Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, July 12, 2010

Just Some More Thrifting Finds


It's another week peeps! I wonder what all will happen in it... Maybe, just maybe, I'll get my lap top set up and working and my craft supplies set up too! Ya think?

I thought this wall pocket/planter was pretty cool and I know many of you would use it as is but I'll probably paint it a fun color- some day. For now, I think I'll hang it on the outside of the duplex as an entrance thingy. ☺ I couldn't pass up this little bitty do it yourself lamp shade. Now if only I had a little bitty lamp to go with it! Why do I do such things? ☺ I wonder how many years this thing will sit around before I actually use it OR give it to the GW!? Ha-ha! Do you all do that, too?

Boxes:
I only have about 15 boxes left to unpack! Well, maybe I should say unpack AND put away. Some times I'm at a loss as to where to put things in this smaller home. I know I will have to re-pack some stuff and put it in the garage...
Job:
Bobby is still working a bit with our boys but he has a job interview this week with the City of Pullman WA. Pullman is just over the border from us. That's where we went to see Eclipse. When we drove through the old down town area, I got the warm fuzzies because my mom went to college there way back when. It was neat to envision my mom and her friends walking down that street. Oh how I wish I could ask her about those days. If you still have your mom with you, ASK her questions. Mine was gone before I even had any!

Walking:
I started taking my morning walks again yesterday. I know this will really help me increase my coping skills which have been quite absent lately! I've had a hard time bringing myself to walk in town... If I go early enough it will be okay- no cars zooming by!

Have a good day girls! I'll be back tomorrow with a decorating dilemma!

8 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

I hope you get your craft supplies unpacked and set up soon. I bet the sooner you can start getting creative again, the happier you'll be!
I think someone needs another trip to The Field! I don't think I would enjoy walking where there are lots of cars either.
Are you kidding? I'm always buying stuff with the best intentions of using them! That's why, when I clean the area that holds all of my crafting supplies, I find things that I forgot I had. It's like Christmas!
Happy Monday!
Carol

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

those wall pockets are fun, yours is a cute one:)

good luck to bobby!! hope you get all your unpacking done soon too:)

question for ya... do you drink diet drinks? not just pop, any kind of diet... diet lemonade? lol!! i know its a weird question... dont ask why, hehehe!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Mornin' Holly! Good luck with the unpacking. It's hard to get motivated when there isn't room for it. Your craft supplies will make you happy though. I have things for years that I buy with best intentions and don't get done. You are not alone on that. Good for you on your walking. It is great alone time and stress reliever. Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Good luck with your projects. I'm trying to put together a game plan for this week also. It seems like time passes so quickly and before I know it another week is gone and I have nothing to show for it.

Love the wall pocket!

Creative Breathing said...

Holly, I have a lamp without a shade! Let's see who can have them sit the longest! It is such fun "watching" you do the unpacking. It is like an adventure for us to see what you will put where and what color you will paint what. I giggled at the Weeble shaker, too cute; and the Christmas line should be fun to craft with. Looking forward to the decorating dilema! Elizabeth

Sherry from Alabama said...

What sweet finds, and yes, I do that too. I buy something and regret it as soon as I get home and try to find a place for it.

Sounds like you're getting a lot of unpacking done. Go easy on yourself though. You've made a major change in your life and need to take time to be kind to Holly. She deserves it, you know.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Queenie said...

Great finds Holly, and yes, I pick things up all the time, and then hang onto them until I can use them...you will find that little lamp to decorate someday...I just know it :)

How wonderful that you got to walk the same streets that your mama went to college at...I know it did fill your mind with questions...I wish you could ask your mama the things you wonder about...one day you will get to...you will see her again one sweet day :)

That's great news that your hubby had a job interview....I hope that Bobby gets the job!

About walking...A walk is always just what the doctor ordered aint' it?! I love to go walking too...it always makes me feel great! So glad that you were able to get back to your walking routine. :)
Hope you have a happy week...I'll be praying for Bobby and the job.
Big hugs,
Queenie

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, my gosh - this is too funny - I have the VERY same itty bitty lampshade - and no, I haven't covered it yet nor do I know when or what I will use it for. But, yeah - I had to get it. I have had it for probably two or three years - so that gives you some idea of what I do with my stuff! LOL!