Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, April 16, 2010

For the Kitchen



Another quick after and before. Are you tired of them yet? ☺
This is after. (Gotta love me some strawberries!) This is before. Cheap pic from the Goodwill- nabbed for its Yellow frame.

I washed it up and popped a calendar pic in it and now it hangs in the happy kitchen that "sold" my house!!
Moving progress:
Did more dejunking yesterday and packed 5 boxes! Not bad for a late start to the day. I was sad to pack up my crafting supplies. Decor comes next.
Details:
Now that we have sold our house, we are moving to the Moscow Idaho area next month to be with our 3 adult sons, 1 daughter in law and 3 grandchildren! Our grands were so excited when they heard the news!
My husband Bobby does not have a job lined up there but he is a laborer and has always been able to find work. He hopes to get on at the University of Idaho as a night custodian. We don't have any housing lined up yet either. We're looking online and friends and our family are looking there for us, too. We will probably rent at first and then hopefully buy again farther down the time line. Since we will be arriving in the later part of the month of May, we might have to stay in a motel until June 1rst- but I hope not!
We are quite prepared to receive a housing miracle or make some sacrifices for a while. I'm not sure what the Lord's plan is but I know that He knows and that's all that matters!
Thanks for coming by and I hope you all have a happy day!

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty frame...Yes, God sees the whole picture and you are right--that's all that matters. God IS in ALL the details!

Connie said...

I am truly excited for y'all to move out here, sugar! You'll love it, of course.
xoxo,
Connie

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

that is really cute:)

Debbi said...

Wow, you are coming to the PNW--my neck of the woods Holly! Some say this is God's country :) Beautiful little town, I was there many years ago, you can say you are in small town USA! Gets hot in the summer, but not humid. Good luck with your move and I love that repurposed garden pic!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I love the yellow frame AND the picture you put inside Holly!
And I your have such a beautiful, positive outlook. I just know it will all work out perfectly. I am so happy for you!!
Hugs,
Amy

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, what a pretty transformation! I am getting so excited for you! Can't wait for the move! That's the hard part though. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

~~Carol~~ said...

Just think, this time next year you'll be all settled in! I know it's exciting and scary all at the same time, but it'll all work out just fine. You've got a great attitude, and you know that God has a plan!
Love the picture of the watering can in that sunny yellow frame!

Creative Breathing said...

Your hard work has really paid off! I am so excited for you to be moving close to your sons. New adventures ahead for you! I have gotten such great spruce up ideas (boy do I need them) now to get moving! Looking forward to all your travel and moving adventures! Elizabeth

Elyse said...

love your attitude! :)

your cheerful frames and pictures will be perfect anyplace you make your new home.

xo
elyse

Ginger said...

I will be praying you can find housing soon and things will fall into place for you. How great you will be near your kids and grandkids. You don't look old enough to have grown kids.

Ginger

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

You know the Lord does have a plan for you Holly, but it can be hard to wait to see what that might be sometimes. Your family is going to be so blessed to have you living close by...that is worth it all! I have had to move 9 times in the last 16 years and it looks like another move may be in the very near future. The packing can be difficult.

I too know God has a purpose in it all. Take care of yourself during this challenging time, Holly.

Fondly, Carrie

Jenny S said...

I am so excited for you! I know thie is what youreally wanted and everything will work out!! WOOHOO!

Sandi said...

CONGRATULATIONS on selling your house Holly!! That was FAST!!!! So excited for you that you will be living close to your family!!
Hugs~

Cathy said...

Hi Holly,

You must be so excited for your upcoming move. I'm sure you are going to love your new home.

Thank you for your kind words on my Cottages & Bungalows feature.

xo Cathy

LillySue said...

Wow, big changes going on in your life too! Congrats on selling your home. How wonderful for you to get to see your grandkids grow. Having Grandparents as part of your childhood is very important! I hope all goes well with the job search, packing and moving...you are in my prayers!
Blessings~ LillySue