Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I've Been Making Little Valentines



Looky here, girls! Every spare minute, I run into my Sweet Retreat and work on these little bitty Valentine cards! So fun! These first two were made with images shared by the Two Crazy Crafters- Twyla and Lindsey. And YUP, there's those kitties again ☺ plus another valentine made with a copy of my own card which was given to me by Garage Sale Gal Deb!

Almost all my supplies came from friends, too!! Thanks so much to all my sharing and caring blogging girls who have encouraged me and supplied me as an artist and crafter- you know who you are!
I bought a lace paper punch with my Christmas money. I'm so glad I bought it and I'm having so much fun with it! I'm also trying real hard to learn more about my printer. I get so confused when I have to turn papers this way and that AND bush buttons! Ha!
It's supposed to get up to 50 today! Woo-hoo! We feel like Spring chickens over here! ☺I hope to clean, clean, clean and soak up some sunshine.
We have men coming over to put insulation in our walls and attic today so now we'll be ready for the next cold spell! They will also be installing a new window in Micah's room. The old window actually rattles in the wind!
Bobby is off today and he's going is to the Dr. for his snoring and sleep apnea- something that I've wanted him to do for yeeeeears!
So many things to be thankful for!
Have a great day girlfriends!

18 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweet Holly...
Oh sweetie I love your Valentines that you have been making. I just bought some little doilies and a few other little accessories to try and start making some Valentines this weekend. I just think yours are adorable.

I thank you as always for sharing. I pray Bobby gets the anwswers he needs for his sleep apnea. It can be a very serious thing. Keep me posted. How did his return to work full time go?

Stay warm, and enjoy that sunshine if you get some.

Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

Lisa said...

Love your Valentines!! You did a great job! Glad you have so much to be thankful for!! My internet is down I'm trying to sneak in at work!
Hugs, Lisa

Julie Ann said...

Such super sweet Valentines!! I love the images you used :) I just ordered a printer and am waiting for it to get here. I hope it's not too hard to use! Wow- 50!!! I don't think it will get that high here for another few months! lol :) I hope the doctors are able to help your husband out- I know it must be scary to wake up in the night waiting for him to take his next breath. Enjoy the warm day!

stefanie said...

What is this wonderful thing you have...spare time...I want some!!! I haven't done any crafts since before Chistmas...I am having withdrawls...lol...I love your Valentines, I think I need a lace hole punch...have fun today in the sun.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Sweet looking Valentines, Holly!
My Mom has the sleep thing and has the machine which she isn't fond of!!
Can't wait for the temps to get into the 50's...
Deb :)

Jenny S said...

Good Luck! When my brother in law went and got his sleep apneia machine, it was the BEST thing he ever did!!

Sheila said...

How sweet are your Valentines.. And a lace paper punch on top of that.. I will have to look for one of those. Holly i have the same problem with snoring and i stop breathing in my sleep. I need to go have it checked out again too. lOnnie just punches me and makes me turn over.. Bless his heart.. He don't sleep much.. hugggggggggggs

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, your cards are SO adorable! I love how you've embellished them! Aren't those punches fun?! They add so much 'punch' to your projects:) I have the hardest time with printers myself. I sometimes accidently print over the image if I try to get more than one on a page. Sounds like you have alot on your plate today. Enjoy your beautiful weather! Twyla

Elyse said...

very cute and happy to read that you are enjoying the sweet retreat. i need some time in the girlie office to "play" today, too.

xo
elyse

GWENDOLYN said...

I adore your sweet little cards. I hope you get your cleaning done and enjoy the sunshine for me. none here....
Blessings!
Gwen

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, Holly! These are so beautiful!
I love the vintage touch you've put to them. I do so enjoy Valentine Cards--in fact, I have gethered an extensive collection of them over the years.

Lovely!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cards are adorable!! lucky you getting some windows!!!

love ya!

Julie Ranae said...

Love your sweet valentines, Holly. I am in the process of making a dozen for my mother to share with her neighbors.


Thanks for sharing your talents!

Nan said...

Your blog is so cute I'm glad I found you. I love all the sweet little vintage cards. I'll be checking back again very soon.
Nan

Suzie Button said...

Hi, I found you through Twyla and Lindsay's blog and just love your blog too! Your cards are ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing your images too! Suzie

Queenmothermamaw said...

Oh Holly I love your valentines too. I did take the one with the little boy and the puppy for my boy grands. Love your blog.
QMM

Sandi said...

Beautiful cards Holly! I can tell you are having fun making them!! Happy day today!!
Hugs~

rebecca said...

Good for him to go to the Doctor! A CPAP sleep apnea machine can make a world of difference in his sleep. Tell him I said so ;) Love you guys!