Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pretty Pressies

Shhh... I can't say who these Valentine presents are for but I love how our Aussie friends say "pressie" instead of present! The pressie above is for a "girl" and the one bellow is for a "boy". I made the little tags for each of them. The tissue paper, yummy trims, some of the papers and the decals came from other bloggers! I'm so thankful to have them to use and I'm so thankful for my blogger friends!
I don't know about you but I have the hardest time wrapping a present for a boy or a man! This particular boy happens to be a nature lover (just like me) so I went with a nature theme. I wonder if those seams would have ironed out? I don't think he'll notice them, though! If I could have found my raffia, I would have used it for ribbon but I think my raffia went to live in the lost craft lands.
This is my week end, girls! We are going treasure hunting today- just here in town and then home for a movie. As a family, we're on a Sci-Fi kick lately so we'll be watching the original Star Wars. As a girl, I'm back to watching McLeod's Daughters. I was mad at the writers and stopped watching but now I've forgiven them. ☺
Are you excited that Jan. is almost over? We've had so many warm spells and such good health that this Winter isn't troubling me as much as last Winter; although like most of you, I do have the "blahs". Hang in there, girls! Our enthusiasm will return with the sun!
Be happy!

11 comments:

Faye said...

I love your wraping! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Holly Sweetie...
I love "pressie" that is the cute word for the day. I will remember that. It made me smile. Thank you for sharing. I know your recipients will be so happy. I love the wrapping jobs on both.

Your new picture of yourself is so pretty. I love it.

Raining here this morning. I woke up to clean smelling air when I walked outside. Love it.

Have a beautiful Thursday sweetie.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Beautiful pressies Holly!! Your weekend sounds perfect! I hope you find lots of great things!! YES!! I want this month over yesterday, lol!! I hope February and March goes by really fast too, lol! How sad to wish life away, huh? Part of the illness though :(
Love ya sweets,
Amy

rosechicfriends said...

Hey Sweetie!
Those 2 package are adorable and I AM sure the recipients will be very blessed!

Yep...here in Michigan the cold/warm is getting to me...I had such a GOOD week last week and this week I am dragging...could it be the colder temps? ugh! I hope to perservere and create! How's that for clearning the duldrums away!

Hope your day is great!
Lorena

stefanie said...

they are going to be pleases..pressies are the BEST!!!
I cannot wait for Jan to be over..come on spring!!! good luck treasure hunting

Persuaded said...

... the land of lost crafts
Ha! I'll bet some of my things are meeting up with some of your things in that land far, far away;)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, you always wrap things so pretty. Enjoy your weekend! It has been a pretty good January, but we are preparing for a big snow storm tonight so it will be nice to see winter pass. Twyla

GWENDOLYN said...

Pressie, never heard that one before... cute! I am sure that your recipiants will love the gifts and the wrappings too.
Blessings!
Gwen

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've had a wonderful January this year...better than any in a long time! lol I want to go treasure hunting! Sounds like FUN! ♥

Jenny S said...

Yup, those icky blahs!! We will make it!!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

oooh wonder whats in those pressies??

have a fab-u-lous weekend:)

mine is gonna be spent relaxing and studying for my first art history exam!!

noelle ♥