Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, May 10, 2010

Last Minute Treasure Hunting?


Good day, girls!
I've been making "quick" trips to the GW to find shorts for Micah and the next thing ya know, I'm treasure hunting! You wouldn't believe all the good stuff they've had lately!!! I couldn't pass it all up- right? ☺ I really did need another bag to put our vitamins and medicines in and surely one of my grand girls will want this bitty little purse- right? And I couldn't pass up this little lamp. I think it's referred to as a Hob Nail lamp. Anybody know? I used to have one just like it with a glass shade and it was in my son's room. He asked if he could take it with him when he left home. I wonder if he still has it. I'll soon find out!
I also picked up these ABC blocks for a few cents. I'll have fun making words with them when we're settled again.
It felt good to do something happy and normal like treasure hunting. I'm so tired of ugly brown boxes!
Come back tomorrow to see what I scored for my new home in Idaho!

9 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

that does look like hobnail, my mom has several pieces like that.

have you guys looked for any home yet out there? are you getting excited or nervous??

rosechicfriends said...

Oh Hi Holly!
I am sure you can't wait to be done and moving! Great goodies..YES you have found a gorgeous Milk Glass Hobnail lamp! I have a similar one and collect milk glass and hobnail is hard to find anymore!

Please stop by to enter my PINK Mystery giveaway!

Hugs...Lorena

gin said...

I like that you already have something for the new home! can't wait to see!!

Jacqueline said...

Father,
I thank you for Holly in my life and her fun spirit you have created in her. Her unique way of loving others. I pray that you protect them and cover them on their journey to Idaho. You've made the way, for this family to reunite and be whole again in your name I pray. Amen

~~Carol~~ said...

Glad you made time for a little fun while doing the very un-fun thing of packing! Yes that lamp is hobnail, and it is so cute. What a great find!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Marydon Ford said...

It is milk glass hobnail pattern. You found some great bargains. Lucky you!

Have a wonderful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, it's really getting close isn't it? Are you leaving Friday? There is nothing like treasure hunting to take your mind off stressful times. Looks like you found some real goodies. I'll come back tomorrow to see what else you got?! Twyla

Lisa said...

SCORE on that lamp!!! Woo-Hoo!! LOve the pink bag!! Now stop buying things to pack! hehehe I cannot wait to see what you got!
Hugs, Lisa

Diane said...

Hope you had a Wonderful Mothers Day! Stop On Over I'm having a Virtual Baby Shower for my daughter, games and prizes, would love to see you there! Hugs, Diane