Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Beginning Of A Collection



Eeek! My first vintage (?) baby planter! Isn't it sweet? Actually, it's not my first planter. I began a collection some years back but because someone made a negative comment about them, I gave them away. No more! Thanks to my fellow baby planter lovers, I am now comfortable and confident in my baby planter loving nature! Hurray for bloggers! I picked this sweetie up at the GW when Bobby and I went on our Valentine's Day date. I also picked this scarf up for a few pennies. I love winding scarves around my long neck!
Here also is a Red and Yellow country thingy that I'm going to re- do for my kitchen. I'll show you when I'm done.
I picked up a few more little treasures here in town over my week end. I'll have pics of those another day!
I hope you all have a good Monday! This is actually my Wed since we're off on Thursdays and Fridays. I've been getting lots done around here because the sun has been out! So energizing! I finally put up the rest of my Christmas decor. Twyla, it made me sad to pack away your pretty pink trees! And Noelle, I finally took down you cutie pie snowflakes. ☺ But the trees and the snowflakes will be there to greet me next year- hopefully in Idaho!
Micah and I have been sanding our paneling for painting and we started priming it last night. Even though I only primed for about 15 minutes, my wrists hurt so bad afterwards! (Because my wrist bones are deformed) I was so discouraged that I even threw a little pity party and Micah attended and everything! His opening greeting was, "I warned you." Boys are such a comfort. Today, I'll try priming for just *10 minutes* and see if my wrists can handle THAT! Grrrr!
One of the "blessings of the week" is that Micah has been making real headway in spelling. Such a relief for a home schooling mom! It's funny... most people tend to think that if a child who attends school outside the home is a bad speller, then they are simply a bad speller but if a home schooler is a bad speller, it's because they were home schooled! ~ Groan ~ But sometimes, I'm my own worst critic. Oh well, after 15 years of home schooling, I should be used to that!
Be good to yourselves today, girls!

17 comments:

Persuaded said...

I love your baby planter... and I have had similar reactions when folks criticized things I liked or collected. Thankfully now we're old enough not to care what people think, right? (at least about stuff like this;))

We won't have spring here for months, so I'll just enjoy your spring-y stuff vicariously☺

Marydon Ford said...

G'morn ~ What a darling planter. I love the baby ones ... don't let others influence your desires.

Sounds like you had a grand time at GW on your date. Found some nifty items.

Have a beautiful week!
TTFN, Hugs ~ Marydon

Julie said...

So glad you started your collection--it's adorable! Love the soft, sweet colors! Lots of other fun things you found! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

stefanie said...

super cute...you should just keep your pink trees up for Easter!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cute finds! love your scarf, i haven't been to gw in a looong time! i'll will have to see if they have any easter stuff out! i always see those baby planters when i go to gw too! are they worth anything?

yaaay for Micah with spelling!! i am grateful that Gavin is a good speller like me and great in math like his daddy!

hope your wrists feel better!!
don't over do it!

love ya ♥

Beth said...

I worry about the same thing about homeschooling. For instance, Becca is incredible as far as her reading level and interest in history and literature. But she struggles in math...like I do...and I worry about people thinking, "Her mama should never have homeschooled her!"
I guess we just need to get over what other people think and realize that our children have their own weaknesses and strengths!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, be good to yourself today, too! Take it easy on your poor wrists. I was so sad to ready that you gave away your other baby planters, but so happy to see now that you are going to embrace your love for them! There are Many people who love them just as we do. Don't listen to people who have no taste. Your's is adorable. I've never seen one just like that sweet little crib. I'll be watching to see what you do with the kitchen 'thingie'. I love that you bought it with 'ideas'. Congratulations to Micah! Have a fun day! Twyla

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Oh Holly I just laughed hearing you are still putting away holiday items. I have a giant snowman sitting out and nowhere to put him away. I may dress him up for spring, lol!

Anneke said...

such a lovely baby planner and beautiful things are standing here on your blog

Sandi said...

Hi Holly,
I agree with Marydon. Don't make your decisions based on what others think. I can finally say that now that I am 50 years old!! lol Glad you started your baby planter collection back up. I will keep my eyes peeled around here.:)
Hugs~

Queenie said...

Love your new header and sidebar pics! Great treasures that you found too! That card you made is adorable too...is that hearts I see on the cute little dress she's sporting!?
I Hope your wrist gets to feeling better.

Talk to you again soon...have a great week :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Shabby Kim said...

Don't let anyone discourage you from collecting those darling little baby planters Holly. I have no children myself and yet I own several of them because they are just so cute and they can be practical too. In fact, I have one sitting here on my desk at home that is shaped like a baby carriage and its just the perfect size for holding holding post-it- note pads and keeping them within easy reach. Makes me smile everytime I look at it and that's all that matters.

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

WOW HOLLY!! You sure have been busy!! I Wish I were getting the right things done like you, lol! My house needs cleaned so badly! You sure have found a lot of great things :) I have a small collection of baby planters. There is just something about them that draws me in. I love that scarf too, so pretty! And YAY for Micah and spelling!!!
Love ya sweet friend,
Amy

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Hi Sweet Holly,

I love your baby planter and I find them quite charming! Glad the sunshine is motivating you...wish it would motivate me! lol

Have a fabulous week!

Hugs,
Karyn

Lisa said...

Planters are addictive!! I am sorry you fell in that one!;) hehehe
ENJOY! What great new treasures!!
Hugs, Lisa

Jacqueline said...

I'm sure the neighborhood is cackling at my gnomes. I once had a 5th wheel trailer and I had gnomes in the yard and pink flamingo's. When we moved into our current neighborhood, I had to giggle because I feel like it is full of the Stepford Wives!
I don't own a baby planter but they have been giving me a temptation call too!

Rebecca said...

Hey sweets...I LOVE vintage baby planters. I saved the ones from when I had my children and wouldn't give them away for anything.

Love to you~Rebecca