Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, January 4, 2010

Holly Loves Kittens!

It's not just vintage card kittens that I love! I love the real deal! I put each of these to sleep one by one with my special touch! They are at that scampering with a fat little tummy stage and they are so precious! Micah took this pic but I told him, "Not the face, not the face- just the jammies!"

Get ready for Chit-chat, Girls!

I don't have any crafting or project posts lined up for you. Can anyone say 'Boring"?! ☺ Like most of you, I've been taking down most of the Christmas decor. I'm packing my Christmas stuff very carefully and tightly in light of our up coming cross country move so it's a bit more time consuming than usual. I've also started cleaning and dejunking! I know once I get a bit of this out of my system, I'll be creating for Valentines Day and blogging more! I'll wear out! Ha!

Bobby has his last Dr's appointment for his shoulder this week and he'll probably be released to go back to work Friday! That means Micah and I go back to "work" too but I think we're all getting bored and we're ready for the change.

I have a Dr's appointment with a vascular surgeon on the same day as Bobby to see about having the veins in my legs repaired. I have the worse varicose veins that you can imagine. No Dr. has ever seen veins as bad as mine! I've always wanted to fix them for cosmetic reasons but now there are medical concerns as well. So, I may also be facing surgery in the near future. I do not like going to the Dr. and it about makes me faint every time I think about it! So, I tell myself over and over, "It's no big deal." and I try not to think about! The day of our Dr's appointments we'll go out to eat and I'll go shopping for uggs with my Christmas money, too! That will be my little reward.

I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow! I want my bangs back! I miss them! I also need a fresh all over layering. The next day I'll color my hair and them I'll feel all ready to go to the big city with my new clothes!

Like most of the country, It's been terribly windy and cold here! My bathroom pipes froze up so I'm having to use the guys bathroom... Bummer. It's hard to get out in the sun much and I'm feeling gloomy. It's just a feeling though and I know it will pass but it sure is... gloomy!!! Can anyone say, BLAH!? ☺

I drug myself to town on Sat. to shop for clothes at the GW! I really didn't "feel" like getting out but I knew it would be good for me and it was! I'm so glad I went! I found a brand new pair of pants that are actually long enough for me. I'm so glad there are more tall women these days! I also bought 3 Winter tops. I hate Winter clothes but getting "new" ones help!

Although I told myself I wouldn't buy anymore Christmas stuff, I did buy some cute ornaments for just 35 cents! I also shopped for pants for Micah. This is the only time of year he wears pants and he always grows like a weed so last year's pants never fit! One pair of the pants were too short for him so I'll go and exchange those this morning. My guess is that he'll be as tall as me by the end of next Summer!

We're also having a friend over for gumbo this week so it looks like I have a much busier week ahead than I'm used, too!
Well, that's all my news and doings! If you don't see me posting, you'll know why! Let's rally together and help each other laugh at the Winter blues!!!

17 comments:

Faye said...

Oh sweetie, Let us know if you do have sudgery! I hope you have a great week! Blessings, Faye

Jenny S said...

I still have not taken my tree down. It is just too pretty and I will miss it! Let us know when you hear about the veins!!

Julie Ann said...

What adorable little kittens!!! Where are you moving to? I must have missed that post! Yum, gumbo sounds delicious! Hopefully it will keep you warm during this chilly week! Ohh, I hope that they'll be able to fix you up with no problem (and no pain!) quickly! I'll be thinking about you! :) *Hugs*

Queenie said...

Good Morning Holly!
Oh I just love the kitties, and the chit chat too! Hope you and Bobby both have a good visit at the doctor.
Hope you have fun spending your Christmas money in town too! (I know you will!) That "will" be a great reward for visiting the doctor! Have a great week sweetie...talk to you again soon!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Holly Sweetie...
How sweet are all those babies. Now you do know you have to find homes for those babies, you cannot keep them? I know we get so attached to them, but they need new homes too.

I am so thrilled to hear that Bobby is almost ready to be released what a graduation for him. How is his rotation though and at what percentage? Is he going to be able to do the same job that he was doing before or are they going to have to find something else for him?

Now about your height, how tall are you, as you don't look that tall to me. I am 5ft 2" tall. I am a shortie, so I love it when someone has the pleasure of being tall.

Keep me posted on those varicose veins. That can be quite painful, I understand.

Talk to you soon sweetie. Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I know it all must seem overwhelming to you. I know I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. I hope you don't have to have surgury, but I know if you do, the Lord will be right there with you. I am sending you happy vibes today to chase away the winter blues! Have a good one! Twyla

~~Carol~~ said...

You've got your arms full of kitties! Oh, there's nothing like kittens, is there? They're so comical and sweet.
It sounds like you've got a busy week ahead of you, but buying those Uggs will make it all just fade away!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Jacqueline said...

I was just about ready to knock, knock, anyone home? Dear Holly, I was wondering what became of you.
Now, those veins...that is a not so good thing. I'm praying for your fear and those awful things to leave!
The kitty kat clan is so adorable...over the top cute all snuggled and cozy. That is an "awe" moment for sure. I have one pup sleeping under a lamp right now, one under the bed and one under the covers...all is right in the world, for the moment. Take courage my friend. You and God can slay giants! I've lived through many a frozen pipe too...had to use the woods...smile. Random thoughts on this Monday morning...I'm going thrifting!

Shabby Kim said...

I sure am glad I'm not the only one feeling the winter blues. Seems like many of us out there in blog land are feeling the same now that the holidays are over. I'm sure you feel more cheerful once you've gotten your mini make-over and after you've had your dreaded doctors visit which I hope goes well even if you do end up needing surgery. BTW... I can totally relate on the not being able to find pants long enough. I'm a tall girl too (5 foot 9 inches)and I've always had to buy tall/long sizes in my jeans and dress pants which can be very difficult sometimes. Hope you have a great week Holly!!

rosechicfriends said...

OH..are all of those you kitties? I just LOVE kitties..we got to have our momma kitty have her babies when we first got her..she had 4 and 3 lived...it was so MUCH fun.

Oh..I hope your hubby's able to go back to work..and that you will be able to fix your vien problems...YUK..surgery isn't fun, but if your health is a issue...you need to do it!

Love reading your sweet post. Glad you can get out..I get like you in the cold and hate to go our..but when I do I usually run a million errands and then I'm home again for a while! I HATE the winter! hehehe

Hugs and stay warm!
Lorena

Lisa said...

Oh I hope it goes well at the Dr! Glad you found new clothes. Hope you find Uggs!! I'm sorry you have the Winter Blues. It is easy this time of year. I just sleep more. And I watch all the movies I missed during the year before!! hehe
Don't worry and enjoy the kittens!!
Hugs, Lisa

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

great to hear all the stuff you've been up too!! and so much to do! i CANNOT wait to see a pic of your new hair and bangs!!! a new haircut feels great doesn't it??

try not to DO too much now!!!

love ya ♥
noelle

Teresa said...

Oh!
Those kitties...
Oh...so sweet!
Nothing sweeter really!
XXOOXXXX

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Holly!
Those kittens are so cute, lol!!
It sounds like you have a lot of good and positive things ahead!! I am so glad for you. I just got my hair cut too, lol! I had to get four inches cut off :(:( I hope you have a wonderful time shopping and with your friends!
Love ya,
Amy

karen said...

Hi Holly,
Oh your little kittens are sooo sweet!
I hope all is well with your legs and that you won't need surgury. Please keep us posted. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Also the next time I get out to the Annville Juction I will check and see if there are any pink wreaths left and I'll send one your way. : )
Hugs,
Karen

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Holly!

Yikes.....veins.....I have them too.....but don't plan to do a darn thing about them. I had the shots in them years ago........ouch.

I hope you enjoyed your shopping day and found your new Uggs!

Happy, Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Spencer

tales from an oc cottage said...

Oh my gosh! Could those kitties BE more precious! Adorable! I hear ya on the veins...a lovely family trait we all share! Dead sexy! ;} I LOVE winter clothes...unfortunately, we just get really sweaty if we attempt to be "wintery"...such a bummer!!!!

Keep warm!(those kittens should be helpful!)

m ^..^