Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another Good Reason...

to move across the country! Muffins delivered to me from my adorable DIL Sara! She said she thought these looked like me. I'm so blessed to have such a sweet DIL.

We signed the month to month lease on a nice duplex last night! My landlady is awesome! She really hit it off with my oldest son, Adrian because they are both language lovers. Oh yeah, Lexi, passed the test, too!

Phylis gave me the keys last night and we can start moving in today if we want to but she and her husband are not done cleaning and doing the maintenance so they would still be there a lot. Phylis said she'll PAY me to finish the cleaning if I would like. Yes- I like!

One of the greatest things about this duplex is that it's just a few blocks from the family. I'll be able to walk over there easily which is a good thing since my poor little van was sold in VA! We're also just a few blocks from my friend Becca who moved away from VA last Fall! God is good.


NOW- if I can just start sleeping and crafting again, all will be right! Have a great day girlfriends! I know I will!

10 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

I'm so happy to hear that you have a place to call home! And that your family and friend are so close by. Blessings all around!

Ulrika said...

Those muffins look yummy! I'm so glad to hear your news, it sounds like this duplex will be a great home for you while you get settled in Idaho. How nice to be within walking distance to family and friends.
Love, Rika

GWENDOLYN said...

Yummo muffins. glad to hear the move is working out for you. Many blessings in your new home.
Gwen:)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations, Holly! If I know you, you'll work way too hard on cleaning that duplex. Try not to work too hard, k? Twyla

Marydon Ford said...

Sunshine & muffins ... enjoy your new home.

Have a beau-TEA-ful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

love those muffins!!! i bought those pics last year!

i am SO happy that you guys found a rental and its all worked out so well!!

can't wait to see what you will be crafting:)

p.s. send me the new address:)

Queenie said...

Oh how sweet, those muffins look yummy! I am so happy for y'all... that you will be moving into the duplex. :) I wish I could come help you get things cleaned up and in order! You know I would if I weren't all the way in Florida...
Hope you have a great day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by my blog. I love yours and look forward to following your posts.

...and you're right - once a Texas girl ~ always a Texas girl :-)

Julie Ann said...

Yeay, Holly!!! Can't wait to see piccy's! :) I need your address, too! :) Have fun getting all set up and making everything home-y! Just think of all the new memories you'll make here! :)

Fun With This and That said...

It is always fun to move finding a new place for everything .Good luck . My grandaughter is moving in to her first apartment and I'm going to help. It will be a small budget.It will be fun. Have fun.Just found you will be back Laura Q