Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Idaho Treasures!

The cute strawberry plate was a dollar at Michael's and grangirl Elizabeth wants a snack on it when she comes to my house. It was fun to have her and her mom Sara along and to hear Elizabeth say, "Gramma, isn't that just soooo,so cute!" ☺


This vintage bowl was from the GW and I'm almost positive it's the same pattern that my mom had for a while. Once my photo albums are unpacked, I will look at a Christmas photo from 1972 to make sure. I think my mom must have really liked Blue and Green! Come to think of it, her Christmas lights on the outside of the house were Blue and Green, too!
Well, I'm still living half here at the motel and half at my boys apartments. (and I'm quite weary of it, thank you!) I long for some alone time and a bedroom door to shut!
Bobby, Micah and I went to be interviewed by a small local horse/cattle ranch about a large rental apartment there. Half of the rent would be in chores. The view from up there is absolutely amazing and there is a Palomino horse there that I've already fallen in love with (silly me!) Several other people are interviewing for this place too and we won't know if we can get it until the week end. We're also still waiting to hear back from the U of I about a job for Bobby there. Waiting, waiting, waiting! That's my middle name these days! One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus!
It feels so good to do something "normal' like take pics for my blog. My quiet/alone time is so limited and I can't blog with noise in the back ground so I blog when I can. I love all you girls and miss you so much!

12 comments:

Connie said...

I didn't realize they had a Michaels in Moscow, honey! Take a ride to Grangeville and enjoy that fantastic view in the spring. It's gorgeous.
xoxo,
Connie

Elyse said...

hi holly,

i'm glad you are finding some little bits of holly time.

the plate is sweet and strong -- just like you!

xo
elyse

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, It is so good hearing from you again. Your world is turned upside down right now, but I know good things are to come for you. Best wishes and prayers for the right home and job for Bobby. I've never seen that pattern before, but blue and green was a popular color combination when I was a teenager. Have a great day! Twyla

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

omg too funny!!! i just bought that strawberry plate yesterday at michael's too!!! LOL and i thought of you when i saw it:)

Lisa said...

Really love the plates!! I like the Horse farm idea! How great! I will pray that the right spot for you comes along!
Hugs, Lisa

Karen said...

Hi Holly!
I am so glad you are going to join in with the sorority! I think we'll have a good time! Don't forget to grab the button! I'll see you on the 25th - well, probably waaayyyy before that!
:) Karen ~ Some days are diamonds

Sewn With Grace said...

I have been following your journey and really love how positive and go with the flow you have been. I'm sure you have your moments but I sense your faith is strong and trusting the Lord as you travel. Have a great day!

Queenie said...

Hey Holly,
The plate is so cute and so is the bowl that you found that was like your mama's. I know it brought back sweet memories for you. I can imagine the fun you had shopping around with the girls too...It's so wonderful that you are able to spend time with your grandma and daughter in-law now! :)

Girl, I know you are getting ready for your own place to call home. I can put myself in your shoes, and I understand. Everything will fall into place soon, I just know it will. Hang in there sweetie :) It won't be long...I hope the job at the farm, with the apartment included will come through for y'all. It sounds like a good deal until you can find your home to buy. We managed an apartment complex one time, a long ago and we got our rent,and everything included for our work...it was a good deal. I know God has good things in store for you and your family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers always.
So glad to see you posting! Hope you sleep well, and have a beautiful weekend!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

bellaboo said...

Thanks for dropping by!
That plate is so sweet...love the strawberries.Good luck with all your plans.I hope all your wishes come true.

Bellaboo :0)

Creative Breathing said...

Yeah! Your there! It will such fun to watch as you unpack and settle into your new home. I'm so glad you are near your family now. Have a great week ahead! Elizabeth

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Hi Holly!!

I know how it feels living like that, although it's been a while. I hope you get that house you want so much. Good luck!!!

Have a happy weekend.

Rebecca

tales from an oc cottage said...

OH! I will be praying you get the apt...but only if it has LOTS of doors for you to close! ;}

m ^..^