Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh Dear!


Here's one of the reasons that I've been doing so much cleaning lately... When we had our house insulated, little bits of insulation found it's way *everywhere* and in the strangest places, too! I keep finding it. I had no idea it would be such a mess. Poor, poor teddy garland!

We've had 2 whole days in a row of sunshine! Woo-hoo! We also have 6 inches of snow but it's nice and wet and perfect for throwing at Micah! I actually hit him sometimes, too (Much to his delight!)

I had a nice long chat with my grandchildren on the phone yesterday. I'm reading a series of books to Elizabeth over the phone. It's a good way to stay connected. The other 2 are a bit young for a story over the phone yet- too active. The grandchildren always want to talk to Uncle Micah, too... Like Micah says, "The more I talk to them, the more I miss them."

I'm trying really hard to get on the computer more! My comments might be shorter and my replies few but I'm going to try and post more because I really miss you! (Hey, that sounded like a corny valentine! Hee-hee!) I have to keep my eye out for an empty computer chair and then ZOOM over here! Like Bobby says, "That computer chair never has a chance to get cold!"

Have a great day, sweet friends!

11 comments:

Julie Ann said...

How cute that you're reading books to Elizabeth over the phone!! You need to get skype! I bet you both would have a blast :)

PS- loved your little rhyme! :) *giggle*

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweetie...
So tickled to hear from you.

I am so sorry to hear about he insulation, that is not fun. You will be cleaning up forever, but at least you will have good utility bills and you will be warm and toasty.

Hope and pray Bobby is doing okay. How is it being back at work for him and for you adjusting to him being gone. We get set in our patterns.

Sounds like you are a little homesick for the grandbabies. I am going to have to switch gears on our grandbaby, we found out Friday it is a BOY. I post ultrasound pics on Sunday. You will have to go and see how cute he is. They have video of him sucking his bottom lip and he likes to rub his little head and face with his hands. It was so amazing to see it on video, and know that he is really there.

Take care sweetie. Country hugs and much love...Sherry

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh what a heartwarming post sweetie! I LOVE that you read to your granddaughter over the phone!!! It jus warms my heart!! I know what you mean about the sunshine!!! We have had some lately too and it has just made me come alive again!
So sorry about that icky insulation :( I had the same problem with sawdust when we got our wood floors :( I still find it on my pretties sometimes, lol!!
Love ya sweetie,
Amy

Persuaded said...

That garland has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen! It looks to be made out of old quilts? Did you make it yourself, you crafty lil thing, you?

Twyla and Lindsey said...

HaHa! Our computer chair never gets cold either! Such a sweet thing Micah said. He sounds like such a dear person. Don't work too hard, I know how you are. Enjoy your day! Twyla

GWENDOLYN said...

Holly,
What a sweet idea to read over the phone. Love your charming kitty paper too.
Blessings!
Gwen

LBP said...

What a fun idea to read over the phone! Don't you just love this weather? (said sarcastically!) We had 13 inches in Roanoke and they are calling for another 20" Friday. Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that this is the south and we shouldn't be getting this much snow!!

Linda

Sheila said...

Tee Hee your a poet and didn't know it. It is sooooooooo sweet to be able to read to your grandchildren weather over the phone or sitting in your lap. Have a great time with them, they grow up sooooooooooooo fast.. Sweet angels

Queenie said...

Good Morning Holly,
One day you'll be reading those stories in person, before you know it, you'll be together...I know you can hardly wait!
Hope you have a great week...
Big Hugs,
Queenie
P.S. I tried to stop over here 4 times last night and your blog page would come up, and then the site would click a bunch of times and then go to a whole other site...advertising for...I can't even remember what. The url addresss would just automatically change. It was wierd, I've never had that happen to me before. I know it was nothing on your part...but just thought I'd tell you.

jen said...

Ah the warmth of someone elses booty! LOL
I'll take the corny Valentine personally :) know how you feel. Yucky insulation but a good thing too... Hmm I think my grand daughter is too young for the stories on the phone yet but it's a great idea.
miss you :(
luvs and glitter
~jen

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

eeek, insultation!! at least your house is warmer, that is a plus!! we could probably use more in our home too!!

i think that is so neat that you read to her on the phone ♥