Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, April 19, 2010

Bird House Make Over


Happy Monday girl friends! This is my last make over- for awhile anyhow! ☺
This poor bird house has seen many transformations through the years. It started out as a 1980s watermelon house! I liked the latest Yellow and Blue but I wanted it yellow and pink for my front porch so out came the paints!And the pretty paper! This is the same pink that's on my flower box but it looks white here...
It occurred to me that the paper wouldn't tolerate the Virginia humidity so it's staying in the house instead of the porch! I didn't even get to finish dolling up my porch before the house sold!

Packing news:
All my craft supplies, DVDs, CDs, VCR, cassette tapes and most of our books are packed. Micah has his room pretty much packed up, too. Now I'm packing up all the decor which takes a while!
I've been doing good about not lifting much but all the bending is still a challenge! I'm already losing weight!

6 comments:

Persuaded said...

You do the cutest "makeovers!"

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

i think the birdhouse is cute both ways- old and new!

so have you guys found a new home yet?

you are a packing machine!!

~~Carol~~ said...

I'm glad you realized your pretty birdhouse makeover would be ruined if it was outside! I made that mistake, and now the paper is all bubbled up!
It's a good thing you're too busy to miss your craft supplies, but I bet it's the first box that you unpack at your new home!
Happy Monday!
Carol

tales from an oc cottage said...

That is so cute!!!! {that moving is hard work, huh?!}

m ^..^

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It must be frustrating to have half your house packed up and not be able to get to it. When are you going to move?! Have a nice day and take care of your back! Twyla

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I love birdhouses :) This is darling!! I hope you have a nice front porch like you have now when you move.
You are so on the ball Holly!! That is awesome!
Hugs,
Amy