Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, July 17, 2010

NOT For Sale


Don't you hate the following signs when you're out thrifting:
Not For Sale
For Display Only
I saw so many of those the other day while out thrifting that I about lost heart! But my poor heart leaped once more when I saw this wicker shelf on the wall! But THEN I reminded myself that it was probably NOT for sale!


I was SOOO happy when I found out that it WAS for sale and for only $3.00! Yippee! It's going in my new crafting place. I think I will put cute/pretty paper down as a shelf liner.

Job:
Bobby is supposed to report for work for the city of Pullman on Monday morning! BUT, since his police record check hasn't come back yet, they can't officially say, "The job is yours." It's kind of annoying... We want to be totally excited but there's a bur under our saddle! Bobby will eventually be working evenings and for the first time in 10 years, we'll have free insurance! Woo-hoo! God is good!

Have a great week end everyone!
Love and joy to you!

11 comments:

Seaside Rose Creations said...

I sooo relate!!! It seems the items I want the most are not for sale :(

I have two of the same type of wicker shelves and got both of them at thrift stores. Fun fun!

Congrats on the heath insurance. Come visit me when you get a chance for my pink Saturday post!

Roselle

Rebecca said...

Glad you snagged the sweet shelf Holly! :)

I hate NFS signs, too. But...I have had them in my shoppe before. If I didn't I wouldn't have anything to display on. I have a pink cabinet down there right now that actually goes in my home. It was there because everything had sold so fast. Then I had women fighting over it and it wasn't even for sale. Argh! Now I try NOT to ever put NFS on things because I know firsthand how disappoint it can be.

Congrats on the job and insurance. Yes...God is good!

xoRebecca

Kim said...

Happens to me all the time Holly. I see so many cute display shelfs or baskets and more often than not, they have that little tag on them marked "NFS" (Not for Sale). You sure lucked out this time. I love the wicker shelf, and WOW only $3, what a great bargain. I've been looking for one similar to that as well, but havent' found one yet. Gotta keep looking.

rosechicfriends said...

Hi Holly!
LOL...so glad you darling shelf was FOR SALE! Its cute and I can't wait to see how you use it!

YEA, on the job and insurance...I may have good news coming too!

Happy PINK!
Lorena

Nan said...

Well that's great the shelf was for sale and a good price too.

stefanie said...

wow, three dollars!! jackpot!
ok, I have to tell you, I do that in my booth, its hard to find shelfs to display things on, so I have NFS on some of my stuff...and I know people get upset at me...oh well..heehee

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cute shelf:) good luck to bobby! brian works nights and i despise it!! bedtime is SO hard with the boys for me:(

Lisa said...

As we all know his record is clean so he will stay on the job!! I am so glad for you! LOVE that shelf!! Our stores here have stupid high prices on those things! Enjoy!
Hugs, Lisa

Olivia~ said...

Oh my this is just darling! I have one in my booth right now...hmmm, oh well, I can't keep everything right. Anyhoo, God is good, keep the faith!
Hugs,
Olivia

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Congratulations on the shelf and the job!!! I'm so excited for you!!


I also hate the NFS signs - what purpose do they serve?? Why put it out there just to get my hopes up?? I (kinda) understand when it's shelves - I guess they have to have something to display their stuff ON - but can't they get something non-cute?? But when they "decorate" the sale area with stuff that so goes with what they are selling - I mean!! What's a girl to do??

Sandi said...

Hi Holly! So sorry I have been MIA lately. Trying to catch up on your posts. Your vintage decals are just too cute and that wicker shelf too. I have to confess I am one of those NOT FOR SALE FOR DISPLAY ONLY gals. :) But then on the other hand, I also hate it when I find something I love and it is not for sale. Just can't have it all I guess! lol
Glad your hubby finally found a job! They are hard to come by these days. Have a beautiful day!!
Hugs~