Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do It Yourself Plate Hangers From Martha Stewart



Hello bloggy sisters! I've been trying to figure out how to make my own simple plate hangers for a long time now. It finally occurred to me to Google it! *Ding* Good ole Martha Stewart showed me how! Here's the link to her site where the pic bellow and the directions came from. (I wasn't sure what all I could legally post here so please tell me if you know so I don't have to Google that, too! ☺) I've only tried this on one plate so far. (See bellow) I first wanted to try it on a thicker plate that I don't care much about because I don't have access to wire that is quite as thick as the instructions stated to use. The plate didn't fall down over night so I'm going to assume that we're good to go and now I'll make more for my vintage plates!
Martha suggests taking needle nose pliers to the wire ends that show and curling them up cute but I haven't felt like going out to the shop and looking for needle nose pliers yet!
Girls, I have so many half finished projects going on right now that it's starting to get on my nerves! I want to finish up at least SOME of them before my Spring break is over!
We're in store for several days of sunshine here! I can hardly wait to plant some Pansies! Yahoeey!
Hope you'll all have fun today!

6 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

thanks for sharing the tip:) hope you can get all your projects done!

Creative Breathing said...

Hi Holly, I can't tell you how glad I popped over today! Do you know how much money I have spent on plate hangers!!!! Thank you, thank you! I was just rereading your profile, and I had such a smile on my face. FOUR boys!!! and you are such a girly girl! I noticed the little plate at the bottom of the post, and I wanted to tell you that I come across this pattern all the time. Are you collecting? Well anyway, your profile is so very charming, and so are you! Elizabeth

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, that is a great idea! Thanks for the link. I loved your shelf from yesterday's post too. Enjoy your sunshiney day! I can't believe your house goes up for sale in two weeks! Yikes! I bet it looks great, don't work so hard. Twyla

Kinderfalls Primitives said...

A great idea but be careful if you are doing this with antique crockery as the wires can cause chips around the edges.

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh this is wonderful Holly! Thank you so much for sharing with us.
I hope you enjoy your sunshine! It is actually hot here today!!!! YAY!!!! I cant wait to see things start to bloom!
Love ya,
Amy

Lisa said...

Get it done sweetie! Looks cool! I did go crazy and bought TONS of plate hangers about 10 yrs ago So I am never without one. But this is cool!
Hugs, Lisa