Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fun With Shelving


Hee-hee! How do you like that title? Does it remind you of 5th grade film time?

The other day, I was sick unto death of unpacking stuff like this so I decided to have a little fun with my shabby book case! Top shelf

Second shelf

3rd shelf and evidently my favorite. ☺





Another peek at the bottom. It's Very hard to get a full shot of the book case or get good shots of the individual shelves because they are so deep that they cast shadows...
I have my large pfaltzgraff pieces gathered on top.

For those to you who are new to my blog, this Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic book case came to me via the Goodwill- $30.00! The price was so low because there is damage at the top that will be repaired (some great day) by one of the handy men in my life!
I love to play around with these shelves. I'll probably change them up more and more as the days go by! Every time I walk by, I have to tweak!
Today, I begin a new tradition. Just one grandchild comes over each week for the afternoon/evening to have alone time with us. Since Elizabeth (6) is the eldest, we are starting with her. She wants me to teach her how to make a rag wreath so we will have girly craft time and make a tiny one for her room. Yikes! I need to go organize the craft room!

Thanks for coming by!

11 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

OHHHH!!!!! That pink bunny! That pink bunny! LOOOOVE it!!!!!!

Jill

Connie said...

It's adorable, honey! Of course, you knew I would think that. ;-)

Good idea doing one grandchild at a time. Gives them more of your attention, chick....

xoxo,
Connie

stefanie said...

so pretty!!!
that is a great idea, she will always remember that!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

the shelf looks so pretty and girly, like you!!

what a fun tradition to start!!

Diane said...

Everything is looking like it is coming together! I think that is a great idea to have a one on one with each child. That could be a whole new Post idea for you ?? oxoxo, Miss Diane

Beth said...

How adorable! I just wish I could organize my house and purge some of my things so that I can enjoy what I have and love!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! Love your white bookcase. I've missed it. Have fun with your grandsweetie. Such special times spent together. Have a fun day! Twyla

Kim said...

Your shabby shelf is looking great Holly. I'm still jealous that it's yours and not mine :)

Isn't is wonderful to get all your pretty things unpacked and put in their place? Sure makes a home feel more like a home when it's all done. And there's nothing better than being surrounded by all of your favorite things again.

The Rose Room said...

oh lovely, so pretty and such a bargain!!! love the unpacking box still on the side - thats my style of unpacking, do the pretty and whats of interest first! lol - Rachaelxo

Sherry from Alabama said...

Your shelves, and the pretties on them, are all so gorgeous! And what a great new tradition! I'm so looking forward to grandchildren!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Queenie said...

Oh Holly...girl your shelves look precious!! I know you had such fun decorating your shabby cabinet...I love it :)
Hope the Birthday Girl had a very Happy Day...she is so cute!
Big Hugs,
Queenie