Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Decorating Ideas From The old Movies


I love Doris Day! She reminds me of my Mother. Different coloring but the same face. I generally fast forward through a lot of the songs and dances in these type of movies but I LOVE to look at the decor and clothing! Doris' kitchen in the Pajama Game was really fun to look at! So many neat pieces to admire and recognize.

I'm running out of things to pack! This is good, right? I guess I can start cleaning!

Have any of you played Phase 10? It's a really long card game that Micah and I have been playing every day. It's pretty fun, although I hated it at first! (I don't do numbers very well.) We don't play a whole game in one sitting, though. We go back to it throughout the day in between work and school. we play out on the deck and enjoy the Spring time! (Well, except for those 2 days that were so humid that they made me sick! Bleh!)

Enjoy your Spring day! God loves you just the way you are and so do I!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Doris Day is wonderful! I love her movies!! Have fun cleaning!! SO excited you are almost done! And you have time to play! Woo-Hoo!!
Hugs, Lisa

Linda Ruthie said...

I love Doris Day. My parents had one of her albums in their collection and I about wore it out! She made such fun movies. I never seem to see more than a couple of different ones on TV. I think I just figured out what my hubby can get me for my birthday! Thanks!!
Good luck with the big move. I'm glad you're taking time to mix a bit of playtime with packing.

Jenny S said...

Love Phase 10. We used to play it all the time but have not done so in a long time! I need to pull it back out!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Holly, I love Doris Day too! I grew up watching her and her movies always make me smile!!
I have never played Phase 10!! But you do have me intrigued, I love games!!
Hugs,
Amy

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I love you just the way you are too! I love watching old movies and sitcoms to see the decorating. Did you read Elizabeth's post about how she decorated her new house like an 80's sitcom and didn't know there was anything wrong with that except that she had trouble finding 'mauve'. I sure hope you have a happy, sunny day! Twyla

Beth said...

I LOVE old romantic (silly!!) movies! I would love to decorate a basement family room in old movie posters and 40's and 50's style diner things! (Hmmm....I guess I need to get a basement first...)
Have a lovely day, dear friend!

Marydon Ford said...

Think I saw every Doris Day movie ... love her & Rock Hudson together.

Enjoy our move, Holly!

Have a great day!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Bethany said...

Hi Holly,
Thank you for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. Yours is so sweet and I love your vintage cards! I think we enjoy the same colors. I do love going thrifting and finding treasures. I am glad Elyse sent you my way. I will be back to visit.
Warmly,
Bethany

GWENDOLYN said...

You know I love Doris! She is so iconic. I love to watch her sing and dance.
Blessings
Gwen

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

you and micah sound so cute!! i've never seen a doris day movie... i don't think?

at least you are almost done packing!! when you get a new address; you better email it to me so i can send ya a housewarming gift ♥