Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh Baby!


I decided to gather all my Meyercord and vintage nursery goodies in one spot! (Minus one planter from Twyla that has the privilege of going in my craft room!)I can't wait to show the grand girls! They really like having a Grams who loves baby stuff!
This is what you see on top of my roll top desk when you come up the stairs to the main floor. I think I should lower the banner and pink picture. that's one of the nice things about photographing your decor- you see the mistakes!
My poor men... Their big screen area is a bit more masculine! I'll show it when I'm done decorating over there.
I have my eye on a light "Lellow" ☺ chippy highchair at the antique mall. It has a Pink bunny decal on it that I've never seen before. I want it soooo bad I actually teared up in the mall! Ha-ha! I actually have enough fun money to pay for it but then all my fun money would be gone! :(
Have any of you had any success with offering less at a mall and getting it? How about you stall owners? Do you consider counter offers?
Have a great Wednesday!

8 comments:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

You're so cute!!!

I don't doubt your grandbabies love you! I love the soft pinks too ~ agree the banner would probably make more of an impact grouped closer to the desk. I've never had any luck with the whole bartering thing. The few times I've been offered a lower price have been a complete surprise to me - typically when I've been given a price and started to walk away after deciding I didn't way to pay it. That happens more though in an antique store where you're dealing directly with the person who owns the item.

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Shelley said...

I love it....very sweet...buy that highchair if it makes you happy and do offer less if the tag doesn't state as firm...most likely the seller will drop the price....good luck

Connie said...

I'd never thought of that, but I think you're absolutely right about grands loving that you have and love baby things, sugar. I'll have to do that when Caroline gets a bit older. Put out fun things for her to look at and love later.
xoxo,
Connie

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

so so cute!!!

heartfelt living said...

Hi Holly,
Oh I just love your sweet baby items. Everything looks so soft and pretty!
My daughter and I recently went shopping at an Antique Mall and when we went to check out we asked them if they would go lower on the prices and they said each dealer offer different pricing and the dealer we bought from gave a 10% discount! It never hurts to ask. Some times dealers price their mdse so that they can offer discounts. It was out of my comfort zone but worth it in the end we saved almost $6.00!
Oh before I forget : ) I was tring to look up the Avon perfume you liked but couldn't find anything. They have changed to bottles so much over the years. Maybe it will come to me one day! Thanks for sharing your memories.
xx
Karen

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, it's good to see you decorating again! This is absolutely adorable! I so want you to get the high chair! Many vendors allow a 10% discount on an item. It doesn't hurt to ask. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I bet you are a fun grandma. Have a great day! Twyla

Lisa said...

Looks like HOME!! Enjoy your fun!
Hugs, Lisa

Queenie said...

The nursery collectibles look so cute Holly! I know those grandgirls do love it too :) You have such an awesome collection :)