Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tiny Treasures



Hi there, girl hearts! These treasures aren't very tiny but I just had to use the title! ☺ I've been limiting my GW treasure hunting to small, inexpensive things. These cutie pie wall plaques were just 75 cents each. I think the fabric was $1.00 Here's a close up of one of the plaques. I'm not sure but I might put something else in the middle of each of these. I think my granddaughter Elizabeth might like them too so I might give them to her once we move out to Idaho.

It was so much fun going and getting my hair cut yesterday! I came home feeling quite chirked up! I even feel motivated to loose some weight this week. Tooooo much cookies and candy and noooot enough exercise! My pants just don't fit right. I sure do miss my swimming pool this time of year!
I started unpacking my Valentine's day craft supplies and decor. Now I just have to find my vintage Valentines! My poor paper supplies keep getting moved around so much that they are still a big mess! I want to scan my Valentines like I did with my Christmas cards. That way I can share them with you AND add them to my side bar.
I just have 2 more Christmas boxes to move down to the basement but guess what? My White tree is staying up in the Dinning room and it was Bobby's idea! ☺ I did take the decorations off, though. It just looks so sweet in my pastel dinning room.
Today we have company and tomorrow is my Dr. appointment. They are going to take pictures of my ugly legs for their before and after pics so I'll get to be a model yet! Ha-ha!
Have a great day, girlfriends! You're all special to me and to God!

20 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Holly, thanks for the help with the email problem. I just checked and made sure it was in my profile too. Have a great day. thanks again, i really appreciate it!
Cindy

Faye said...

Holly, This is so cute. You are so talented! And you are very special to me girl! Hope you have a blessed day! Love, Faye

Lisa said...

I think it is neat that you are leaving it up! Are you going to do Valentine theme on it? I too have to find HALF of my Valentine stuff. I got Christmas put away yesterday and have a stack in the living room that has to go!! I can NEVER get it all gathered at one time! hehe
Have a great day!!
Hugs, Lisa

Michele said...

Hi Holly ~ what adorable little plaques!!! I haven't been to GW or a thrift store in soooo long...I might have to make a trip this weekend...having withdrawals!

We need to see a picture of your new hair style...pretty please!

Hugz,
Michele

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Holly, those plaques are so cute!! So cottage pretty :) I love them just as they are! They are so spring-y. I love the pretty fabric too!
So glad you got your hair cut and are feeling better about yourself :) Good luck at the doctor sweetie!!
Love ya
Amy

betty said...

Complimenti sono veramente tenere e così romantiche...da favola.
ciao ciao

Persuaded said...

Those little plaques are adorable! I'll bet your granddaughter would love them♥

And I am awaiting your vintage Valentine's Day cards with bated breath!

Julie Ann said...

Such cute plaques and at such a great price!! Score! Good luck at the doctor's... *Hugs*

Bumpkin Bears said...

Hi Holly, Happy New Year. Those are just so cute, love the fabric too. x

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Holly, those plaques are So sweet! You have such a talent for repurposing GW finds into beautiful decor. I would love to see a picture of you with your new haircut and I'm sure everyone else would too! Your tree was so pretty, I don't blame you for leaving it up. Good luck with your Dr. appointment. Have a good day! Twyla

Rebecca said...

Very sweet, Holly! I would LOVE to have a white tree.

Can't wait to see your vintage Valentines!

Love to you~Rebecca

Julie said...

What adorable little plaques, Holly! Looking forward to seeing all your valentine creations!

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
Those plaques are adorable...love the dainty roses on them!
Hoping you have a great day...stay warm!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
Your kitty's look so sweet sleeping in your lap :)
I'm going to the eye dr tomorrow and later this month...dentist...ICK..!! He is a great dentist...I just get very anxious and do take very good care of my teeth...enough of that talk!!
Let's just think about Valentine FUN!
Deb :)

Queenmothermamaw said...

It finally hit me. Valentine's day projects for the grands. Yes. I have all my tools and stash set up right here in my warm kitchen now, disguised behind some curtains, so I can get started. I liked those plaques. I do wish you luck with your upcoming dealing with the VV. I thought I was going to need shoulder surgery, but PT has again gotten me through. Blessings
QMM

Jenny S said...

Awesome!! Love the two plaques!

The Rose Room said...

Hi Holly, they are so pretty!! Wow, sounds like you are on a roll, great start to the New Year.....

I so need my hair cut and would love to have something done to my legs, like some height added - lol!!!

Happy 2010!!!

Racahelxo

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

show us the hair!!!!

i have a NASTY vein i want to get taken care of too:( good luck at your dr's!!

i've been finding lots of cute valentine supplies around here!

just need some time to do some creating... when???

love ya ♥

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

p.s. those plaques are sooo cute and sooooo you!!!!

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Holly...you are so clever and creative. Love your new treasures!!

Hugs,
Karyn