Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, May 28, 2010

My (first) Idaho Kitchen!

This is my "kitchen counter" in my Idaho motel home. ☺ Isn't it cute? I have a microwave and a mini fridge plus other "counter space". My son Caleb (24) picked the flowers for me and they cheered me much! I see Caleb the most often since he's not working full time right now and he picks me flowers all the time.

Living in a motel room is *very* trying for solitude loving me but the Lord shows me the positives in every nook and cranny. ☺ We might be staying here for a couple more weeks but we're just taking one day at a time. We have our eye on what we're referring to as our "dream rental" but we'd like a full time job before committing to a lease.

One positive here is that I get to enjoy the Lilacs twice this year! The Lilacs were done in Virginia long ago but they are in full bloom here in Idaho!

I just found my camera cord last night so more posts should be coming your way! I can't tell you how happy it made me to find that cord! I just had to take a picture for my blog and it helped me to feel so much more "normal".

Today, my Micah was very sick so I just hung out at home with him. I'm only a couple blocks away from my grands though so I was able to walk over and read them a quick story at nap time. What a blessing!

Seeing my adult children has been so fun! My eldest stopped by last night to give me a roll and some yummy cheese before he went off on a climbing trip. It's really starting to sink in that I don't have to miss them anymore!

Seeing the lovely pictures on your blogs has been so refreshing to me! Thank you all for your posting and visiting me.

18 comments:

Melly said...

Hi Gorgeous!! you have a beautiful knack of making something ordinary, shine! I love your little kitchen.
Sending you big cyber hugs :)
(((((((((((Holly)))))))))))))

Marydon Ford said...

What a fun adventure you are on ... enjoy the family ...

Have a lovely holiday weekend.
LET FREEDOM RING!
TTFN ~ Marydon

Connie said...

Glad you're enjoying Idaho, chick. It will be home to you in no time. But in Moscow I would think it's hard to find a rental that's available and not too overpriced since it is a college town. Good luck, sugar.
xoxo,
Connie

Shelley said...

I bet you will have that motel room feeling very much like home in no time at all....so nice that you don't have to miss your children anymore...what a blessing for you.....hope your son is feeling better very soon....blessings

Cindy@shabbynsweet said...

Hi Holly, so happy to hear you are spending time with your family. What a treat. It's only a matter of time before you find that dream home you are longing for. But good things come to those who wait. And i'm sure it isn't far away.

Sheila said...

HI Holly. So great to see you get to post more now. It won't be long and you will look back on time spent in the motel room and say Oh that was not so bad. I know you must be in heaven being close to your older children now. It is wonderful that they pick you flowers and bring you cheese... Gifts from their hearts. Cherish....Sheila

Persuaded said...

Very homey! I can't wait to see your new "real" home once you find it and get settled in... welcome back to the land of the blogging, honey. You were much missed!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly!!! I've missed you so much! I was thinking of emailing you and it never dawned on me to check your blog! I am so glad you are able to post again and feel more normal. I hope you get a real home soon. I am so happy for you that you get to be with all your children! Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

Lisa said...

Lovely!! I cannot believe you couldn't find pink plates! hehe
Enjoy your 1st home and I am praying you get a real one soon!
Hugs, Lisa

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

awwwe see you can even make a hotel room sweet and fun, like you!!

hope you feel better soon; micah too. i can only imagine how it feels to stay in a hotel for so long. i would love it, if my kids weren't there. they don't do so well in hotels:(

Jacqueline said...

Holly at the Motel...It could be a book. If I wrote it, it would be all about your quest to find a canned ham travel trailer to move into next...vintage wheels and flags waving you down the road...

Thinking about you and praying for the right door (literally) to open for you.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
Glad you are "home" and will soon find a place to call "home".
Take care.
Deb :)

KatCollects said...

That is so sweet that your Son picked you flowers, wishing you all the best.
Kathy

Dolly said...

Mmmm...... wonderful!

Thanks for following Holly and good luck with my give away!

Hugz, Dolly

Beach Vintage said...

Hi Holly, glad you found the cord, there is nothing worse! Happy Memorial Day.

Jackie said...

Hey there Georgie Girl...I mean Holly Girl...YOU have won my Groovy Girl Give Away...I'm thinking you might want me to hold on to the box of goodies until you have an address?
Waving to you from your next door State...Big Love sent...Hope you are feeling groovy today!

Rebecca said...

God has a plan my friend. Keep trusting him. He'll reveal it to you in His time.

Love to you~Rebecca

Queenie said...

Hey Holly,
I hope that you can find a rental soon...I know you miss your usual routine...and I can imagine that it can't be easy staying at the hotel, but you sure do have your little kitchen area looking cute. :) I hope that Micah is feeling much better by now. I'm thinking of you and your family!
Hope you have a beautiful day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie