Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Rose Frame Gets A New Life!


Happy Monday, girls! Here's another before and after project that I did on my Spring break!

After:

Before



I love that palest pink! I don't know if I'll stick to that fabric that I put in... I finally removed the back piece. I was kind of scared that I'd break the whole backing but it came off okay! Whew!
What I did on my Spring break:
What some of you don't know is that I was ALL ALONE for my Spring break! ALL ALONE for 8 glorious days!!!! My husband and son flew to Texas to visit family and I got to stay home! My favorite place in the world. ☺ I worked hard and played hard and I didn't have to stop for anything. I didn't get sick and I didn't hurt my back- a miracle if you know me- and I didn't get lonely at all!
Here's some of the specifics of what I did while alone!
I scrubbed and waxed floors
Painted cabinets and walls
Painted several upcycled projects
Removed the old caulking from the bath tub and applied fresh caulking
Scrubbed down part of the porch wall.
Planted flowers and cleaned up yard junk
Ate LOTS of chocolate
Danced to oldies
Made a polka dot rag wreath
Decorated
De-junked big time!
Watched lots of movies and had the computer ALL TO MYSELF!
Went Goodwilling 4 (?) times
Listened to the silence...
And now- it's back to reality! Back to school and almost ready to sell our house. We meet with our realtor this week- possibly Wed! HELP!
Hope you all had a nice Easter Holiday! We sure did!

14 comments:

Julie Ann said...

What a beautiful frame!! It sounds like you got lots done during your Spring Break!! :)

Persuaded said...

OK, battling waves of jealousy here about all of that wonderful work you got done!! I was just looking around my house yesterday and feeling overwhelmed with all I have to do:(

And I love love love your idea of putting fabric into frames like that! I have a few pieces of vintage fabric that I know I'll never use because they are just too precious. Framing a little piece and hanging it on my wall would be a great way to enjoy it without using it up;)
Have a wonderful day m'dear♥

~~Carol~~ said...

It sounds like your Spring Break had a nice mix of fun and chores! You can't be all work and no play when you've got the place to yourself!
The frame is gorgeous, and I really like the fabric you've got in there!
I'm having a giveaway. Pop on over if you get the chance!

Elyse said...

i can hear the girlish excitement in this happy post! sounds like you had some very nice me-time!

the frame looks great!

xo
elyse

Melinda said...

The frame is beautiful! Great job!!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

holy i love before and afters!
it turned out So pretty :)

i have so many frames to redo its not even funny!:( youll see when i post it! lol

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I wish I had your energy! I know how it is when you're alone though, you feel like getting things done! Glad you enjoyed your time and I know you are enjoying your house. Best wishes for a quick sell! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Diane said...

You sure got a lot done, I too am working on spring cleaning and getting rid of the old stuff that we do not use! Wish you much luck with the sale of your house. Hugs, Diane

Heidi Ann said...

That does indeed sound like a wonderful week! And I LOVE what you did with that frame!

Ulrika said...

I'm so glad you had a great time Holly!! I love that frame. What a neat idea to put fabric in a frame, I've never thought of that before. I recently made a rose collage picture (pictures from various magazines) that turned out ok.
Love, Rika

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

You have such talent! Love all your carfty ideas! Have a wonderful week!

Ginger said...

Wow, I couldn't do all you did in three weeks, how did you fit all that in 8 days? I know what you mean, my husband is a firefighter and works 24 hrs on and 24 off and I get a lot done on those on days. LOL. Love your frame

Ginger

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

love the frame:) wow, you were busy! gw... 4 times!? you better share what you got:)

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

WOW Holly!!! You got a lot done on your spring break! It sounds so wonderful! I love your frame too, that turned out perfectly!
Good luck selling your home! You sound so well prepared, it should go fast :):)
Love ya,
Amy