Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, January 29, 2010

One Small Treasure


Hurray! First treasure reward in a long while, girls! Bobby and Micah took me to a local pawn and thrift shop that I had never been to before and there were lots of vintage dishes but everything was *SO* expensive that I almost gave up hope! But then- there she was was! A pretty serving bowl for only $2.00! Isn't she lovely!? I'm trying not to buy anything too big since I'm supposed to be down sizing for our move to Idaho but I just couldn't pass her up!

The shop worker there was typical of the friendly and talkative older folks in these parts. She acted like she and Bobby were old friends so I joined in on the party and now were old friends, too. ☺

It's still my week end so I'm hoping to clean up my craft room today. It's getting on my nerves. There has to be at least one small space to work at or I can't think! So, I'll clean it up all nice and bare and then I'll be able to think again!

I had a nice mood lifter when my eldest son called me yesterday morning on his way to work! He's sort of like me as far as not being so good on the phone so it makes it hard for us to keep connected. He was the last of my older sons to officially leave home and I really miss him! I don't think I realize how much I miss *all* my boys until one of them calls and then I'm super happy all day!

Another surprise blessing from my week end was sleeping 10 hours strait through the night last night! I was shocked when I woke up! I haven't slept 10 hours in... months? And I haven't slept through the night in over a month. What a relief! I feel such a difference in my mood! The older I get, the more I realize how much sleep and sunshine affects my mood. And of course treasure hunting and calls from grown children don't hurt!

I hope you all can find a good mood lifer today! I think we all need it!

Holly

16 comments:

Pearl said...

Your "new" serving bowl is so pretty! Everything always tastes better when it comes from lovely vintage containers ... great find!
Sure am happy for you that you got a sweet phone call from one of your boys ... I know it warmed your heart.
Have a fun time cleaning, and may your day be beautiful...

~ blessings ~
Pearl
~ I sent you an email a few days ago...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a gorgeous bowl! I love everything with roses. I am like you, too...I don't like to be on the phone much but I sure miss my sons! Hope you have a fabulous day! ♥

Jessica said...

Beautiful dish, Holly! :)

stefanie said...

I know what you mean, I went thrifing the other day...and goodness, everything was sooooo expensive, at least you found one thing. I am dreading the day my kids leave, I am a big ninny.

Cottage Flair said...

A pretty treasure! Isn't it great to find something you really like at a bargain?! Sounds like you had a great day,
Jennifer

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I'm so glad you had some mood lifters! Great hearing from beloved sons. I am not a phone person either, but when it's your kid it's different. Your bowl is so pretty, so glad you found it! I hope you have a great day! Twyla

Queenmothermamaw said...

Oh my word, we have 6 children and you would think I have a lot of calls, but I am happy if I get a call every week or two. With kids and jobs and so much going on, I can remember how it was. I sometimes wonder if my Mom missed me like I do my kids. I know she did and I would give anything to redo the last few years. I am a big ninny too, but I must say I do have more time with HH now. That is a good thing.
QMM

Lisa said...

Oh i am so glad you have had a good day! I am not coughing up a lung so I am hoping to go hop in bed and be done! It is really snowing here so I hope I don't have to work tomorrow!!!
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs, Lisa

Free Pretty Things For You said...

super sweet bowl!!

Jacqueline said...

I have a mood lifter for you...The WINTER BALL is tonight...Free rides on the horse WONDERFUL...where ever your heart desires. CROSSING My HEART you will win. Drawing in the morning...slumber party tonight. Love you-Molly of your heart!

T's Daily Treasures said...

What a sweet little bowl. My dining table is a mess right now from the crafting I've been trying to do so need to get it cleaned up and organized so I can have some sense to the space. I can understand how it makes you crazy. I caught up with some girlfriends on the phone today. I don't normally like to talk on the phone either. Weather is drab so walked around and tried to find some beautiful flowers to brighten my mood. Hard to do in the desert. Have a great weekend. :) Tammy

Nan said...

That bowl is lovely and small to fit in well with your down sizing. I had to down size when we moved up here to Alaska from CA in 01. I let a lot of things go but we still shipped 8000 pounds up here lol..my husband has lots of heavy tool machines things, etc.
You are the age my son will be in Sept this year. I had my kids like you did young and now they are grown and you are still a very young woman, isn't that great !! Before you know it your grandkids will be in college and married like mine. Ha ! and you'll still be a young woman right !!!
Nan

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

I need a good mood lifter!!

The bowl is very pretty:

noelle ♥

rosechicfriends said...

Hi Sweetie!
Oh how I can relate to a messy crafting space...mine really has been outta control since October and I dont seem to be able to get in there and do it justice! I LOVE it when its all clean and fresh. A clean studio..is a space to create in! lol

Glad you had a sweet shopping day and a call from your son!
Have a blessed rest of the week.

Blessings..Lorena

Sandi said...

Pretty dish Holly! Glad you found something cheap! That is very frustrating when everything is expensive.

I don't remember when I slept five hours straight. Would love to have that feeling again!!
Hugs~

Queenie said...

Beautiful little dish!
That's great that you got to talk to your son too, sounds like the perfect day! Hope today's a great one for you too! :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie