. But, life would be boring if we were all the SAME! Enjoy yourself for who you are! have a great week! Happy Pink Saturday! Charlene

tales from an oc cottage said...

THOSE boots were made for walkin'!

m ^..^

jen said...

HOlly holly holly! I luv that you are so honest I read your cry baby post :) I have had some of them daze! Here's a bloggy hug! The boots are too cute and oh so comfy aren't they I used to be totally anti "UGGLY" style boot till I tried them and now I live in them. Can't wait to see the family portrait, always such a "fun" event LOL but i'm sure it's fabulous! Hope you had a lovely Pink Saturday
luvs and glitter~jen
p.s. I'm having another giveaway so stop by when ya can....

Beth Niquette said...

I have some big rubber boots I wear in our muddy backyard after the rains--during the rains--before the rains...

Will it ever stop raining? Hmmmm...

Jacqueline said...

There is quite a bit of me to love...I've gained a few pounds but I'm practicing self-care this year so I've decided there's just more of me to love...Tee hee.
Okay, YES, I have to admit the truth...I was dreaming of all my Queens in Training last night...I woke up at 330pm to Tazmo giving me a kiss and I thought...good grief, why is that Queen kissing me...life in blog land...has to make you laugh! Don't tell anyone!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Holly, I haven't dreamed of blogging lately but I dreamed of being in England last night. It was so totally weird. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. xo Lynn

GWENDOLYN said...

Holly,
I can so relate! I feel skinny! But then the pictures show otherwise. I have been plus size for a lot of years now... we are just sweet , plus fluffy and soft and huggable!!
Blessings always!
Gwen

Tina said...

cute boots - I have a pair of black ones...aren't they cozy?

glad you got through the family portraits...

BTW - I know where you are coming from about taking photos - only mine are the opposite - I often feel pretty and think I am having a great hair and make-up day then see a photo that was taken of me and think "HOW COULD I HAVE LEFT THE HOUSE LOOKING SO ICKY" - wierd eh?

anyway

xo
tina

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
Love those boots girl...those look great!
Loved hearing the story of your dream. I dream sometimes of being at yard sales, and it's always such fun...do you think I need some therapy?!
I'll be looking forward to seeing your family pics...stay safe, hope the weather has gotten better up there for you all....
Big Hugs,
Queenie

The Rose Room said...

hilarious, I always think I am much thinner and younger than I really am, I don't mind be delusional! Rachaelxo

Pearl said...

Cute boots... have been working on trying to catch up on my blog reading... being gone for over two months has really set me behind in a terrible way...
I don't think you are too alone in the plus-size group... alot of women have nice, soft curves... personally, I think it is a healthier look...
Blog dreaming... LOL ... I've had a few, too! They can be really weird, can't they?!?!
Thanks for the visits, Holly... hope you're doing well...

~ blessings ~
Pearl