Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Secret Message

I already told Carrie about this but as I was deep cleaning the other day, I saw a large crack behind one of my upper kitchen cabinets. I thought about how neat it would be to find something old behind there or even some hidden money! ☺ Perhaps if I had been able to remove that cabinet, I *would* have found something fun but since I couldn't FIND any treasure, I decided to bury some!

I wrote out a small message, signed it and dated it, tucked in a $1.00 bill and hid it away in that crack! ~ Giggle ~ I wished I would have had $100.00 to tuck in there but I think it would be fun to just find one and a note- wouldn't you?

Surely someone, some day, will remove those cabinets! Maybe the one dollar bill will no longer exist then and it will actually be worth something! ☺ Maybe they will "google me" and find my ancestors. Or who knows, maybe the new owners of this house will find it and think, "We knew she was weird." Ha-ha!

Have a honey of a day, everyone!

12 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

what a SUPER NEAT idea!! when hubby and i bought our house; we talked about the same thing... like what if when we pulled the flooring back money was buried under there? that would have been cool, but there was nothing:( LOL

i love your lil message; how fun!!

Julie Ann said...

LOL- that is Sooo cute!!!! I would love to find a little note tucked into the corner of the house...

Jacqueline said...

Well, I for one will never tell where the secret bill is hidden. My parents did this also, when I was a little girl. We lived in a trailer park for about a year before the Fairyland days and I remember my mom digging a hole and putting a note with our names in the bottle. Now McDonalds stands on the properity. I wonder what Ronald McDonald thought?

~~Carol~~ said...

What a cute thing to do, Holly! It could be years and years from now, but someone will eventually find your little note and the dollar bill. How magical!

Diane said...

I read that over at my sisters Blog, and I think a hidden treasure is a fantastic idea! Great way to leave a bit of you behind. Hugs, Diane

Lisa said...

Cool! I hope it is a do-it-yourselfer not a crazy workman! What a fun thing to do!
Hugs, Lisa

Beth Niquette said...

I LOVE it! We live in a VERY old house and I've wondered about the same things--in fact, there's a secret room which has no access--underneath the laundryroom. Years ago, our kids crawled under the house only to discover filled with a foot of water. It's not now, but we still don't have access. I sometimes wonder what might be found in the mud.

Some friends of ours have a Bible hidden behind a rock in their fireplace--there's another rock which is hand-shaped pointing to where the Bible is hidden.

Just too cool!

stefanie said...

I love it...whoever finds it will be sooo happy!!

Ulrika said...

Fun idea - I'll remember that if we ever move again.

Melly said...

Holly, what a fun idea, you are just the best! How exciting for whoever finds your treasure...hehe..golly maybe one day I may find a little treasure..here's hoping..
hugs
Melly:)

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

You are so darn clever! I love that!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I love this idea! I used to watch a program on HGTV about people who discovered the history of their homes from things hidden in houses. What fun! Twyla