Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Humble Blue Living Room



Hi girlies! See the wall with the quilt? That's the wall that I worked on during my glorious Spring break. Bobby put the last coat on for me. Painting over paneling is not the lickety split job of painting over dry wall or some other surface- especially if you're a woman with defective wrist bones!! The other window wall is what I painted last year. Nothing slow about me! Ha!
You can see that there is still brown paneling on the other wall but that didn't stop our house from selling! I have pretty sheets over the love seat and chair which have seen much better days! I love the slip cover look better anyway. ☺
This is a tiny room and I never liked going in here before. It was so dark and boxy. Even with 2 walls left in the brown paneling, I like it much better now. Too bad we're not staying! (NOT!)
Under Contract:
We counter offered yesterday and he countered back to us and we are finally done! If all goes smoothly we will close on May 14th! HELP! ☺

10 comments:

Julie said...

It looks lovely, Holly! Congrats on the sale--I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hope your day is wonderful!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

OMG Holly I am screaming for you...
Congratulations sweetie. I knew it. I told you God has a plan for all of us, and if it was meant for you to move, that it would sell. Oh sweetie I am so thrilled for you. Just absolutely thrilled. I hope you are walking away with enough of a profit to put down on a house where you are going to be with the rest of the family. Your kids and grands will be so thrilled.

Oh sweetie. How wonderful this is. Thank you so much for sharing.

I love the quilt on the wall and the paneling is so beautiful painted white. It just looks gorgeous. Love quilts.

I'll be praying for the closing to go quickly and painlessly sweetie.

I am off to Maryland in the morning. Will be gone for 8 days to see Marydon @ Blushing Rose. I can't wait.

Have a beautiful weekend and I will see ya when I get back. Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

Connie said...

Yippeeeeee, sugar, you're finally moving out here!!!
xoxo,
Connie

Beth said...

Oh wow! I hope all goes well for you! We are going to START the process of house selling! YUCK....

Diane said...

Congratulations, time to move forward! Bigger and Better. Hugs, Diane

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, your living room is charming. No wonder your house sold so quickly. I am just so excited for you. I look so forward to hearing of your moving adventures. Have a beautiful day! Twyla

Bumpkin Bears said...

I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for the Sale! hugs, Catherine x

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

how exciting!!!

heartfelt living said...

Hi Holly,
Your living room looks so charming! All your hard work paid off! I'm sure you will miss it but now you will get to have a clean slate and I'm sure it will be just a sweet!
Congratulations on your sale!

Natasha Burns said...

congrats on the house sale!!!
great room Holly :)
I love that double wedding ring quilt, that's my favourite of all the old quilt designs. reminds me of the one my mum made for us when we got married :)