Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Gift Left Behind

I think this is Bridal Wreath! I found it (hardly) growing out in the 100 acre wood behind our house. It was growing near an old homestead site. I think a sweet little wifey must have planted it there. ☺ She planted some Daffodils back there, too. Well, I like to think it was a little wifey. I guess it could have been a big wifey like me or an old grampa but I like to pretend it was a little wifey/kindred spirit. She had to leave her homestead to go out West (just like me!) and she left that bridal wreath bush for me to enjoy. And I have.

7 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

pretty!!!

~~Carol~~ said...

You can always find the prettiest roses growing by those old homesteads too! Probably the cheapest and easiest way to beautify their homes, way back when. I would love to have one of those bushes in my yard, because they are just gorgeous when in bloom!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

You are really funny! I wonder if I qualify to be a little wifey?

Lisa said...

Oh I am so excited for you! I know you will be so happy to have a place near your family. It will be sad to leave your woods but you will find more great adventures out west!
Hugs, Lisa

Mama Holli said...

So beautiful! What a lovely gift to leave behind! I am a Holli too! Holli with an i.........!!! Came over from 2 Crazy Crafters! Will be back!

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
I have had such a fun time seeing all of your before and after projects...each one is so cute! You have been so busy, and it looks like all of your hard work has paid off! Wow, your house sold fast!

I am so happy that your house sold right away...isn't the favor of God amazing? This is without a doubt God's will for your life, to get moved and get closer to your children and grandchildren. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you all to have a safe move, and that things will go well while you hunt your new place to live.

I love that you are leaving a note and $1.00 behind in a bottle, for someone to find one day behind the cabinets. I'm sure it will some day put a big smile on someones' face, you have a great way of always doing that. You are a doll, what can I say...but
Hope you have a great week!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I'm glad you found this little bush. It is beautiful. Maybe you'll have woods where you move to. Good night. Twyla