Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, May 3, 2010

What Is It?


It's a new week, girls! And the last FULL week that I have to pack for Idaho! Yikes! I alternate between intense excitement and extreme fear! May the excitement win! ☺ My Bobby thinks this Red and White enamelware pot is a chamber pot. Do you think?! It was in the basement of this house when we first moved in and it helped inspire the decorating theme for my vintage Red and Yellow kitchen. I really like it but I don't want to gross anyone out by displaying it. What thinkest thou?
Magazines:
Do any of you have any magazines to spare? I know I'm going to miss the beauty of blogging while we're on our moving trip so I'm hoping to have some pretties to look at in magazine form. This girl needs to save every penny until we get get another job in Idaho so yes, I'm shamefully begging for a magazine or two from my blogging sisters!

BTW, Bobby has been communicating with the University of Idaho and has a job he's applying for. Interviews will start about the time we arrive there. Perfect timing on everything!

No house lined up yet. Securing our house is my job and I'm picky. ☺ I know I'll be more excited once that's settled.

Y'all keep cheering for me! I need it!

14 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

Yes Holly, that's a potty! But who cares! I have one that I store all of our nail polish in.
I can't wait to see the house that you pick out! How exciting that will be?!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Queenie said...

Good Morning Holly!
I know you are getting really excited now...I will be looking forward to seeing the house you find too!

That's great that Bobby has an interview lined up when you get to Idaho...I just know everything is going to work out just right.

I'm cheering for you girlfriend! I'll be thinking of you!
Big Hugs,
Queenie
P.S. To answer your question...Those are mirrors on the ceiling.

Jenny S said...

Actually that is what they emptied the pot into, usually the chamber pots looked like large tcups with a single handle on one side. At least that is what I have been told!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Holly~
I'm glad you have the answer to your chamber pot question...when I first looked at the picture without reading the ? you asked-I thought it was a soup pot. Yikes! Good luck with your move and job/home search. Isn't it nice to know you have a whole cheering section in blogland?
I am going to be going through my decorating and craft magazines and weeding out...where would I mail them if I have some? I hate to throw beautiful magazines away-I'd much rather they go to someone who will enjoy them.
You can email me with an address if you want to keep it private..my email address is on my blog profile.
xoxo
Joyce

stefanie said...

how exciting....your adventure is about to begin!

Jacqueline said...

I don' think it's a potty but what do I know...looks like a cooking pot to me...Go figure, the girl with the curl does not have a clue but I'm happy you are going to get Groovy with me.
Don't be afraid, You have a pixie on each shoulder and God going before you!
Love and the best to you on this Monday!

Kinderfalls Primitives said...

It looks like my Grandmothers old fashioned bread crock. xx

Shabby Kim said...

Sorry Holly, can't say for sure what your enamel pot actually is. I love the old enamalware though and no matter if it's a potty or not, it's a great piece for you to have. No magazines to share with you either. Mine all get cut up pretty quickly soon after being read to be used in my ongoing decorating scrapbook project.

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Yep, its a potty pot! I drug one home thinking "oh how cute this is, I will plant flowers in it"! My girlfriend, former antiquestore owner informed me of the sad truth. Its been in the garage ever since! Good luck with the packing. Be sure to give a full report soon!

Ulrika said...

So neat that things are falling into place when the timing is right! Looking forward to see your new home. God bless you with all the strength and courage you need for this move! I'm so happy for you that you soon will be close to your grandchildren and sons.
Love, Ulrika

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I love your chamber pot and hope you take it with you when you go. I sometimes see them labeled at flea markets and garage sales as diaper pails, too. I love enamelware and the white with red trim always reminds me of my grandparent's place. Twyla

Nan said...

Well it's exciting you are going to move. On the magazines what is your address?

Dolly said...

Hi Holly,
It's a pee-pot.
I have the same one in my kitchen and had an amish guy come in and ask where I got it and told me if I saw another one to buy it for him because they could use another pee-pot. :-)
I don't think its strange to have a pee-pot in my kitchen {I'd never put food in it}

Good luck with your move sweety!
It will be fun to have a whole new house to decorate!

Hugz, Dolly

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

well after dolly's pee pot comment; i don't know if i can say... think about all the soups that were cooked in that pot?! LOL